Value of: Evander Kane in Free Agency

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
He isn't a consistent 20-30 goal scorer either. He is an inconsistent 20 something goal scorer

:whaaa?:

He's averaging 26.4 goals per 82 games over his career, 28.6 goals per 82 games since the Trashers have moved to Winnipeg.

What is your definition of a consistent 20-30 goal scorer (more like a 25-30 goal scorer in this case) ?

What about an inconsistent 20 goal scorer ?

You might not like the guy, but that's no reason to fabricate facts.

Reactions: Canucks1096

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
:whaaa?:

He's averaging 26.4 goals per 82 games over his career, 28.6 goals per 82 games since the Trashers have moved to Winnipeg.

What is your definition of a consistent 20-30 goal scorer (more like a 25-30 goal scorer in this case) ?

What about an inconsistent 20 goal scorer ?

You might not like the guy, but that's no reason to fabricate facts.

I said that he isn't consistent and I said that he is a 20 something goal scorer.

The first 25 or so games this year he was scoring at a great pace. He then scored almost nothing for 25-30 games. That is the pattern of his scoring - inconsistent.

He has scored 30 goals in a season precisely once. He has scored < 20 goals in 4 seasons (not counting the lockout season). He has scored 20 or more in 3 seasons, the last 3. So I called him a 20 something goal scorer. What part of my statements was inaccurate, or fabricated, or even the slightest bit misleading?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He painted you in a corner with your mishandling of facts, so you're :surrender

No, the only mishandling of facts is your friend refusing to acknowledged Kane's multiple off ice issues in Buffalo and pretending they never happened. To continue to preach Kane's time in Buffalo was incident free (as he has done) is disingenuous at best. That's not dealing in reality.

Last edited:

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
If the Sharks don't get Tavares, I have no problems keeping Kane. To me, it's more likely that it was just an issue between Kane and the Jets and their locker room rather than purely Kane and his immaturity alone. If it was Kane and Kane only, something else would've come up in Buffalo and it didn't. Chances are he grew up enough to be able to function as needed in an NHL locker room now. Shouldn't surprise anyone for someone his age.
But it did come up in Buffalo.

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Not that he is some saint or anything but the amount of hate Kane gets does not really seem to match up with what he has done.

Seems like another victim of playing hockey while black...

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Not that he is some saint or anything but the amount of hate Kane gets does not really seem to match up with what he has done.

Seems like another victim of playing hockey while black...
I call BS. After E Kane said that to a SJ reporter most of the black football players (many now make their home in Wpg.) fot the local CFL team said they had never encountered any problems.
Black, white, red or Asian when you are a jerk expect to be treated like 1.
He's only been in SJ a short while & unlike Canadian cities hockey players aren't recognized on the street, in bars or restaurants so nobody really cares if they spot him.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I call BS. After E Kane said that to a SJ reporter most of the black football players (many now make their home in Wpg.) fot the local CFL team said they had never encountered any problems.
Black, white, red or Asian when you are a jerk expect to be treated like 1.
He's only been in SJ a short while & unlike Canadian cities hockey players aren't recognized on the street, in bars or restaurants so nobody really cares if they spot him.

I am talking specifically about this board.

Not everyone mind you. You don't have to want him on your team but it's pretty hard to argue that he isn't a good hockey player.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
I am talking specifically about this board.

Not everyone mind you. You don't have to want him on your team but it's pretty hard to argue that he isn't a good hockey player.
If/when healthy & if/when he cares hr can be very good. Watching him in Wpg. for 3 & 1/2 seasons he was just frustrating.
In the shortened year he was playing for a contract so by co-incidence stayed healthy & played well.
In 2014-15 with the Jets shooting for teir 1st playoff spot as Jets 2.0 he casually strolled into the dressing room in the now infamous tracksuit & announced he was having elective surgery that would end his season. Key word is elective as those are not required now.
That seemed to be the final straw & luckily Chevy was able to trade him & the oft injured Bogo for 2 players that wanted to play & 3 pieces for the future. The Sabres welcomed adding injured players as they expected to go deep in their dive for McDavid.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
He's a solid middle of the lineup player. His past will limit his potential suitors a bit. But talent is talent he will still get paid 4 or 5 mil.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
If/when healthy & if/when he cares hr can be very good. Watching him in Wpg. for 3 & 1/2 seasons he was just frustrating.
In the shortened year he was playing for a contract so by co-incidence stayed healthy & played well.
In 2014-15 with the Jets shooting for teir 1st playoff spot as Jets 2.0 he casually strolled into the dressing room in the now infamous tracksuit & announced he was having elective surgery that would end his season. Key word is elective as those are not required now.
That seemed to be the final straw & luckily Chevy was able to trade him & the oft injured Bogo for 2 players that wanted to play & 3 pieces for the future. The Sabres welcomed adding injured players as they expected to go deep in their dive for McDavid.

Are you suggesting he gets hurt on purpose in non-contract years? Secondly, I will admit I did not see Kane much before he played for Buffalo but caring was never a problem during his time here. He was actually the ONLY player on the roster who came out and gave 100% every shift and every night. Despite a lack of hockey IQ his motor is always running.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Sharks fans should be pretty happy about that deal. They fleeced Buffalo, and got an impact player for next to nothing, only costing something if they win a cup or keep the impact player long term. Sign me up for that kind of deal every deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad