Value of: Evander Kane in Free Agency

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I watched the game last night and he was far from impressive.

But are you actually suggesting that his 7 games with the Sharks should negate the previous ~8 seasons of his career?
No but this is really the only time he’s had a supporting cast around him. He’s been passing better. He hasn’t been shooting from everywhere. He’s been more of a team player. Also I didn’t get a chance to watch last night but a player scoring 4 goals is very impressive. Especially when you consider that he was injured too.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If you didn't watch then I could understand why you would think it was impressive but he did zero to create those goals.

3 were god awful plays by Mike Smith and the 4th was created by the Shark that passed it.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
He will get at least $6M x 5 yrs because stupidity in UFA bidding is as sure as death and taxes.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
No but this is really the only time he’s had a supporting cast around him. He’s been passing better. He hasn’t been shooting from everywhere. He’s been more of a team player. Also I didn’t get a chance to watch last night but a player scoring 4 goals is very impressive. Especially when you consider that he was injured too.

San Jose is certainly in a better position than are the Canucks.

Feb 24, 2017
Guy goes to Vegas one time and posts a pic. DESTINED TO BE A GOLDEN KNIGHT.

I guess most of the people here over the age of 20 are future golden knights.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
It depends on what JVR gets as he'll be the fall back scenario for the 1s that miss out.
His contract depends on the rest of SJ's season & playoffs (?).
I expect him to be a late summer signing to see if he can keep his nose clean this off season.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
It's really hilarious to see people (mostly salty Winnipeg fans) discredit Kane in every possible way. He had a problem in Winnipeg years ago, in Buffalo he had nothing major at all. Like man some of these posters are delusional. I'm not claiming he's a god but he is certainly an asset to any team with really strong leadership.
Other than assault charges in Buffalo. Here those are considered major.
& do you really believe that the Sabres have a stronger leadership group than the 1 in Wpg. that got EK traded?

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
Other than assault charges in Buffalo. Here those are considered major.
& do you really believe that the Sabres have a stronger leadership group than the 1 in Wpg. that got EK traded?
Not defending him on the charges, but sorry that is separate from locker room issues or on ice performance, leaving out the fact that he was never found guilty anyways. No I'm not saying Buffalo has better leadership I was clearly directing the leadership part of my statement to the sharks. I agree he was spoiled and immature with the jets, but he didn't have that problem with the team in Buffalo. Again I don't condone assault (if he did it, which I agree there's a solid chance he did), but I'm talking locker room issues.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
He did it, there is video evidence of him grabbing a woman by the throat in a bar... [mod]
Either way man my point was that is separate from locker room issues. I'm not saying I love the guy. I'm talking in terms of usefulness to the team. Literally people on here saying he is a bad player. Like come on that's just delusional. Like I said I'm not even going to try to defend the charges, but that doesn't make him a locker room issue as it stands. He hasn't had a significant type of that issue since Winnipeg.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
I think Kane would re-sign with the Sharks and not command huge $$.. He wants to win.
3yr/15 mil is what Id expect. If the Sharks are indeed going after Tavares, he wont get much more than that from Doug Wilson. Kane would get paid after his 3-year stint should he produce. Still be under 30 at that point.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Guy goes to Vegas one time and posts a pic. DESTINED TO BE A GOLDEN KNIGHT.

I guess most of the people here over the age of 20 are future golden knights.

he lives in Vegas, iirc. Has a penthouse on the strip. The stupid pictures he took should have had zero bearing on anything, but alas, its Evander Kane so it was the worst thing in the world.

I'm glad he s doing well. He ate a lot of shit he didn't deserve, he ate some he did deserve as well but far more than he should have.

Feb 24, 2017
he lives in Vegas, iirc. Has a penthouse on the strip. The stupid pictures he took should have had zero bearing on anything, but alas, its Evander Kane so it was the worst thing in the world.

I'm glad he s doing well. He ate a lot of **** he didn't deserve, he ate some he did deserve as well but far more than he should have.
I didn’t know that he lived there.

With the Canucks not scoring a goal in March yet, and Kane firing 4 the other day, do you think Linden had to confiscate benning’s phone and laptop to avoid epic benning tampering?

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
He did it, there is video evidence of him grabbing a woman by the throat in a bar... [mod]

please provide this video evidence, id love to see it. Charges werent dropped, he took a plea to basically being a nuisance because the team wanted it out of the media cycle. He was charged with trespassing because a bouncer tried to remove him from a club he was being paid to be at. The owner backed Kanes right to be there 100%, but keep pushing the narrative.

I really want to see this video everyone has apparently seen.

terrible dee

Oct 1, 2017
Good F'ing GOD!

Is this NIGHTMARE scenario of Evander Kane coming to Vancouver being threatened again?!?!

After all the mistakes this management group have made, THIS is the mistake I have always said would be unforgivable.

I will not cheer for follow or sink one single dime into any team that is paying Evander Kane's salary.

He is not immature, he is not a "substance" abuser who is acting poorly against his will, a guy who wants to be better but can't.

Evander Kane is a bad human being, it's who and what he is, he just showed it again the other day.

Sure, people can change, but Evander Kane has shown no inclination that he wants to be anything other than he is.

And what he is is a deplorable human being, I will NOT take ANY part in rewarding a person like that, nor can I overlook what it means when someone else does, because what it means is: THEY DON'T CARE.

Linden, you were my hero as a kid and Jimbo, even though I believe you are incompetent I've never thought you were a bad human being....

..But if you guys sign Evander Kane, I stop following the Canucks...PERIOD

And ask yourselves this...Do you think I'm the only one who feels that way? And BTW I could care less if he scores 50 goals and the Canucks win the cup, some things are more important than the success of a hockey team.

What you feed in this world grows.

If you guys feed the Evander Kane's of this world millions of dollars, not a dime of that money will be mine.

And I will stop following the Canucks, for the first time in decades....DONE,

And I won't be back until Evander Kane and EVERYONE how brought him here is GONE, that includes the owner.

You've made a ton of cataclysmic mistakes......but don't make this one, not even success on the ice will repair the damage it will do.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
please provide this video evidence, id love to see it. Charges werent dropped, he took a plea to basically being a nuisance because the team wanted it out of the media cycle. He was charged with trespassing because a bouncer tried to remove him from a club he was being paid to be at. The owner backed Kanes right to be there 100%, but keep pushing the narrative.

I really want to see this video everyone has apparently seen.
According to Buffalo News, there is video showing Kane allegedly pulling a woman’s hair and grabbing her throat.

Sabres’ Evander Kane arrested in connection with disturbing alleged bar incident

Because this story has been covered by multiple credible media outlets, the user's post which you quoted can stand. But I would much prefer if we move on from this sub-topic.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
Evander Kane is right now scoring a lot in game of ice hockey. There's no point debating how he scores in other areas of life. If Evander Kane continues scoring over PPG rest of the season, I sense he could earn more than five million dollars per season for many years.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Good F'ing GOD!

Is this NIGHTMARE scenario of Evander Kane coming to Vancouver being threatened again?!?!

After all the mistakes this management group have made, THIS is the mistake I have always said would be unforgivable.

I will not cheer for follow or sink one single dime into any team that is paying Evander Kane's salary.

He is not immature, he is not a "substance" abuser who is acting poorly against his will, a guy who wants to be better but can't.

Evander Kane is a bad human being, it's who and what he is, he just showed it again the other day.

Sure, people can change, but Evander Kane has shown no inclination that he wants to be anything other than he is.

And what he is is a deplorable human being, I will NOT take ANY part in rewarding a person like that, nor can I overlook what it means when someone else does, because what it means is: THEY DON'T CARE.

Linden, you were my hero as a kid and Jimbo, even though I believe you are incompetent I've never thought you were a bad human being....

..But if you guys sign Evander Kane, I stop following the Canucks...PERIOD

And ask yourselves this...Do you think I'm the only one who feels that way? And BTW I could care less if he scores 50 goals and the Canucks win the cup, some things are more important than the success of a hockey team.

What you feed in this world grows.

If you guys feed the Evander Kane's of this world millions of dollars, not a dime of that money will be mine.

And I will stop following the Canucks, for the first time in decades....DONE,

And I won't be back until Evander Kane and EVERYONE how brought him here is GONE, that includes the owner.

You've made a ton of cataclysmic mistakes......but don't make this one, not even success on the ice will repair the damage it will do.

lol did Evander Kane sleep with your wife or something? this seems a bit dramatic.

Anyways, Evander Kane plays a hard north south game, is physical, can shoot the puck and can drive his own line.

I think he'll get anywhere from 4.5-6.5m

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
lol did Evander Kane sleep with your wife or something? this seems a bit dramatic.

Anyways, Evander Kane plays a hard north south game, is physical, can shoot the puck and can drive his own line.

I think he'll get anywhere from 4.5-6.5m

It's Evander Kane. There's lots of reasons to not like the guy, but lots to like him, too.

And I agree with your last sentence- but it will be Kane's decision to make, based on how much he wants to win, versus how much he want's to CashCell.

Reactions: nickdawg95

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Either way man my point was that is separate from locker room issues. I'm not saying I love the guy. I'm talking in terms of usefulness to the team. Literally people on here saying he is a bad player. Like come on that's just delusional. Like I said I'm not even going to try to defend the charges, but that doesn't make him a locker room issue as it stands. He hasn't had a significant type of that issue since Winnipeg.
He's not a bad player. But if you say there were never any locker room issues you are wrong. He had a teammate this year call him selfish. He clearly had issues in the locker room in WPG. It's great that he's been such a model citizen in the 3 weeks he's been with you. You guys should definitely resign him for 7 years. I'm sure there won't be any issues on or off the ice. Go for it.

Ronnie Residue

Burns is daddy.
Feb 15, 2015
On, Canada
He's not a bad player. But if you say there were never any locker room issues you are wrong. He had a teammate this year call him selfish. He clearly had issues in the locker room in WPG. It's great that he's been such a model citizen in the 3 weeks he's been with you. You guys should definitely resign him for 7 years. I'm sure there won't be any issues on or off the ice. Go for it.
Getting called selfish reflects worse on the player calling him out personally that's not how you handle things. Burns can be pretty selfish on the ice but we don't have players calling him out on it. Also, I've already stated that I'm aware he had locker room issues in Winnipeg so don't know why you're bringing that up. Cool it with the dramatics bud I never said I'd be happy with a 7 year deal lol.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Getting called selfish reflects worse on the player calling him out personally that's not how you handle things. Burns can be pretty selfish on the ice but we don't have players calling him out on it. Also, I've already stated that I'm aware he had locker room issues in Winnipeg so don't know why you're bringing that up. Cool it with the dramatics bud I never said I'd be happy with a 7 year deal lol.
No it really doesn't. If a teammate calls another player, to his face, selfish there's a reason for it. And yes, telling someone directly man to man is how you handle things. Sorry if that's not how you do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad