Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Trading Hoffman might be a necessity due to dollars anyway: he scores goals and people love goal scorers. If we can trade him for futures (in the even that we have to clear salary for Karl/Stone/Duchene) then I'm all for it.

I like Hoffman but if he was European people would hate him: the guy is soft most of the time, takes the stupidest retaliation penalties at terrible times, is not very good defensively and is as hot and cold as they come.

Great goal scorer and can be a game breaker so if we trade him for futures then we are worse off in the short term but if it's him or Karlsson, it's an easy choice.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I know what you are saying, but serious question, do you have a wife?
“Sorry but trading your best goal scorer because his wife allegedly doesn't get along with another player's wife is ridiculous. They're forced to be in the same room together like what, once a year at the Sens foundation telethon?”
@Lewler
No, the spouses spend close time together much more often than once a year.

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
The wives all sit in the same section, every game, 40 games per year. There are numerous team events and other gatherings. I'm sure accommodations can be made to avoid each other short-term - they already have - but it isn't sustainable. And it's a big enough issue that it can't not impact the players relationship too, which is obviously a bigger problem.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Oh, come on. Any workplace with 3 or more people will likely have some personalities that can't get along. Players wives/girlfriends being in different cliques or having spats is just part of being on a team.

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
The wives all sit in the same section, every game, 40 games per year. There are numerous team events and other gatherings. I'm sure accommodations can be made to avoid each other short-term - they already have - but it isn't sustainable. And it's a big enough issue that it can't not impact the players relationship too, which is obviously a bigger problem.
How do you know this?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

You should write a script

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Commonplace in the NHL at every home rink with all the Wives/GF's.

They aren't buying tickets, there are seats/sections set aside by the team for them.

CBA requires the team to set aside 2 complimentary tickets and 2 available for purchase for each player on the home team. Tickets are supposed to be in the "next to the highest price" and in no event be "located above the lowest bowl in the arena"

So, yeah, I imagine they all sit together on most teams.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not an exact quote, it's on tsn 1200, but along the lines of "look I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but he's going to look at a lot of things, he's going to look at the state of the team. I've asked him and he won't tell me, but would I be surprised if he left? No."
Yep our owner needs to start doing instead of talking....Being a budget team while having a 10+ mil per year superstar just doesnt jive..If he leaves no one here will be too surprised as to why

Reactions: Bean Drown

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yep our owner needs to start doing instead of talking....Being a budget team while having a 10+ mil per year superstar just doesnt jive..If he leaves no one here will be too surprised as to why
“My dream is to win a Cup but I can’t keep up with the rest of the league.”

Already prepared for the dark ages.

Reactions: topshelf15

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not an exact quote, it's on tsn 1200, but along the lines of "look I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but he's going to look at a lot of things, he's going to look at the state of the team. I've asked him and he won't tell me, but would I be surprised if he left? No."

If he looks at the state of the team .. we are foobared

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
“My dream is to win a Cup but I can’t keep up with the rest of the league.”

Already prepared for the dark ages.
Yep they had better get a huge haul for him,or else the already frothing at the mouth fans...Will make me rich when I set up my pitchfork and torch kiosk at the CTC

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Yep they had better get a huge haul for him,or else the already frothing at the mouth fans...Will make me rich when I set up my pitchfork and torch kiosk at the CTC
It’s not even the return I’m concerned most about, it’s what it means for this franchise for the next decade. Are we just going to be a revolving door of ELC’s and players who take hometown discounts? Are we going to throw all our draft picks away so other teams can retain salaries?

The f*** needs to get out and fast.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
It’s not even the return I’m concerned most about, it’s what it means for this franchise for the next decade. Are we just going to be a revolving door of ELC’s and players who take hometown discounts? Are we going to throw all our draft picks away so other teams can retain salaries?

The **** needs to get out and fast.
EM will eventually be gone as the owner,hopefully sooner than later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad