F Cole Caufield - Univ. of Wisconsin, NCAA (2019, 15th, MTL) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Wow. Some high expectations when people say if he’s like Hudler they won’t be happy. It’s not like this kid has been absolutely lighting up leagues and he’s a kid first round pick. Geez
Looks like you know almost nothing about CC. Not lighting up leagues lmao. Do some homework and maybe you won’t sound so ill-informed.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Dylan Holloway should be thanking Caufield for existing. ;)

I think Vice Versa as well. Caufield has been playing much better since he's started playing with Holloway. He's the type of big body player that Caufield needs on his line. Somebody that is talented but can also do all the dirty work that Caufield can't (physically) do.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Caufield + Holloway is the new Suzuki + Samorukov.

Both fan bases were pretty united on that OHL Championship and Memorial Cup run for the Guelph Storm. Samorukov and Suzuki were the big dogs on that team, they were a fun team to watch.

Wisconsin is staring to look really good on the ice. Caufield and Holloway are playing outstanding hockey right now, Caufield has figured it out at this level. He’s utterly dominant shift in and shift out.

Wisconsin plays their home games on an Olympic sized ice as well which compliments Caufield’s skills, he’s probably the Hobey Baker favourite right now.

The Badgers are a fun team to watch right now. Go Badgers!!

Reactions: Llamamoto

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Dylan Holloway should be thanking Caufield for existing. ;)

They don’t even play 5 v 5 that often, usually just a bit in the 3rd period and on the PP lately. Pelton-Byce generally centres Cole. Cole’s brother Brock Caufield plays more 5 v 5 with Holloway than Cole does.

However, they both compliment each other when they are on the ice together. Holloway is an outstanding skater and on the forecheck, excellent defensively and creates a lot of turnovers as a puck hound. Caufield is an elite offensive hockey player and well above average skater with really good edge work especially. Caufields lateral skater and quickness are very noticeable at the NCAA level.

When Caufield and Holloway are on the ice though it’s natural chemistry and they dominate together. Wisconsin is a good team and are playing good hockey, 5 v 5 they actually don’t play all that often, it’s just when they do they usually score together along with on the PP.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
They don’t even play 5 v 5 that often, usually just a bit in the 3rd period and on the PP lately. Pelton-Byce generally centres Cole. Cole’s brother Brock Caufield plays more 5 v 5 with Holloway than Cole does.

However, they both compliment each other when they are on the ice together. Holloway is an outstanding skater and on the forecheck, excellent defensively and creates a lot of turnovers as a puck hound. Caufield is an elite offensive hockey player and well above average skater with really good edge work especially. Caufields lateral skater and quickness are very noticeable at the NCAA level.

When Caufield and Holloway are on the ice though it’s natural chemistry and they dominate together. Wisconsin is a good team and are playing good hockey, 5 v 5 they actually don’t play all that often, it’s just when they do they usually score together along with on the PP.

I don't disagree. But the big change in Caufield's game this year is that he is generating offense on his own and creating scoring opportunities for his linemates. Last year he was more reliant on his linemates to feed him the puck. Caufield is driving offense much more than in the past.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I don't disagree. But the big change in Caufield's game this year is that he is generating offense on his own and creating scoring opportunities for his linemates. Last year he was more reliant on his linemates to feed him the puck. Caufield is driving offense much more than in the past.

He’s been dominant offensively, I’ve watched almost every game Holloway has been in for Wisconsin and you can’t help but being impressed with Caufield in those. Especially the last little stretch post-WJC the Badgers have been on.

Caufield is an underrated playmaker as well, he’s got elite vision in the offensive zone. At least at this level. He’s more than just an elite sniper, he’s a very good passer and doesn’t just have tunnel vision on the ice to shoot the puck.

He absolutely drives the bus offensively for the Badgers, his usual 5 v 5 line with Pelton-Byce and Weisbach are really clicking right now. The Badgers PP has been lethal as well with their 5 forward setup on the PP.

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Caufield is leading the NCAA in goals and points as a sophomore.

He’s been the engine on Wisco and they’re second in the Big 10.

Crickets from the WJC crowd.

What’s the debate? The guy is an absolute f***ing stud.
It’s crickets from the WJC crowd because for most of them it’s the only time they’ve ever seen CC play and they think that makes an expert in amateur scouting.

Reactions: Jesperi Suzuki

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
beside their one timer and size they are nothing alike.

he's more of a mini Matthews.
I guess Cammalleri is not good enough for you.
They are very much alike. Shot, size, underrated passer, overmatched, subpar defensively.

Size is a huge factor regarding his play, you can not just ignore it and call him a mini Matthews. However, if you think so, fine boy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael McConnor

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
His best comp is definitely Debrincat, though Caufield has better edges and is a better playmaker. Probably some sort of Debrincat/Gaudreau hybrid. Obviously that’s best case.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I guess Cammalleri is not good enough for you.
They are very much alike. Shot, size, underrated passer, overmatched, subpar defensively.

Size is a huge factor regarding his play, you can not just ignore it and call him a mini Matthews. However, if you think so, fine boy.
That's comical, it's either you've never realy watched Cammalleri or Caufield. like i mentioned beside his one timer and size, they play nothing alike.

He does play like a Matthews, great hands, versatile shot, agile but not the fastest, good puck possession players, while shooters both have underrated playmaking abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA