F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If Anaheim drafts him I have no problem with him staying another year in college. He also may be better in the AHL then the NHL. Either way. No reason to rush him when the Ducks are going to be terrible again next year.

Reactions: Rob

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I think after the development success we've recently seen with high picks returning to Michigan for their D+1, like Beniers, Johnson, and Power, we'll see the same with Fantilli. The NHL at 18 is a merciless place.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Rough Few weeks
the fighting major automatic suspension
then the game misconduct in the first period

even his coach said he has to focus up more
of course other teams are targeting him

Last edited:

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
He was a no show at the U18. Played even some time on Bedards wing and didn't look anything special. The YOG, a tournament someone like Michkov or Miro simply destroyed, he again was not particularly noticeable.

So, to be fair, internationally he didn't look like a future 2nd OA at all.
Yeah he was actually quite brutal at the U18. Directly responsible to them losing to Finland

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
Rough Few weeks
the fighting major automatic suspension
then the game misconduct in the first period

even his coach said he has to focus up more
of course other teams are targeting him
I think it was in this thread I mentioned he looks to be a hothead and that has only continued since then.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
hat trick goal called off bc of offside

was a nice snipe off a feed from Luke Hughes

PS: announcer is annoying as f*** yelling like a madman and getting all names wrong
I can’t stand the Michigan announcer. Incredibly annoying to listen to.

I believe the goal wasn’t called off for offsides, but rather that there were six skaters on the ice before the goaltender was off the ice.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
I don’t think he was, not every prospect that age are Bedard, it’s normal that he wasn’t tearing it up. It’s only a 7 games tournament, it doesn’t change his potential and draft ranking.
Its the U18 not U20. He was as old as you could be in it?

Being the potential 2nd overall he absolutely should have been lighting ut up, not turning it over resulting in the loss

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think after the development success we've recently seen with high picks returning to Michigan for their D+1, like Beniers, Johnson, and Power, we'll see the same with Fantilli. The NHL at 18 is a merciless place.
Except Fantilli will turn 19 on October 12th 2023, probably a week into the season.

If my team lucked into getting the #2 pick, I would be very torn on what to do. I agree that a 2nd year in Michigan can't hurt him. But he's already killing it offensively...how much can he gain from going back? Maybe starting in the AHL for half a season would be the best path.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Because you’re still mentioning it. If you weren’t, you’d have put it out of mind like the rest of us.
Its very clearly a part of his body of work and is still important.

Being moved down the lineup this past wjc was also not a good sign, where he was just ok.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Its very clearly a part of his body of work and is still important.

Being moved down the lineup this past wjc was also not a good sign, where he was just ok.
Except it’s not still important. Sometimes teenagers just have bad tournaments. His body of work against adult men over the course of the past six months in the NCAA drowns out the U18. Overreaction to a single set of four (4!!!) games is how scouting mistakes are made. Actually, it’s not even an overreaction to a bad tournament, it’s an overreaction to a couple of bad plays. He still had 6 points in those four games.

Bfan14

Jan 24, 2023
Except it’s not still important. Sometimes teenagers just have bad tournaments. His body of work against adult men over the course of the past six months in the NCAA drowns out the U18. Overreaction to a single set of four (4!!!) games is how scouting mistakes are made. Actually, it’s not even an overreaction to a bad tournament, it’s an overreaction to a couple of bad plays. He still had 6 points in those four games.
As I said, he also wasn't good at the WJC when he should have been dominating.

It's not a great sign he hasn't shown much against the best of the best of his peers

I still see some major hockey IQ concerns.

Some amazing tools though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad