Czech Republic: Extraliga thread

Player big P

no more striptease no more flashes
Feb 4, 2010
Prague
I've been in Prague for about a month and a half and just got back from a Slavia/Sparta game that made me miss NHL refs terribly. I would say that literally half of the game was played shorthanded by one team or the other and I'm pretty sure there were four two minute 5 on 3s, all on calls that would've had me throwing bottles at the refs if it was the NHL or a team I cared about.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
I've been in Prague for about a month and a half and just got back from a Slavia/Sparta game that made me miss NHL refs terribly. I would say that literally half of the game was played shorthanded by one team or the other and I'm pretty sure there were four two minute 5 on 3s, all on calls that would've had me throwing bottles at the refs if it was the NHL or a team I cared about.

Two months ago they made a decision that they want to protect skilled players and they will call everything. Result is 20 % increase in minor penalties and 40 % in major.

Source: http://hokej.idnes.cz/hokej-extrali...ku-frk-/hokej.aspx?c=A150129_115439_hokej_cig

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Can anyone explain Martin Rucinsky's sudden rise in offensive production this season at 44 years old? Seems kind of strange. Good line mates?

kulenova seka

Can someone tell me more about Tomas Mertl, recent Medvescak's signing ? I see he is a center, is he good at faceoffs ?

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
So am I right that rule for mandatory number of junior players was cancelled for this season, of course without any public interest. Wasnt this rule one of the Scerban's reason for cancelling relegation in junior league??? F***g czech way again. Dont know what to say. There must be always somebody in this state:(:( who is going around....

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Does no one care about the Czech league?

I don't know why Germany has it's own forum and the Czech Republic does not.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Does no one care about the Czech league?

I don't know why Germany has it's own forum and the Czech Republic does not.

Czech Republic doesn't have it's own forum because there are not enough czech members discussing our own leagues, players, tournaments, teams. That being said it's odd Germany does have it's own forum, they don't have much (if any) more fans than CZE here.
I wish we had our own forum for sure though...

Babula

May 31, 2012
Czech Republic doesn't have it's own forum because there are not enough czech members discussing our own leagues, players, tournaments, teams. That being said it's odd Germany does have it's own forum, they don't have much (if any) more fans than CZE here.
I wish we had our own forum for sure though...

small pond as usual. but still :yo:

Babula

May 31, 2012
So am I right that rule for mandatory number of junior players was cancelled for this season, of course without any public interest. Wasnt this rule one of the Scerban's reason for cancelling relegation in junior league??? F***g czech way again. Dont know what to say. There must be always somebody in this state:(:( who is going around....

hell yeah. What the f**k is Scerban reason ??? :dunno:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
So what Czech clubs do we support here?

I support Slavia Praha, even though they are not in the top league right now, they are playing to get back, will probably be between them and Kladno.

Babula

May 31, 2012

I support Slavia Praha, even though they are not in the top league right now, they are playing to get back, will probably be between them and Kladno.

Kladno, unfortunately looks not so good. do believe in Č. Budějovice this season...

Last edited:

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
Watched Kladno's 2:6 loss at Usti yesterday. Don't see them to turn things arround in this series. Slovan did great defensive work and used their speed well for counter attacks. Kladno did some dirty plays. Ruzicka and Ptacek were more engaged to provocate the opponents and the home crowd as well, than play hockey.

Would be great for Usti to reach the next round and earn some more money to stabilize the financial situation. I really regret, that the new baraz system didn't exist, when Slovan had it's best years some seasons ago.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Watched Kladno's 2:6 loss at Usti yesterday. Don't see them to turn things arround in this series. Slovan did great defensive work and used their speed well for counter attacks. Kladno did some dirty plays. Ruzicka and Ptacek were more engaged to provocate the opponents and the home crowd as well, than play hockey.

Would be great for Usti to reach the next round and earn some more money to stabilize the financial situation. I really regret, that the new baraz system didn't exist, when Slovan had it's best years some seasons ago.

Yeah it could be very good for them. Many times, I heared about Usti or Chomutov posibilities to join any of germany leagues. What is the challenge for this, all the time ? Money, crowd, or .... ?

Last edited:

kometa

@pucksport
Oct 6, 2011
Markranstaedt, Saxony
This talk was only about to force a better way to promote to Extraliga. I never understood this crazy situation that the champion of 1st league had to play a series against the last of the Extraliga without home advantage. The now established system with four teams and round robin (2 home, 2 away vs. each opponent) is way better.

Btw. Slovan just finished the series vs. Kladno in game 6 with 4:3 in OT and advanced to the semis. Now they will play against Jihlava. So I will have two more visits there at matches 3 and 4 next week. This year's permanentka was a good invest for sure.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Are there any online broadcasting services for Extraliga, similar to KHL or SHL, to watch the games from out of Czech Republic? I've always found this league to be "cute". Seeing some play-off games would be cool.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012

Hradec Kralove! Even though I don't really follow their senior team; I just have some friends in the youth teams.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Kometa Brno
In 1st league I hope Kladno gets promoted (I know it's impossible this year, but maybe next year they'll return back where they should be)

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I can't wait for the new season to start this Friday!!!!

This is my rankings for the start of the season

1. Kometa

2. Liberec

3. Trinec

4. Hradec Kr.

5. Sparta

6. Plzen

7. Chomutov

8. Litvinov

9. Vitkovice

10. Pardubice

11. Mlada Bolesl.