Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - USA vs. Canada (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't know who I'm going to root for behind the U.S., though. I like Canada a lot as a country and enjoy spending weekends there in a drunken stripclub stupor, but on the other hand I like an underdog. :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
BartG101 said:
Damn that metric system. Or is it the exchange rate?

Or both? Apparently:

4 goals for/against American=6 goals for/against Canadian.
Then, you take into consideration the differant forms of measurements and it's then 4 goals for Imperial measures=600 goals metric.
Transfer that 600 back, and you get 4 goals for/against!

Or something?!?!?!

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Rob Paxon said:
but on the other hand I like an underdog. :dunno:
Besides Canada, I am really pulling for the Finns. THey have a big undergod feel to them but I think they can do some big time damage.

And they have 3 Flames on the roster.. so I am biased. :)

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Rob Paxon said:
I don't know who I'm going to root for behind the U.S., though. I like Canada a lot as a country and enjoy spending weekends there in a drunken stripclub stupor, but on the other hand I like an underdog. :dunno:

Like Mastodon said, cheer for Finland. Don't have the top end talent of the better teams, but they always work hard and well as a team.

Also, Koivu is there!

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
The Albino said:
I think it was Esche and Conklin in nets. Conklin let in all 3 goals, I believe.

Nice i guess we can assume it a 2 horse race now between Dipi and Esche.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
The Albino said:
TSN has an article up:

http://www.tsn.ca/world_cup_hockey/news_story.asp?ID=96303&hubName=world_cup_hockey

It mentions that the Weight goal was waved off because he interfered with Luongo. I'm not sure if anybody found a reason back in the earlier pages of the thread but I know it was being discusses. I'll have to wait and see the highlights before I can judge for myself what happened.

The announcers stated that as a possibility but also said that Weight was pushed into the goalie by Bouwmeester and thought the Americans got jobbed which was pretty strong coming from Canadian announcers IMO. To me it wasnt make or break in the game, just a bad break really.

NYI

Jul 19, 2004
Hockeyfan02 said:
The announcers stated that as a possibility but also said that Weight was pushed into the goalie by Bouwmeester and thought the Americans got jobbed which was pretty strong coming from Canadian announcers IMO. To me it wasnt make or break in the game, just a bad break really.

canadian announcers on a whole are really unbiased, with the exception of the guy who do leafs games for TSN(not harry neal).

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Rob Paxon said:

lol, between the ages of 18 and 21 i assume?

StevieYdabest

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
SkateLikeTheWind said:
Im getting a kick out of these announcers....anyone know who they are? On the fan 1460.

The Play-by-Play guy is Dean Brown and the Colour Commentator is Gord Wilson. They are the Ottawa radio/tv announcers.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Sure, I was just saying that Dipietro is a Very good goalie and should be your stater instead of Esche (Ducks from USA fans! )

Not if Esche is completely healthy. If Esche is 100% he should get the nod.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
arrbez said:
lol, between the ages of 18 and 21 i assume?

20. But in all honesty, I like the atmosphere in Niagara Falls. The American side is garbage. It isn't like I can't drink in my neck of the woods, but the strip clubs only show breasts. That's no good.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
I haven't heard anything about Iginla.. how is he looking? If he ain't being mentioned it sounds like he's playing "invisible" out there..grrr.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
Rob Paxon said:
20. But in all honesty, I like the atmosphere in Niagara Falls. The American side is garbage. It isn't like I can't drink in my neck of the woods, but the strip clubs only show breasts. That's no good.

yeah, i heard about some crazy rule that if US clubs show anything more than topless, they cant serve alcohol? i cant remember the specifics, but it made very little sense...

back to the hockey game, who were the scratches for the US team? i'll assume hull was one of them, because i dont recall hearing his name once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad