Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread III - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Still hoping the flyers sneak in and get him somehow. Fantasy I know but since he hasn’t been traded there always hope!

fingerscrossed.png

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I would rather Dallas sign Panarin than EK. We need secondary scoring and yes EK would provide that but Panarin would provide the same, cost less and not cost Heiskanen in a return.
But...but....Leafs want one of your RHD's

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
The carousel continues to spin. I still think he ends up in TB when it’s all said and done. Yzermans only challenge is that he’s given everyone including the beer venders NTCs
And Dorian might prefer to move him out of the division.
upload_2018-7-11_13-22-37.jpeg

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Tampa in: Erik Karlsson, John Quenneville

Tampa out: Sergachev, Johnson, Stralman, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, Callahan, Coburn

Ottawa in: Mikhael Sergachev, Anton Stralman, 2020 1st round pick (Tampa), 2020 2nd round pick (Tampa), Brayden Coburn

Ottawa out: Karlsson, Ryan (retained), Pageau

New Jersey in: Tyler Johnson, JG Pageau, Ryan Callahan, Bobby Ryan (@ 1.75 mil retained, 5.5 cap hit)

New Jersey out: Quenneville

Tampa gets their guy. Clears cap space in order to sign Karlsson long term. Loses Johnson at the expense of Callahan. Loses Sergachev Stralman and 1st go to Ottawa for EK. Core of Hedman Stamkos Karlsson Kucherov McDonagh Point Vasilevsky for years to come. Unreal.

Ottawa gets future first pairing D in Sergachev. as well as a 1st and 2nd round pick. Lose JGP at the expense of shedding most of Ryan contract, as well as a bit of a lesser return for EK since Ryan had to be packaged. Stralman can be flipped for more assets

New Jersey takes on a ton of money. Ownership would have to be fully on board or this doesn't happen. They receive Johnson for taking on Callahan, and receive JGP as compensation for taking on Bobby Ryan at 1.75 retained. Due to the insane amount of money being added, New Jersey would likely have to immediately flip JGP for draft picks or in a package for a LHD, or flip Ryan at more money retained for draft picks or something cheaper.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Dorion's screwed. Who's going to trade for Karlsson without an extension signed?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
New Jersey would probably want Foote from Tampa. Or Ottawa whichever one

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
And Dorian might prefer to move him out of the division.
View attachment 129553

This is where I stand on it. I dont think Dorian has any interest in trading him in the division. Also if Karlsson doesnt want to extend right now, its better for a team like TB to move on. At some point you think you are in it only to drive up price. Why TB? Because there has been a known mutual interest between EK and TB and OTT is smart by using TB as a team to use to drive up price from a west team. Question then becomes is a west team willing to trade for him if he isnt willing to re-sign yet.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
This is where I stand on it. I dont think Dorian has any interest in trading him in the division. Also if Karlsson doesnt want to extend right now, its better for a team like TB to move on. At some point you think you are in it only to drive up price. Why TB? Because there has been a known mutual interest between EK and TB and OTT is smart by using TB as a team to use to drive up price from a west team. Question then becomes is a west team willing to trade for him if he isnt willing to re-sign yet.

Wouldn't it be ****ing legendary if Dorion finally flips Karlsson to Dallas, only for the Stars to immediately turn and trade him to Tampa for a package of wingers and picks?

Oh man, now I want that to happen. :laugh:

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Bobby Ryan at 5.5 million is actually pretty decent value for a guy who’s just about a .5 PPG player.

If NJ retains 1.5 million from that, they can probably find a team that would be interested in Ryan for 4 million a year. Bobby Ryan is not a bad player. The problem is that he is making about double the amount as he should be

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
New Jersey is no way taking both Callahan and Ryan and if they do they should flip Bobby Ryan to a team that is willing to give up a LHD. I don't mind taking Johnson and Pageau they could be good for the devils no doubt but a defensemen has to be involved for the devils.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Wouldn't it be ****ing legendary if Dorion finally flips Karlsson to Dallas, only for the Stars to immediately turn and trade him to Tampa for a package of wingers and picks?

Oh man, now I want that to happen. :laugh:

I wouldn't mind that...Stars then trade a signed Karlsson to Tampa for Brayden Point and a cap dump or 2...yes please

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Bend over NJ more? Amazing how Tampa just assumes every team is willing to help make them unstoppable while barely if at all making their team better, but 100% hurting their cap for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad