Experience in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hutchinson?

I'd really like the Jet's to start Hutch in the next game vs Detroit-he's won his last 2 starts, and had a great year in the AHL- he deserves it.

Carp14

Oct 8, 2015
Let's get real dont we need this guy? Tonight well.... was tonight.....WE LOST BECAUSE of goaltending.

Reactions: GNP

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Let's get real dont we need this guy? Tonight well.... was tonight.....WE LOST BECAUSE of goaltending.
We have won lot more because of goaldtending than lost, so no need to panic yet. Every fan should give some slack to Helly, he has been awesome and we all are having bad days at work.

Reactions: Jets 31 and GNP

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Biggest game of the year? Big fail.....next man up please
No this wasn't. Those games are ahead.

Of course we could try Laine.. He has played goalie until 13 y or something. We could play PPs with 6-4 using him as a shooter :laugh::laugh:

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
No this wasn't. Those games are ahead.

Of course we could try Laine.. He has played goalie until 13 y or something. We could play PPs with 6-4 using him as a shooter :laugh::laugh:

Haha.

I'm sure Laine could re-study to the job in rather short time frame, but if that would really happen, it really would be the biggest and most criminal misutilization of any player in the entire hockey history imaginable.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Helly is not the problem and he has been great for us this season. Yes he had an off game, but I fully expect him to soon be lights out again. I'd put Helly right back in on Friday and reinforce he is your man.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Seriously?

Hellebuyck's bad games this season can be counted on the fingers of one hand. How is this supposed problem causing so much outrage?

I think people are more upset than usual because this game was such an important one, so it feels like Helle choked under pressure. I say "feels" because objectively and going with the brain instead of the heart, you're right -- he's been very good this year. So let's wait and see. But I can understand why people are worried that when the pressure comes in the playoffs Helle won't be able to handle it and it'll be a repeat of the Ducks series.

That said, we have an experienced #1 netminder in Mason, assuming his season/career aren't over due to the two concussions. It seems like he's been out almost all season -- is he ever coming back?

I'd be okay with giving Hutch a few more games in the near future. It was my view that Hellebuyck hasn't been that good for a couple weeks and maybe it was because of fatigue/over use? Being ridden a little less hard may be what the doctor ordered.

Reactions: Guffman and GNP

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Biggest game of the year? Big fail.....next man up please
Lol every next game is the biggest gaMe of the year until we make or miss the playoff.
So now Detroit is the next biggest game of the year.

We got a beat down feom the Blues in one of our home game then Jets steam rolled them the last game.

The preds gave it all they had. JETS was in the cruise mode and missing 4 starters.
So im expecting Jets will not let up the next time they meet.

It has been my complain since November Schiefele and Wheeler minutes. Need it manage better.

If Mo wants to deploy Scheifele and Wheeler when game is on the line.

Replace the left wing with perrault or now Stastny for that last 5 minutes stretch.
Even Copp, to protect the lead.

Reactions: Halberdier

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Helly has been awesome all year , come on people , one bad game . Wasn't Helly's last game a shutout ? If Helly plays like last night 5 or more times then there might be a chance to worry but he has been spectacular all season , relax . :scared:

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Say what you want, but I thought Hellebuyck played a good game last night.
What game were you watching?
I will cut slack cause Helly has been playing great all year and the defence was porious in front of him tonite against a really good team
But it’s coming playoff time and have to step up against teams like Nashville

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
What game were you watching?
I will cut slack cause Helly has been playing great all year and the defence was porious in front of him tonite against a really good team
But it’s coming playoff time and have to step up against teams like Nashville

I was at the Preds/Jets game last night, I do know he had six goals against him. I personally saw otherwise he played well, stopped more shots than Rinne.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Seriously?

Hellebuyck's bad games this season can be counted on the fingers of one hand. How is this supposed problem causing so much outrage?

He's starting to let in soft goals more and more over the past month or two. That's a concern going into the playoffs. It's a momentum killer and will really hurt in the playoffs.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Say what you want, but I thought Hellebuyck played a good game last night .

To Head Pickle-whenver a Goaltender let's in 6 shots, and goals right between the pads-he didn't have a good game.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
stock-vector-illustration-of-a-knee-reflex-in-neurology-589861154.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad