Tribute Eugene Melnyk has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Damn, you could tell he didn't look well in recent appearances, but I didn't expect him to pass so soon. 62 is very young.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I can’t believe it. Very sad. Never got an opportunity to rebuild his relationship with the fans. I would like to think he wanted to see everything through from here to Lebreton. All the best to his family and friends.

Ralph Malfredsson

PhD in indiscreet street haggling
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2008
RIP. I admired early Eugene Melnyk as a pharma entrepreneur. He also brought light to our team by purchasing it an providing stable ownership. Very sad.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Regardless of what happened in some of the more recent years, the Sens would very likely not be here in Ottawa today without Eugene. RIP to a man gone too soon

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Terrible news for him and his family, my condolences. Thank you for saving the sens and giving us great hockey moments.

Fill up the barn for Euge this weekend. Let’s get it done!

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
RIP Eugene.
His passion was unmatched by most, and he was always good for a quip and laugh; his shots at the Habs/Leafs and other foibles were unforgettable.
Thank you for saving our franchise, may the Barbados sun shine on you always.

Reactions: Cosmix

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have heard rumours, I have tried to not criticize him directly in the last little while on any ownership related conversations, but this is still shocking and tragic. He died young. R.I.P. Eugene. Thanks for saving this team from bankruptcy and equipping the team to challenge for it in 2007.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Eugene Melnyk, I may have not always liked your business style but you saved our Senators, we will always remember you for that and your passion to win. You were a fighter and taken to young. God bless your family and sincere condolences for your family!

Reactions: Carl Karlsson

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Guy rushes to make a video about Euge and has ads playing in it. Some people are sick.
1648524173076.jpeg

Reactions: SquidNasty

kaws

Apr 10, 2010
Rest in peace, Mr. Melnyk. Thank you for all your efforts in keeping the team here in Ottawa.

Reactions: Cosmix

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Sad to hear. 62 is far to young. He was obviously passionate about the Senators like all of us. It is a real shame the team was never able to win a cup for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad