Czech Republic: Extraliga thread

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I know there won't be much traffic in this thread but I've already wanted a couple of times to post something about the league and I couldn't because of no thread. Now things change! :D

So who do you want to win the finals?

Who do you want to win the relegation? (baráž)

or anything else you have to say, say it! ;)

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Well its probably pretty obvious for who I cheer in the finals :laugh: although I'm not one of those mad Kometa's fans which appeared in the playoffs (bandwagoners or how them called in NA). : )

And Chomutov would be a nice new team in Extraliga. But I disagree with the relegation system. I think that a team who ends last in playout should go down and a team who wins 1'st League playoffs should promote into Extraliga instantly.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Well its probably pretty obvious for who I cheer in the finals :laugh: although I'm not one of those mad Kometa's fans which appeared in the playoffs (bandwagoners or how them called in NA). : )

And Chomutov would be a nice new team in Extraliga. But I disagree with the relegation system. I think that a team who ends last in playout should go down and a team who wins 1'st League playoffs should promote into Extraliga instantly.

Personally I don't believe Kometa will make it, but good luck ;)

Speaking about relegation system, I think the best would be to play games among 2 worst Extraliga teams and top2 1. liga teams. Why? Simply because it's more hockey to watch for the fans :D It looks way to easy IMO if the winner of 1. liga just went up and the last Extraliga team went down.

lamini

Nov 30, 2011
Prostějov
Hope Brno manages to win it, but I think that 1-1 goal in game 4 ment end for them. Doubt they have enough strength left to win the series now.

I think Boleslav stays in ELH

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I think it's deserved too. I'm not a huge Pardubice fan since they defeated Vítkovice in the final couple of years ago, but I have to admit they know how to win. Also good to see guys like Buchtele, Kousal etc. on the champion's lineup. Some of these young guys could become solid NT's complementary players in the future.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
So Chomutov made it to Extraliga for the next season... I'm kinda sad, mainly because of David Výborný. I'm always rooting for him :(

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Finally Mlada get relegated.... I know it's harsh to say, but they really haven't progressed since they got promoted.

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Michal Bros - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha
Petr Ton - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha

This is a bit old news, but I thought I could post it here as Bros and Ton are still great players in the Extraleague. Sparta is my favorite team in the league and I think it´s great that they will play at least one more year with Sparta.

Has there been lately more information about Michal Sersen? He has been rumoured to Russia, and I don´t think there´s a big chance that he will play next year in Praha. He has had a good season and he has played well for Slovakia at WC.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Michal Bros - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha
Petr Ton - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha

This is a bit old news, but I thought I could post it here as Bros and Ton are still great players in the Extraleague. Sparta is my favorite team in the league and I think it´s great that they will play at least one more year with Sparta.

Has there been lately more information about Michal Sersen? He has been rumoured to Russia, and I don´t think there´s a big chance that he will play next year in Praha. He has had a good season and he has played well for Slovakia at WC.

I think he's most likely to go to Slovan Bratislava.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I have never watched Extraliga but my parents live about an hour away from Liberec. How are the Bili Tygri? Doesn't seem like they've done very well since '08.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
I think he's most likely to go to Slovan Bratislava.

It makes sense. Slovan have said they are after players who played in the NT this year (like Bliznak and Bartovic), and with Sersen having played for Slovan for a number of years previously, it would be a very likely scenario

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I have never watched Extraliga but my parents live about an hour away from Liberec. How are the Bili Tygri? Doesn't seem like they've done very well since '08.

I'd say they are San Jose of Extraliga. Always a contender, but never puts it all together. now when Nedved is most likely leaving, it probably won't get any better, but they can surprise.

Babula

May 31, 2012
hey guys, i'm looking for Michal Vondrka informations. how good he is? he would do good in swiss lna?

Michal Vondrka is one of the best forward in Czech league. He was on last WC in national team. Karpat Oulu was his first try outside Czech republic last season, but he had not success. I hope he makes it better next time.

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England
Vondrka was the only shining light in Slavia's season last year (Well, Hertl aside).

Very good player. Been linked tentatively with Lev since the start of the off-season. Really hope he'd be back at Slavia, but I highly doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->