F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Matthews had 3pts in 5 games his WJC debut, he was born 2 days after the cutoff. He's gone on to have a pretty good career.

Fantilli started the WJC rough but finished strong. He moved back up the lineup.

Sounds like you are looking for any disclaimer to discredit this kid, he's doing incredible thus far. Having 5 pts in 7 games as a predraft prospect is incredible.

Matthews was a full year younger.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Matthews had 3pts in 5 games his WJC debut, he was born 2 days after the cutoff. He's gone on to have a pretty good career.

Fantilli started the WJC rough but finished strong. He moved back up the lineup.

Sounds like you are looking for any disclaimer to discredit this kid, he's doing incredible thus far. Having 5 pts in 7 games as a predraft prospect is incredible.
Matthews’ comparable WJC was in Finland where he had 11pts in 7 games if I remember correctly; but he was leading the line for the USA whereas Fantilli played most of the tournament for the 4th line for Canada. That being said, I still see an Eichel-type projectable. Based on what I’ve seen at u-18 and u-20 his game is most effective when he uses his physical skills ability to play north/south/direct hockey

Reactions: Bfan14

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023

Matthews had 7G and 11pts in 7 games in his draft year as an over ager just like Fantilli was...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Matthews had 7G and 11pts in 7 games in his draft year as an over ager just like Fantilli was...

We always here how we shouldn’t expect anything from draft year Can prospects at the WJC

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
We always here how we shouldn’t expect anything from draft year Can prospects at the WJC
Not when they're overage draft picks.

17yo do rarely make an impact unless you're a Bedard, McDavid, etc

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
It’s some 23 year old cat on Stonehill College who are technically division 1 this season

It’s like a decimal point and their schedule is a joke, but for all intents and purposes fantilli essentially is.

The hawks play against like intramural squads.
They can be D1 but most of their games are against non-D1 teams. Whoever it is does not have that many points in the D1 games.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
They can be D1 but most of their games are against non-D1 teams. Whoever it is does not have that many points in the D1 games.

That’s what i said. For all intents and purposes it is Fantilli.
That tweet is just some clown trying to sound smart because he used filter

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Fantilli WJC reminded me of Byfields.

LOLOLOL

People still taking about the WJC
It’s one small tournament that people read to much into.

Caufield was having a similarly dominant season in the B10 in 20/21, he had a very disappointing WJC and people overreacted and thought less of him as a prospect. A few months later after carrying Wisconsin to a B10 championship and winning the Hobey, he was one of Montreal’s best forwards in their run to the finals and is now one of the best young goal-scorers in the league. Many of his teammates who had a better WJC are nowhere close to him.

Use the larger body of work.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Caufield was having a similarly dominant season in the B10 in 20/21, he had a very disappointing WJC and people overreacted and thought less of him as a prospect. A few months later after carrying Wisconsin to a B10 championship and winning the Hobey, he was one of Montreal’s best forwards in their run to the finals and is now one of the best young goal-scorers in the league. Many of his teammates who had a better WJC are nowhere close to him.

I'm not reading too much into it... I'm just stating what it reminded me of it doesn't change my view of him one way or another.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017

Far too many people put their eggs in one basket for this tournament.

I remember watching Petan destroy the World Juniors as a forward, while Morrissey was on those same teams and wasn’t producing as much when he was an OFD in the WHL. I think you can guess how that turned out for each player.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Far too many people put their eggs in one basket for this tournament.

I remember watching Petan destroy the World Juniors as a forward, while Morrissey was on those same teams and wasn’t producing as much when he was an OFD in the WHL. I think you can guess how that turned out for each player.
Pretty sure that Byfield-Fantilli is quite a bit more relevant player comparison than Morrissey-Petan. For one, Morrissey is a defenseman while Petan is a forward. They also play nothing alike.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Pretty sure that Byfield-Fantilli is quite a bit more relevant player comparison than Morrissey-Petan. For one, Morrissey is a defenseman while Petan is a forward. They also play nothing alike.
They were both Jets prospects dude, my point still stands that production at the World Juniors is overrated af, and that quite a few good NHLers who played at those tournaments whether they were draft eligible or already were drafted had mid to mediocre tournaments

Fantilli as it stands, is probably the best center not named Bedard in the draft. World Junior production doesn’t really change that fact compared to his regular season college play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad