very likely the D pairings for Team NA are as follows:

Rielly - Ekblad
Murray - Jones
Gostisbehere - Trouba
Parayko

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Don't know what to expect from these two teams but it is going to be interesting to watch.

The end score won't be as interesting to me as watching to see what kind of effort both teams put in, especially Team Europe.

I have to think they are the least motivated team at this thing, maybe they will prove me wrong.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Don't know what to expect from these two teams but it is going to be interesting to watch.

The end score won't be as interesting to me as watching to see what kind of effort both teams put in, especially Team Europe.

I have to think they are the least motivated team at this thing, maybe they will prove me wrong.

I don't think there practice games will tell you anything about motivation, have to wait until the real thing starts for that. As a Leaf fan, I'm looking forward to watching Matthews and as a hockey fan, I'm looking forward to this NA team as a whole!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I don't think there practice games will tell you anything about motivation, have to wait until the real thing starts for that. As a Leaf fan, I'm looking forward to watching Matthews and as a hockey fan, I'm looking forward to this NA team as a whole!

Yeah, you are probably right about that.

The real games will tell us about Team Europes intensity level far better then these pre tournament tilts.

Not sure how big a role Matthews will play on this team but I think his play itself will be fine in whatever manner he is used.

Keram

Jan 16, 2016
Surprisingly. Slovak TV Markiza and Dajto ( same TV corp.) broadcasting even exibition games today :amazed:

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
I can't wait to watch those lines for team NA. A great way to welcome hockey back after a long, nightmarish off-season.

Canuckistani

Mar 15, 2014
Toronto
C'mon Europe! Crush the NA kids and chip away at the team's confidence.

One gimmick is vastly worse than the other.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Very excited. Will be interesting to see how McDavid and Draisaitl have changed in an offseason of training.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Just resting Larkin for the games that matter, kinda how Lundqvist isn't playing for the swedes today.

Resting? Lol. Larkin is 20. Lundqvist is like 35.

Why don't they rest McDavid? He's obv more important to the team. Shouldn't they rest him?

Larkin also isn't on either of the powerplay units. Is it because PPs are very draining? They need to protect him from all the harsh minutes on the PP?

No. It's because they aren't resting Larkin. He's just the worst player of the bunch at the moment.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Resting? Lol. Larkin is 20. Lundqvist is like 35.

Why don't they rest McDavid? He's obv more important to the team. Shouldn't they rest him?

Larkin also isn't on either of the powerplay units. Is it because PPs are very draining? They need to protect him from all the harsh minutes on the PP?

No. It's because they aren't resting Larkin. He's just the worst player of the bunch at the moment.

He's certainly not the worst player. He may be the worst fit ATM but please don't tell me you seriously think Miller is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad