Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - USA vs. Canada (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain jovo

Jan 4, 2004
winnipeg
Visit site
Exhibition means nothing.

Ya Canada lost there "exhibition" game to the U.S. but that means absolutely nothing. Canada didn 't even start there #1 line of Lemieux,Richards, and St. Louis. Broduer only played half the game and had a shutout when they pulled him. Canada will be just fine when the tournament starts and they will be world cup of hockey champions when all is said and done. They are all just trying to create chemistry right now and get the rust out. They will be fine.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
does anyone remember the start of team canada at the 2002 olympics? So.. lets take a big breath and smell the fresh air. :)

Theo / Luongo to split next game. I hope Theo can proove he can maybe have a game if he plays well, Luongo hasnt proved yet he could produce under pressure in a huge professional tournement. (no NHL playoffs experience)

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
We could lose all 3 exhibition games for all I care !! The purpose of these games are to get accustomed to each other and try different things out. If we lose next Tuesday's game in Mtl, then be concerned, until then don't get to excited if we win or lose, the games mean just about nothing !!!!!!!

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Boy the tickets are expensive.. i tought about going to a MTL game but woah, i dont want some crappy ticket but the best are all above 200$ and they go as expensive as 436$ i believe. anyway, I cant wait for the Montreal Game, the support from the fans will be unbelievable.

HellsBells

Nov 6, 2003
PEI
Visit site
They should sit the players that were terrible last night. Well, the ones that were the most terrible I guess.

Gagne - Sakic - Iginla
Richards - Lemieux - St. Louis
Smyth - Lecavalier - Doan
Heatley - Thornton - Marleau
--------------
Maltby - Draper - Morrow (all brutal last night)

Niedermayer - Regehr
Redden - Foote
Hannan - Bouwmeester
-------------
Brewer - Jovanovski (equally as brutal)

Theodore
Brodeur
------
Luongo (couple softies)

4-1 Canada is my prediction.

Canada: Heatley (2), Iginla & Sakic
USA: Tkachuk

joe_shannon_1983*

I predict a 3-2 Canadian win.

Canada had better win, because could you imagine the reaction of some (not all) Canadians if Canada lost to the U.S.A. two times in a row? Can anyone say "panic button"?

Dar

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Someone from the Bruins board posted this: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=99662

Is it true or not?
I don't believe so, it's not on TSN.ca in their headlines or audio, nor NHL.com or sportsnet.ca. In fact Sportsnet still has him listed in their poll as to who's going to be the best Canadian player.

Even if he broke his nail, it would have been reported by now.

Vic Rattlehead*

Dar said:
I don't believe so, it's not on TSN.ca in their headlines or audio, nor NHL.com or sportsnet.ca. In fact Sportsnet still has him listed in their poll as to who's going to be the best Canadian player.

Even if he broke his nail, it would have been reported by now.
I hope so, because it would be horrible for Joe to break his leg.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Yes, there would be some panic. Especially since Canada has done so poorly at the Summer Olympics. Some feel that Canada is cursed.

Hopefully that Thornton rumor is not true.

Vic Rattlehead*

Rob said:
Yes, there would be some panic. Especially since Canada has done so poorly at the Summer Olympics. Some feel that Canada is cursed.

Hopefully that Thornton rumor is not true.
I would think it isn't true because the poster said he heard it from TSN, yet TSN has nothing on their website about it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
19bruins19 said:
I would think it isn't true because the poster said he heard it from TSN, yet TSN has nothing on their website about it.

I hope not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :banghead:

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Canadian_man said:
4-2 loss of Loungo is in net.

2-2 draw if Theodore is in net.

4-2 win if Brodeur is in net.

Just a hunch.

I think it's going to Brodeur and Theodore. I thought I read that Brodeur was splitting the first two games and then would play all of the third.

Can't wait, I'm leaving for Ottawa first thing tomorrow morning. :handclap:
Hopefully they win the next two.

Feb 24, 2004
Bennysflyers16 said:
We could lose all 3 exhibition games for all I care !! The purpose of these games are to get accustomed to each other and try different things out. If we lose next Tuesday's game in Mtl, then be concerned, until then don't get to excited if we win or lose, the games mean just about nothing !!!!!!!

This quote is perfect. I couldn't have put it better myself. Team USA have all had experience playing with each other. Canada's boys, while very talented, have no real experience together with the exception of the Sakic line. Canada will be fine, and as long as we don't lose exhibition games, we'll be fine.

We are in Ottawa tommorow night though. Team USA should wear their Blue and White jerseys because those colours seem to do well at the Corel Centre.

J/k. Anyways, Canada's home crowd will give them a......3-1 win. Yep.

Vic Rattlehead*

If you want to know about Thornton, he's okay! Go to the Bruins board to check.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Crusher20 said:
Luongo hasnt proved yet he could produce under pressure in a huge professional tournement.

Winning back to back gold is not an accomplishment nor any pressure?? Sweden would have probably won if not for Roberto's contributions especially when Sean Burke got injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad