OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Time for my bi-annual two weeks of hating NBC. Seriously. I hate them. Greedy pigs. Even when you can stream live, they break in with commercials every couple minutes, regardless of what is happening in the event. Could be the end of a run.

That said. They’re slowly getting better. Slowly and I assume reluctantly coming into the 21st century.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
So I screwed around for a month before buying a GPU and discover they've basically all doubled in price. What the hell.

It got nuts for a while there. Some were approaching triple. Crypto needs to die off or AMD/Nvidia need to obnoxiously increase output. I got an RX 480 last year for $220, its worth almost $600 now. If my cpu had integrated graphics, Ryzen r5 1600 so it doesn't, I'd sell it and wait for the market to come down. Given that my pc wouldn't output a video signal without it I can't. RAM is also really high right now as some manufacturers are switching to produce mobile RAM instead of DIMMs. Now isn't the best time to get into PC building unless you've got cash to burn. Pre-builts and gaming laptops look like good deals right about now.

Reactions: Boogernaut

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
u1816g8qtyf01.png

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
it's been awful for 4 or 5 years now, but it became unbearable when Edmonton and Toronto got McDavid and Matthews. If you aren't specifically talking about them, they somehow find a way to give you **** about it.

Even when we post about Kase being one of the best young players some Leafs fans come out and say Kapanen/Leivo/Dermott/etc are way better making Kase not one of the best young players in the league..

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Even when we post about Kase being one of the best young players some Leafs fans come out and say Kapanen/Leivo/Dermott/etc are way better making Kase not one of the best young players in the league..

I'm not even sure they are better, let alone way better.

But then all of their prospects are amazing, from what I hear.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The main boards is insufferable
Yeah it’s really bad. Multiple people defending Buff punching a guy who is defenseless and on the ground, and some saying they wish Greer was put in the hospital.

I though the r/hockey subreddit was bad, but the HF main board is actually full of terrible people.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Just watched Teemu and Jiggy's final lap again. I watch it once or so a year. Every time I think I won't cry,and every time I do. They were my last NHL heroes that were Ducks. I'm older than Getzlaf and Perry and Beauch is up there but not quite a hero. Just seeing those guys in uniform and Teemu having impeccable sense to know we wanted to say goodbye to Jiggy as well, I just can't feel that love for a player anymore,for some reason. Those guys were it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad