Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread | Part IV | Foot Surgery Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
oh-please.gif

That's the face I make when I realize that such an asinine scenario is plausible when it comes to Melnyk.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That's like me saying:

This team is clearly crappy and the fans are clearly negative but all you wanna do is be positive...maybe you should go cheer for a good team because you don't fit in with our thinking.

That's essentially the argument youre making.

Nope, the argument I am making is exactly what I said, no need to put words in my mouth.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
No, it speaks to the character of people who actually believe the Owner of a NHL team, travels with the team on a road trip, and then, comes down to the locker room between periods, and reams out the Captain of that team over an Uber ride.
Yea I'd believe you if it was any other owner except for Melnyk.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Specifically, the claim alleges Melnyk “at times used profanity and levelled insults at executive team members, including constantly calling into question their competency. Mr. Melnyk sent abusive emails to the executive team and frequently threatened to dismiss them.”

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
This is all hilarious in a tremendously sad way.

I mean there isn't any reasonable doubt. Anyone who is connected to the team in a meaningful way know that there is a rift between Karlsson and Melnyk.

It's like an open "secret". Social media likes, follows, posts, interviews where ex players say how f***rd up it is in Sens org , etc.

At this point we believe that we have red flag indications from:

Turris family.
Cyril Leeder
Peter O'Leary
Anderson family
Marc Methot
D-rock Brassard
Bob Mackenzie / Elliott Friedman
Alfredsson
Karlsson himself

Are any of these catastrophic blowup smoking guns ? No.

Can you attack a bunch of them as being jilted ex employees ? Sure.. but as you look at the list you start go .. uhhhh...

Reactions: Deku and Bean Drown

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
Does someone have the Uber story? i haven't seen the tweet ( i went back 4 pages) generally curious and want a good laugh today

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
An organisation/management that clearly doesn't respect its players.

A delusional boss, who called you out in the middle of the game over an unpaid uber fare in the presence of your colleagues.

Continuously watching your friends be traded or let go to save money.

It's not like if he decides to leave Ottawa that he will be banished. He could live in NY/LA/Florida play with elite players and summer in Ottawa.

i mean those are decent reasons. but i dont really think they outweigh the **** that is the senators org

Boy, sounds like someone is crying in the clubhouse. Overblown and nice for you to tap into the players "sensitive side", but in the NHL trades happen. You make these players sound like a bunch of wussies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm not even sure why people keep arguing with a small group of people whose mentality regarding the team is "Management is good, management is great". They simply won't budge an inch even as the team slowly devolves into a joke.

No one has said that. Your hatred clouds your judgement along with the rest of militants, erm, fans here lately.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
No one has said that. Your hatred clouds your judgement along with the rest of militants, erm, fans here lately.

Please focus your attention to the product on the ice.

Isn't that something you have said numerous times but continue to contradict yourself?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think he likes the team but not the owner or management.

He's likely been a fan before this owner/management and after this owner/management.

Do you honestly suggest he pick another team, and then come back when the team is run by different people because you don't like his criticism?

So because you're bothered, he needs to keep flipping favourite teams when management or ownership changes? That's very entitled and not how it works in the real world.

no I don't think that at all. it has NOTHING to do with what I think of the team or its ownership. it has to do with what HE thinks.

Nothing wrong with moving on in life hen you vehemently disagree with something.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
The fact that HFBoards "Melnyk Army" believe that this is solely the opinion of fans here in HFBoards just really goes to show you how out of touch you really are.

I'm not part of anyone's army....don't refer to me as such. I've been critical of mgmt where I deem it's warranted

There is a group here that grabbed the uber story and ran with it as yet another dart to throw. or did I misinterpret that?

guys posting stuff that isn't remotely plausible...you don't think that's true? Mendes called you out on it. or did I misinterpret his post on that?

Reactions: coladin

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Boy, sounds like someone is crying in the clubhouse. Overblown and nice for you to tap into the players "sensitive side", but in the NHL trades happen. You make these players sound like a bunch of wussies.

I will add, that, the weekend of the trade deadline, EK was crapping his pants, he did not want to go anywhere. This "stand off" was the billionaire flexing his muscle to the little whee millionaire. The big guy wanted to make it very clear that in the real world, EVERYBODY is expendable. Presidents, Prime Ministers CEO, you name it, everyone is replaceable to a certain degree. You people need to realise that in the real world, there are bigger than life poker games, not like what most people on this forum think., EK was extremely concerned and worried.....ask me how I know. :)

Reactions: coladin

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I will add, that, the weekend of the trade deadline, EK was crapping his pants, he did not want to go anywhere. This "stand off" was the billionaire flexing his muscle to the little whee millionaire. The big guy wanted to make it very clear that in the real world, EVERYBODY is expendable. Presidents, Prime Ministers CEO, you name it, everyone is replaceable to a certain degree. You people need to realise that in the real world, there are bigger than life poker games, not like what most people on this forum think., EK was extremely concerned and worried.....ask me how I know. :)
Ok, How do you know? As you obviously would like to share your connection...

Thanks for sharing with us shadow dwellers what the real world is like :laugh:

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

...and actions like that have a way of backfiring. Screwing around with a guy still recovering from injury and awaiting the birth of his first child creates a TON of resentment. If what you're saying is true, a max contract won't keep Erik here after being disrespected like that.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
This is getting ridiculous now

The worst that can happen is that Erik Karlsson gets traded this summer.

You guys know that life will go on after he gets traded right?

And by the way, i hate TSN and Sportsnet they suck!!! They only time they give the Sens coverage its always something negative.

Where was that coverage last season when we went the ECF?

Reactions: DJB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->