Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread III - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I wouldn't mind that...Stars then trade a signed Karlsson to Tampa for Brayden Point and a cap dump or 2...yes please

Fat chance we end up with Point. I'd be happy with a cap dump like Callahan or Palat (plus more, obviously), giving the Bolts room for Karlsson and giving Dallas some depth on the wings.

Reactions: Kcb12345

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The carousel continues to spin. I still think he ends up in TB when it’s all said and done. Yzermans only challenge is that he’s given everyone including the beer venders NTCs
Is that the price SY pays to get a more favourable cap hit? Canucks under the Gillis and Gilman era were known for that. When Gillis was terminated, the Canucks had 10 ntc contracts.
Sedins, kesler, bieksa, hamhuis, edler, burrows, garrison, Hansen, Higgins. A couple of them were mntc but still quite a lot.

And not likely guys with full ntc would want to leave Tb.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Wouldn't it be ****ing legendary if Dorion finally flips Karlsson to Dallas, only for the Stars to immediately turn and trade him to Tampa for a package of wingers and picks?

Oh man, now I want that to happen. :laugh:

Well the only problem I see with that is if EK still doesn't want to re-sign. You kind of put yourself in the same spot Ottawa is in now. Although better because he would at least be on your roster now than there.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Think at this point the Karlsson watch is making people go a little crazy (add in that it’s summer with nothing else hockey related to talk about). I’d love to have him on the Stars, even without an extension. I just don’t us being able to put together a package that can beat the rest of the teams.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I’m struggling to understand why NJ woukd take on all that money without anything better than Tyler Johnson coming back

Reactions: Jerzey Devil

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Think at this point the Karlsson watch is making people go a little crazy (add in that it’s summer with nothing else hockey related to talk about). I’d love to have him on the Stars, even without an extension. I just don’t us being able to put together a package that can beat the rest of the teams.

Well I think OTT will probably look to that option soon. If not soon then definitely the trade deadline. Dont see Ottawa just letting him walk for nothing.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Doubt Stralman waives for Ottawa. Plus NJ needs more if they are taking on those two contracts.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
giphy.gif

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Well I think OTT will probably look to that option soon. If not soon then definitely the trade deadline. Dont see Ottawa just letting him walk for nothing.

Hopefully for our sanity sake they trade him well before then. Can’t imagine what a distraction it would be to the team knowing your captain and best player wants out.

Reactions: CupsOverCash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad