Czech Republic: Extraliga thread

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Are there any online broadcasting services for Extraliga, similar to KHL or SHL, to watch the games from out of Czech Republic? I've always found this league to be "cute". Seeing some play-off games would be cool.

hokej.cz used to show games for free. maybe somebody here knows if that is still the case

Babula

May 31, 2012
bright (or better anyway) future i can see in this thread. I still like our top league and the second (WSM) aswell. What do you think about "Dukla" project ?

Hockey7492

May 27, 2014
GER
I don't see much action on this thread.
I hope some good hockey people will get this thread going as i think the Extraliga is a good championship!

I propose a discussion. Are you guys disappointed about the ice time Jakub Lauko is getting in Chomutov?
I mean the kid is getting now the same ice time he was getting one year ago in the Extraliga play-offs.
Maybe the kid should fly to Quebec and play for Rouyn Noranda.
He will be a 1st round draft pick, but if he plays 6 minutes per game. I don't know how much he will develop.

Rigafan. In Germany i can still watch games for free on the website you did mention. Why don't you?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
bright (or better anyway) future i can see in this thread. I still like our top league and the second (WSM) aswell. What do you think about "Dukla" project ?

I like the project to be honest. Good for those players who have already outgrown U20 league, but struggle to make an impact in Extraliga.

I don't see much action on this thread.
I hope some good hockey people will get this thread going as i think the Extraliga is a good championship!

I propose a discussion. Are you guys disappointed about the ice time Jakub Lauko is getting in Chomutov?
I mean the kid is getting now the same ice time he was getting one year ago in the Extraliga play-offs.
Maybe the kid should fly to Quebec and play for Rouyn Noranda.
He will be a 1st round draft pick, but if he plays 6 minutes per game. I don't know how much he will develop.

Rigafan. In Germany i can still watch games for free on the website you did mention. Why don't you?

You are not going to see much action in this thread anytime soon. Not enough Czech users.
Lauko got some room early on, played 11min+ in the first two games, since then it was only decreasing. He will need to shine in the U18 national team to maintain the 1st round consideration, since it doesn't look like he's gonna get many points in the men league.

Hockey7492

May 27, 2014
GER
I understand your point. But what about this. Is it better for him to play in the Czech U20 league and dominate it? Play 6 minutes in the Extraliga? Or go play Major Junior and have a big role?
My opinion is:
1st North America Major Junior
2nd Extraliga "6 minutes" per game
3rd Czech Junior League

Wooren. Lets hope we will not be the only two discussing in this thread. LOL

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
How is Jakub Galvas (2017 #150 Blackhawks) doing? I see that he has 1+5 in 15 games and he's leading defenceman U24 scoring. Does he have NHL upside?

Hockey7492

May 27, 2014
GER
I am not big on Galvas. I think the kid has skills, but not much else.
I don't see him be a regular NHL player.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Hi guys,

Is anyone able to assist me? I want to order a small item from the Bili Tygri fanshop, but shipping is only possible to Czech Republic or Slovakia. I live in Vienna (Austria) and I hope someone can help me by having it sent and then forwarding it to me?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
rickard palmberg signs with berani zlin.

suprised by this, he had 31 points in 41 games in shl and he is just 30 years old. must been a long time ago a good shler signed with a extraliga club. alot of shl clubs wanted him, but still he choosed to play in extraliga.

VP

Jul 1, 2016
Sorry for this being a bit off topit but I am travelling to Prague in october for the flyers-blackhawks game. I am staying 3 nights. Going to see the nhl game, going to Czech hockey hall of fame and going to slavia Praha game. Is there any other "hockey things" to do in Prague?

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
Sorry for this being a bit off topit but I am travelling to Prague in october for the flyers-blackhawks game. I am staying 3 nights. Going to see the nhl game, going to Czech hockey hall of fame and going to slavia Praha game. Is there any other "hockey things" to do in Prague?
Kladno is at Sparta the Sunday after the NHL game, Kladno juniors playing on the Saturday, but no time announced. Both Prague junior teams are away that weekend.

vtmx

Aug 27, 2019
Prague, CZE
Looks like we're in for a fun season, Kladno's and Energie's jersey are both absolutely hideous. I can't remember when was the last time I've seen jerseys this bad.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Did Justin Peters take the number 1 job from Kroselj down the stretch with Mountfield?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad