Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
What we do with Karlsson will be the top story of the off-season for us. Personally, I think we keep him. We realize his worth to this team is much more than anything he'd get in a trade. We'll end up signing him long-term in the off-season is my prediction and hope right now.

meh, even if melnyk stopped being cheap and paid karlsson what he was worth, i dont know why karlsson would want to come back.

why spend another 8 years wasting your career when you could be making the playoffs and going deep every year.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
meh, even if melnyk stopped being cheap and paid karlsson what he was worth, i dont know why karlsson would want to come back.

why spend another 8 years wasting your career when you could be making the playoffs and going deep every year.

His wife is from Ottawa.
He just bought a house in Ottawa.
He’s about to have his first child.
He’s loved by everyone in Ottawa. A celebrity in every way.

There’s 4 reasons. Now if he’s being lowballed in contract talks and the team ships away all the best players, those 4 reasons are probably outweighed. But if everything goes « normally », it shouldn’t be too hard to re-sign our beautiful Captain. Sail us to the promise land, Erik.

Reactions: coladin

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
His wife is from Ottawa.
He just bought a house in Ottawa.
He’s about to have his first child.
He’s loved by everyone in Ottawa. A celebrity in every way.

There’s 4 reasons. Now if he’s being lowballed in contract talks and the team ships away all the best players, those 4 reasons are probably outweighed. But if everything goes « normally », it shouldn’t be too hard to re-sign our beautiful Captain. Sail us to the promise land, Erik.

An organisation/management that clearly doesn't respect its players.

A delusional boss, who called you out in the middle of the game over an unpaid uber fare in the presence of your colleagues.

Continuously watching your friends be traded or let go to save money.

It's not like if he decides to leave Ottawa that he will be banished. He could live in NY/LA/Florida play with elite players and summer in Ottawa.

i mean those are decent reasons. but i dont really think they outweigh the shit that is the senators org

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

A delusional boss, who called you out in the middle of the game over an unpaid uber fare in the presence of your colleagues.

It's not like if he decides to leave Ottawa that he will be banished. He could live in NY/LA/Florida play with elite players and summer in Ottawa.

i mean those are decent reasons. but i dont really think they outweigh the **** that is the senators org
I think the uber story was fabicrated

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

i mean those are decent reasons. but i dont really think they outweigh the **** that is the senators org

LOL uber story is all about drinking the koolaid.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The quiet time now is making Sens fans hopeful that Karlsson and the Sens mend any fences that need mending and come together to agree on a contract... Things will heat up again and rumors and speculation will run rampant leading up to the draft. Dorion won't be shopping him but will be taking all calls and negotiating a return he could live with. The magnitude of the loss of Erik Karlsson to the Senators cannot be overstated. A lot of things going on with this organization that I dislike right now.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Maybe if his equipment was cleaned once in a while.......
Maybe he had some of this stuff
Buck Stop Skunk Scent
1010_2048x2048.png

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
well it just speaks to the character of the org when we even think of such a story as being remotely plausible.

So true! I just spilt my drink, and it just totally speaks to the character of this organization that I was even remotely able to be so clumsy.

If only EM/PD were more thrifty with our picks and prospects, and more spendy with our hard spent money, I wouldn't be sitting here with a wet shirt...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This image says a lot. Starting to believe the hype now. :popcorn:

You can read more about this on the #bardown feed.

Not looking too good.

This is like when people said McDavid was bummed out to go to Edmonton.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

is this is how you feel about the organization....why don't you move on? serious question. why do you remain a fan? post on these boards?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
well it just speaks to the character of the org when we even think of such a story as being remotely plausible.

I disagree completely.

There's a group of guys here that grabbed a hold of that and ran with it as another reason to crap on the organization. Some of what this group posts isn' remotely plausible.

when you want to like or dislike something you'll find reasons easier to find. As per my above post, seems you want to dislike and your reasons are many. I ask again why do you stay?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
There's a group of guys here that grabbed a hold of that and ran with it as another reason to crap on the organization. Some of what this group posts isn' remotely plausible.

The fact that HFBoards "Melnyk Army" believe that this is solely the opinion of fans here in HFBoards just really goes to show you how out of touch you really are.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
is this is how you feel about the organization....why don't you move on? serious question. why do you remain a fan? post on these boards?

I think he likes the team but not the owner or management.

He's likely been a fan before this owner/management and after this owner/management.

Do you honestly suggest he pick another team, and then come back when the team is run by different people because you don't like his criticism?

So because you're bothered, he needs to keep flipping favourite teams when management or ownership changes? That's very entitled and not how it works in the real world.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I disagree completely.

when you want to like or dislike something you'll find reasons easier to find. As per my above post, seems you want to dislike and your reasons are many. I ask again why do you stay?
Why would anyone want to dislike management?

Reactions: Variable26

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The fact that HFBoards "Melnyk Army" believe that this is solely the opinion of fans here in HFBoards just really goes to show you how out of touch you really are.

That's like me saying:

This team is clearly crappy and the fans are clearly negative but all you wanna do is be positive...maybe you should go cheer for a good team because you don't fit in with our thinking.

That's essentially the argument youre making.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
People wake up hoping this is the day they hate management lmao yeah no.

It's just a natural process that occurs. It's like people who say "want to believe" lol belief isn't a matter of preference or choice. It's either there or it isn't. It's a matter of if you were convinced or not.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I'm not even sure why people keep arguing with a small group of people whose mentality regarding the team is "Management is good, management is great". They simply won't budge an inch even as the team slowly devolves into a joke.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I disagree completely.

Dude, the face of the franchise left twice (the story of the second time doesn't sound pretty), the CEO left, the owner has former employees suing him. There's a lot of shit that surrounds the organization.

Melnyk is toxic, the organisation is toxic as a result. It's the reality of the situation.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

No, it speaks to the character of people who actually believe the Owner of a NHL team, travels with the team on a road trip, and then, comes down to the locker room between periods, and reams out the Captain of that team over an Uber ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad