Proposal: Everyone on the Jets must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
PLD trade? Sure the Jets would talk about that, assuming he isn't extending with them.

KC trade? I doubt the Jets even listen to offers, so pass.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Jets give up 2 current top 6 players for Myers, who nobody wants and Hoglander who's currently in the AHL, plus 2 lottery tickets 1 and 2 years out?

Reactions: Buffdog

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'd love to see Ehlers with the Jackets.

Pieces on the table:

Kirill Marchenko
Denton Mateychuk
Yegor Chinakhov
Corson Ceulemans
Cole Sillinger
Jackets 2024 1st
Kings 2023 1st

If they don't draft top 3, they might prioritize trading for a center. And if they can't sign a top 4 LD, they'll need to trade for one. Dillon might be a backup plan. But Ehlers is in that high end category for me, the type you've got to make an offer for.

Doubt Ehlers or KC would even be offered, but if someone blew the Jets away with an amazing offer maybe. OP is talking about trading expiring contracts, expendable guys, PLD who wants to be traded, not guys with term.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Ehlers would have to knock us off our feet to trade but you never know

The 3 main guys I think are PLD/Schief/Helly. I think PLD/Scheif are traded at the draft and I wouldn't be surprised if we ask for a Player with term, a 1st in 2023 and a good prospect. Helly is a wild card I just have no idea what he would return. I think he can turn a teams fortunes around especially if are solid everywhere else. I have to think a few teams would covet him and possibly be able to sign him after. I am curious to see what offers fans would have for him

Reactions: Hunter368

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Buffalo *should* have interest in Hellebuyck in theory, but it would be one of a tightrope of a deal.

I don't have an offer though, because it would be super nuanced to us, and of course the Jets' ask.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I consider Winnipeg a hockey market. They've got stable ownership. They should be able to handle it. The core group has significant value and should fetch them considerable returns to expedite the rebuild/retool.

Agreed, all owners in all sports know rebuilds happen they are like death and taxes, its unavoidable so for anyone to suggest Jets ownership didn't expect (or doesn't have the stomach for) there would be rebuilds in the futures is just being silly. Rebuilds in all markets hurt attendance to some degree and Winnipeg will be no different. Not to mention to your point, while we don't know the structure of ownership & what's the agreed T & C's in that agreement between ownership, on paper (depending on those T & C's mentioned before) at least Jets ownership is one of the richest groups in pro sports. To-date they have run it like a smart business, avoiding losses money wise, keeping or getting rid of bad contracts when it made both business & hockey sense, expanding its business & operations strategically (to further increase its net worth & cash flow), etc, they don't burn money just for the sake of burning money, but spend when it makes sense to spend.

Reactions: BLNY

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
LA will take Lowry off your hands.

Lowry has three years left after this year, not sure if the Jets would trade him at this stage with so much term left, considering the leadership he brings & everything else he brings. Who knows I guess for the right offer maybe but I doubt it.

Reactions: Thechozen1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We are talking about that on our boards right now. Can they? I don't know. Should they? Maybe. It really depends if they can get people too the arena when we are bad
If they sell now while all these players have value it would garner some terrific returns.

Reactions: hn777

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Buffalo *should* have interest in Hellebuyck in theory, but it would be one of a tightrope of a deal.

I don't have an offer though, because it would be super nuanced to us, and of course the Jets' ask.

You guys just went out to get Levi to the team do you want to bring in Helly and sign him for 6 or 7 years after that and block him?

If you do Ill put something out and you tell me if its horrible

2023 1st + Conditional 2024 1st(if he resigns and you can protect this pick) + one of Savoie/Ostlund/Kulich.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If they sell now while all these players have value it would garner some terrific returns.

Agreed, thats why we're talking about it. Jets have two options mainly:

PLD is gone this summer, most know or accepted that.

So the team can go in one of two directions, keep going for it and try to fill the void left by PLD, but that depends on if Helle & Mark extend this summer. If they refuse to sign, I highly doubt the team gambles all on one more year to push for a playoff run and delay/slow a rebuild by multi years by getting nothing from all these players after next year. They either extend this summer or will be traded, its that simple IMO.

The return on PLD, Helle and Mark (not to mention other lesser value players on expiring deals) would be huge and would significantly speed up any rebuild/restructure especially if the Jets retain on one year deals for contenders.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You guys just went out to get Levi to the team do you want to bring in Helly and sign him for 6 or 7 years after that and block him?

If you do Ill put something out and you tell me if its horrible

2023 1st + Conditional 2024 1st(if he resigns and you can protect this pick) + one of Savoie/Ostlund/Kulich.
Yeah, the contract is the key right. Levi is the future and the plan, but not next year when we absolutely need nhl goaltending...

Re:price:

Starts with 2023 1st. No doubt.
1st 2024 OR one of Ostlund/Rosen is probably priece 2.
Piece 3 is we send back UPL.
If there's a piece 4 involved, 2nds/b-prospects come in here.

So I don't think you're incredibly far off, but it wouldn't be quite 1st,1st,Savoie/Kulich. Zero shot of that.

Disclaimer: I don't think Buffalo management goes for it. I'm not sure I do either. But they have a goaltending issue to solve, and they can't play the 'sign someone's backup with 29 NHL games' card again...

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Yeah, the contract is the key right. Levi is the future and the plan, but not next year when we absolutely need nhl goaltending...

So I don't think you're incredibly far off, but it wouldn't be quite 1st,1st,Savoie/Kulich. Zero shot of that.

Disclaimer: I don't think Buffalo management goes for it. I'm not sure I do either. But they have a goaltending issue to solve, and they can't play the 'sign someone's backup with 29 NHL games' card again...

Love to see Sabers lock on their goaltending and suddenly play a bigger role in the East vs some of those big market teams. Love to see that

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don't think the Kings can afford to trade for Hellebuyck, but I wonder if swapping Schmidt for Iafallo+ (for salary cap purposes) would make sense for Winnipeg? Kings have a lot of young players that aren't all going to make the team. Guys like Bjornfot, Grans, Fagemo, Thomas, etc.

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Schmidt - Roy

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
GM has to be the first one go, right?
Hard to say. He seems to be more highly regarded by HF Jets fans than the ones i know personally. I see him as more of a framer than a finisher so he might not be a bad choice to start the process.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
I don't think the Kings can afford to trade for Hellebuyck, but I wonder if swapping Schmidt for Iafallo+ (for salary cap purposes) would make sense for Winnipeg? Kings have a lot of young players that aren't all going to make the team. Guys like Bjornfot, Grans, Fagemo, Thomas, etc.

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Clarke
Schmidt - Roy
I like that idea

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005

I think that there is a deal to be made here so we are not far off from each other

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
Can you imagine the wildfire if jomo was made available while his stock is incredibly high, in a hyperbole what would his value be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad