GDT: Exhibition • North America vs. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGreenAlum

May 4, 2007
Is there a boxscore with TOI, shots, etc anywhere? Sorry if it has been mentioned in earlier posts. Thanks.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Loved the game plan from TMac and co.,
Forecheck was relentless, dogged determination,and they were allowed to showcase their imagination,

...and the speed is frightening.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba leading the team in hits and adding in a couple blocked shots too. Was a solid defensive physical presence out there.

Agree. No give-aways for Trouba, either. They'll need a solid, physical presence on their D with the free-wheelers they have at F and D.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Thanks. Interesting to note the TOI

Defence is as expected with the Top 4 evenly spread out. Followed by Trouba and then Ghost.

Who does Parayko replace if they give him a shot in one of these Ex games?

Probably Trouba. I think that would be a mistake. I'd consider playing on LD, or pair him with Jones on LD like they did with Team USA. That left side of the NA D lacks size and strength and could be an issue against the top forwards on good teams.

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Cr4bkioUAAAKB0f.jpg

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
Probably Trouba. I think that would be a mistake. I'd consider playing on LD, or pair him with Jones on LD like they did with Team USA. That left side of the NA D lacks size and strength and could be an issue against the top forwards on good teams.

I would hope Team NA isn't stuck with playing Ghost as their #1PP guy and he's the one removed. Trouba can then be flipped to his opposite side. This team has enough offensive talent to justify keeping out Ghost, IMO.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would hope Team NA isn't stuck with playing Ghost as their #1PP guy and he's the one removed. Trouba can then be flipped to his opposite side. This team has enough offensive talent to justify keeping out Ghost, IMO.

Yeah having to play one of the top producing defensemen in the entire NHL last season on their PP1 would be disastrous!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think it's fair to say Trouba's growth curve offensively has been a bit puzzling. If he doesn't expand his game over the next year and a half or so it's a problem relative to expectations.

In regards to the game tonight I would say most of the NA defenders didn't push the play quite as much as they do on their NHL teams where jumping up into the rush is in more demand. The forwards on NA were so fast and skilled and they owned the slow footed team Europe so there was not much need for the defenders to press and be 4th man in. When I watch Rielly, Jones, Trouba, and Ghost they are not normally as conservative as they were but honestly that was the smart play tonight. Better to ease into it a bit while the forwards are abusing the opposition.

Trouba's point totals are a minor concern but only minor..... in Winnipeg he has been asked to play a D first game with a terrible partner and its limited his raw scoring especially with Buff eating up the first PP minutes. If Jacob moves up to the top pair with Buff this year I expect his scoring totals to correct. I thought like the other D men his game was quite and efficient tonight and he had a physical presence. With how good the forwards played there wasn't much call for playing otherwise.

Either way team NA has 7 good options for defense so we'll see how the coach plays it over the next few weeks.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
im sad i only bet all i had to na23 instead of taking loans and betting them too, this team can go far

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
For someone who didn't watch the game, should I assume that team Europe got destroyed when Kopitar was not on the ice?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
They're probably sitting in the same room.

Ugh I hate team interactions on Twitter. You aren't a person! Imagine if countries did this though... But it's probably just one person using both accounts from a NHL office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad