Tribute Eugene Melnyk has passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
Wow. The depth of his illness was really kept hidden. RIP.

I guess we'll see if he was truly vindictive towards the fans, and left the team to the Gliebermanns.....Hopefully a little humour isn't out of place at this time of shock.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
So is the state of the team in flux, or will it just pass to his daughter until/unless she decides to sell it?

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Oh wow. I didn't think he looked too well at some of his more recent public appearances, but I'm still shocked.

RIP

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
Sad news

On a personal note does anyone know how to change my username. Not here to disrespect him.

ThreeMs

Oct 21, 2013
Ottawa
I met Rod Bryden's wife a number of years ago and I asked her to pass along my sincere thanks and gratitude for his efforts to save this team.
I feel the same way about Eugene Melnyk, he saved our beloved Senators and for that, I will always be grateful.
RIP and my sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
I won't even touch on the hockey aspect.

He passed way too young at 62 and I can only imagine how hard it would be on his family.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yeah that was a rather insensitive thing to say, I apologize for the harshness of it.

Obviously the greater concern is for his friends and loved ones, and for all the flak he's taken he did save this franchise so he has my gratitude for that.
You're a good person for admitting and apologizing and moving on. Good on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad