Rumor: Erik Karlsson Mega Thread III - All rumors/speculation/proposals go here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is going to get dragged out for the whole summer.
Yup. Weird that Ottawa isnt unnecessarily trading the best player in franchise history at the first couple crappy offers when they have his rights for the next full season.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
swanson-half-ass.gif

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
HEY GUYS! Lightningfan102650 comin atcha LMFAO!

sO the latest rumors are that Teh Yzerman says that contrary to reports they're like totally inaccurate and stuff. Leads me to think Ottawa is just dogging us around a little bit. But stay tuned! I are serious Lightning fan and will be on those r00mers faster than a so called "insider"

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Gotta think GMs start looking for other options soon. No guarantee that Karlsson is going to be traded anytime soon. Also sounds like theres no guarantee that he will re-sign with said team. So I dont know how this gets resolved anytime soon.

Reactions: DFC

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
You made me go back and think of the number of awesome players Ottawa has drafted, developed, and sent away while those players were still at the top of their games. It's a pretty impressive list.

At least they kept Alfredson for majority of his career. Hated but respected him so much lol.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I'd perfer Yzerman just make his final offer and then move on. I'd like to see him make an addition up front if EK isn't an option. Maybe someone with a year left on their deal, but get them for the whole season and then look at EK in the offseason if he's interested in coming to TB.

I don't care how confidant Yzerman might be that he signs here, if he isn't willing to do a sign and trade, you just don't deal with it. Too risky to give up the kind of assets he will likely command with no guarantee he's on your team next year.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta think GMs start looking for other options soon. No guarantee that Karlsson is going to be traded anytime soon. Also sounds like theres no guarantee that he will re-sign with said team. So I dont know how this gets resolved anytime soon.

Agreed. There are cottages calling. Sooner or later we'll hear Yzerman's talking with Carolina.

Whenever one team drops out of the race, it's good news for the other two, because it's hard to imagine Karlsson's price won't have to go down at that point. I mean, Dorion can stick to his guns, but we're heading to a point where Karlsson will begin to lose value every day, because his value is only what the highest bidder is willing to offer. Sooner or later that's gonna go down rather than up.

Yzerman, for instance, is gonna have to improve his roster at some point. He can't risk that by waiting on Dorion/Melnyk all summer.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'd perfer Yzerman just make his final offer and then move on. I'd like to see him make an addition up front if EK isn't an option. Maybe someone with a year left on their deal, but get them for the whole season and then look at EK in the offseason if he's interested in coming to TB.

I don't care how confidant Yzerman might be that he signs here, if he isn't willing to do a sign and trade, you just don't deal with it. Too risky to give up the kind of assets he will likely command with no guarantee he's on your team next year.

Wayne Simmonds. Although it would be pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad