TBN: Evander Kane sex offense investigation case closed: No Charges [Mod Warning Post 30]

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
For my own 2 cents I think quiet is probably bad. If the investigation was going no where you'd likely hear about it from Kanes lawyers or people, like how with Pat Kanes case was a joke and we heard about it right away when investigators were having difficulty

Maybe they learned from Patty's case to keep this **** under wraps.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Ugh...Hamburg PD had no control over private citizens or lawyers spewing information to news media. Buffalo PD has no control over this either, it just so happens that in E Kane's case there aren't any such people looking for attention...yet.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
but that doesnt exactly tell us if its bad or good now does it.

It's not even worth speculating about until we hear something.

It's really not worth speculating even when facts do come out. Just let the legal system play out.

Last edited:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
nope it doesn't, but it is not about us. This is exactly how it should play out, outside of public purview and the fact that it is, means nothing.

But, but, but, fans want to know everything and they want to hear it ASAP.

Just look at people speculating about the ROR situation after the first few times things were pended and moved out.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
he just snapchated a pic of somehwere tropical. so i guess he is on the beach in a foreign country. are you generally allowed to leave the country during a rape case? good sign?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
he just snapchated a pic of somehwere tropical. so i guess he is on the beach in a foreign country. are you generally allowed to leave the country during a rape case? good sign?

Are people not charged of a crime allowed to live normal lives? Is that the question?

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

Means nothing. You can travel while under investigation. He hasn't been charged.

Mark717

Mar 10, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Oddly enough he thought to post his speed while driving (or riding) and if i'm not mistaken it was in MPH and was above 90. Granted, from what i've heard it's easy to fabricate the speed on the app. Still an odd move nonetheless.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

Whether the woman or the hospital triggered the investigation shouldn't matter, at least in the court of public opinion. Either way the right thing to do is to investigate for a possible sexual assault. It's likely to be a weak case and not go anywhere, but there's possibly/probably a huge problem in all of this that hasn't been discussed yet.

Whether it's a weak or strong case, or whether there was a rape at all, if this woman had rohypnol in her system how did that happen?!? People (especially women) generally don't take rohypnol on purpose, and even if they did they wouldn't be taking it first and then going to meet someone at a hotel/bar, and still be able to function. If...IF...she had rohypnol in her system odds are pretty high that Kane had something to do with that, or some knowledge of that. Unless some other dude at the hotel spiked her drink but she went off with Kane instead...but that's a little unlikely.

Anyway, I'm much less interested in the veracity of a rape case and much more concerned about if/how she was drugged. It likely won't have legal implications, but it could sure as hell implicate Kane as a top notch creep.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Well, Tox is still out, according to Graham.

Since it could show nothing unexpected just as easily - or more so - as showing rohypnol or some other substance, why don't you save your hands from wearing out from all the hand wringing and just wait for the toxicology report before posting highly speculative and questionable scenarios?

:popcorn:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Well, Tox is still out, according to Graham.

Since it could show nothing unexpected just as easily - or more so - as showing rohypnol or some other substance, why don't you save your hands from wearing out from all the hand wringing and just wait for the toxicology report before posting highly speculative and questionable scenarios?

:popcorn:

I've posted maybe 3 or 4 times in this thread, and two of those posts weren't even about Kane, so I'll let you know if I ever get close to wearing my hands out over it. Also, it's far from speculating a questionable scenario that she was drugged, when she told the hospital how she couldn't remember anything. Getting smashed on alcohol could contribute, but the amount it would take to erase your memory would be enough to prevent you from getting up and to a hospital in the time frame she got there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I've posted maybe 3 or 4 times in this thread, and two of those posts weren't even about Kane, so I'll let you know if I ever get close to wearing my hands out over it. Also, it's far from speculating a questionable scenario that she was drugged, when she told the hospital how she couldn't remember anything. Getting smashed on alcohol could contribute, but the amount it would take to erase your memory would be enough to prevent you from getting up and to a hospital in the time frame she got there.

You just made that up.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Do we know what the timeframe was from when she was with Kane and when she went to the hospital?

I know plenty of people who have gotten Blackout drunk and didn't remember anything the following morning.

Tyler2829

Jun 20, 2009
Rochester, NY
Do we know what the timeframe was from when she was with Kane and when she went to the hospital?

I know plenty of people who have gotten Blackout drunk and didn't remember anything the following morning.

Hamilton was on with Schopp this afternoon and said he had heard the investigation wasn't going anywhere because the woman's injuries weren't from Kane, but possibly another individual after.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/113233899/2-15-schopp-and-the-bulldog-hour-2-seg-1-feat-paul-hamilton.htm?pageid=28473

Around the 7:30 mark...

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
What Hamilton noted today in that aforementioned interview: "It's appearing that the [ongoing sexual assault] investigation is not going to go anywhere. Some of the things I'm hearing is that they're finding out the injuries were not caused by him and could've been caused by another individual at a later time. It doesn't seem like that's going to go anywhere."

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You'd have to since it doesn't seem to be readily available to you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad