Czech Republic: Extraliga thread

Babula

May 31, 2012
Pardubice signs Kris Beech. They played together with Brendl in CHL for 2 seasons a years ago...

Last edited:

GK

Not Jeeks
Apr 2, 2010
Banff
Hey guys, I'm a huge HC Litvínov fan, and I'm just wondering if it's possible to see a few games a year over the internet here in Canada. Are there any sites that I could use, and if so, which ones?

Also, I have one Robert Reichel jersey that I got from the Czech Republic but wouldn't mind adding a Viktor Hubl jersey. Is it possible to get one shipped to Canada?

Babula

May 31, 2012
Hey guys, I'm a huge HC Litvínov fan, and I'm just wondering if it's possible to see a few games a year over the internet here in Canada. Are there any sites that I could use, and if so, which ones?

Here is link for streams from Czech extraliga : http://www.tvtipsport.cz/elh/?utm_campaign=tv

I'm not sure if it's available in oversea and i guess there were no stream from Litvinov. If so, you can watch Litvinov as visitors......

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Going to the Czech Republic in February (16th-23rd). Last time I was there (2009), saw a Slavia Praha game. Was disappointed in the atmosphere in the 02 arena. Wondering who people suggest I go see this time? I will be in Prague, but can take the train elsewhere.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Going to the Czech Republic in February (16th-23rd). Last time I was there (2009), saw a Slavia Praha game. Was disappointed in the atmosphere in the 02 arena. Wondering who people suggest I go see this time? I will be in Prague, but can take the train elsewhere.

If you're looking for good atmosphere then Kometa Brno is a best choice. Also, they finished second last year playing pretty good hockey so I would definitely recommend Brno. Pardubice or Plzen is OK too.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
posting this just in case somebody here didn't see that, because I didn't until yesterday :laugh:

FlyingEagle

Apr 7, 2012
Can't wait on today's matchup between Kladno and Prague. Man seeying all that NHL'ers in Extraliga. This is going to be awesome.

Diskothek

Aug 15, 2007
I'll be in Prague from Oct. 8-11th, will there be a game there I can catch? I haven't had much success trying to navigate the Extraliga website.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Sparta needs to hire some NHL players if they want to compete, watching the Plekanec-Jagr-Tlusty magic show is something else. FYI I was cheering for Sparta. :cry:

Nedved Petr

David Tomasek
Oct 27, 2012
Ontario
Definitely want Liberec to win, but it doesn't look like they are doing so well this season. I wish you could view the Czech Extraliga official website in English. Would make following a lot easier.

Arlus

Apr 3, 2014
Europe
Hi,

I would like to know how is this Play Out system seen in Czech Republic? And what shall be the future of Kladno, as they'll end relegated. The same thing could happen with Chomutov.

Thanks

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Hi,

I would like to know how is this Play Out system seen in Czech Republic? And what shall be the future of Kladno, as they'll end relegated. The same thing could happen with Chomutov.

Thanks

Bottom four of the regular season play six extra games between them. After those six games, two teams are saved and two teams have to play a 12 games round robin against the top two teams of the 2nd tier league. The top two teams of that tournament play in Extraliga next season.

Not sure about the future of Kladno, apart that they should play in 1. Liga next season. Maybe a local can tell us if their relegation will have further consequences.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Hi,

Thanks

Too early to tell.

I wouldn't be worried about Chomutov, they have money so they should be back in relegation group next year as top team in 2nd league (if they relegate this season). Kladno is different story, probably major changes when Jagr is back from New Jersey.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Too early to tell.

I wouldn't be worried about Chomutov, they have money so they should be back in relegation group next year as top team in 2nd league (if they relegate this season). Kladno is different story, probably major changes when Jagr is back from New Jersey.

Do you think Kladno's relegation could change Jagr's future plans? Would he play 1. Liga when he leaves the NHL?

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Jagr will definitely be doing another year or two in the NHL. Hopefully Kladno can make it back before then, the question is whether players will start jumping ship, the captain Patera has been a question mark for retirement for a couple of years, Kaberle playing 1.liga could be odd too. It seems the club has been taken quite by surprise not managing to save themselves, which is odd because they've been frankly playing like **** the whole year and in the play-out perhaps even worse, if that's possible (or perhaps more like the other teams are playing to win more).
It's hard to say what role too what role Jagr plans to play with the team, might depend on his health, but there is no guarantee he'll be playing on the ice, might want a coaching role or a business one. What the team could use most is his money to get some better players...

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
It's hard to say what role too what role Jagr plans to play with the team, might depend on his health, but there is no guarantee he'll be playing on the ice, might want a coaching role or a business one. What the team could use most is his money to get some better players...

Judging by last season's attendance numbers, Jagr playing could be a huge boost for Kladno's finances.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Definitely, and he was a huge boost on the ice as well. I'm just imagining depending on how many more years he gives the NHL whether he'll be up to it healthwise. But Nedved and Patera and others are still going strong, so it's conceivable.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Does anyone know where I could get a Zlin jersey that was worn in 04-05 with Bonk on the back? If you have any idea PM me please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad