Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I don't think you're being harsh enough on Karlsson.

I mean, I remember watching him play an entire 2nd period once without getting a point. Until he starts scoring in every single period, he'll never win a Stanley Cup, which as we all know is the pinnacle of putting one's own statistical gain and individual success ahead of one's team in all of sports.

Damn ****ing 4th forward.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sadly, Ottawa doesn't have any elite offensive players, not even on the prospect level.

Imagine the kind of damage he would do in for instance Dallas, Chicago, Tampa, Pittsburgh, St Louis or Anaheim.

Will never have the money to bring in the best free agents either....damn Melnyk.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Sadly, Ottawa doesn't have any elite offensive players, not even on the prospect level.

Imagine the kind of damage he would do in for instance Dallas, Chicago, Tampa, Pittsburgh, St Louis or Anaheim.

Will never have the money to bring in the best free agents either....damn Melnyk.

We should trade him to St. Louis. For Steen.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
200w.gif

Ttracer*

Stone and Turris are both elite. There's a reason Ottawa is good every year, even if our offense is lacking we make up for it.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Lol, Stone and Karlsson are elite. Stone and Karlsson both can score 80. Karlsson even more.

That's on par with Dallas who have 2 80+ point guys, STL too even though they don't.

Zibanejad can be 60-70 point star, perhaps Ryan again too who I believe should for sure once team gets better and him too. Hoffman can break out and become star producer.

Have faith, guys, lols.

BigBush*

Could be the best Dman in the league and win multiple Norris' one day

BigBush*

Karlsson wouldn't score more on a team with more stars, because he would't have the puck as much.
I understand the logic, but not sure I agree with it.

That certainitly didn't happen on Team Sweden

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011

When was the last time an elite offensive star made it to free agency? Parise maybe?

Most of the team's you mentioned have only 1 truly elite offensive guy anyways. Could we ask how great Stamkos would look if he had Karlsson on his blue line?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Karlsson wouldn't score more on a team with more stars, because he would't have the puck as much.

He scored more on a team with Spezza and Alfredsson.

The Powerplay likely gets a boost with more star players too.

But most importantly, as a Dman, he'll continue to be the first touch on most plays, unless the additional star players are other offensive Dmen, I don't see that changing.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He scored more on a team with Spezza and Alfredsson.

The Powerplay likely gets a boost with more star players too.

But most importantly, as a Dman, he'll continue to be the first touch on most plays, unless the additional star players are other offensive Dmen, I don't see that changing.

So Paul Coffey would have scored more on a team with less stars?

Don't think so. Karlsson would get more assists for one. Likely get set up more for two. Make the PP count more for three.

If you play with better players you should score more ... that's it.

... has cathedral been mentioned?

Ttracer*

And how the heck is Stone elite offensively?

He's the best scorer on a winning team, balanced scoring is our only option. If anyone gets hurt we can just slot in the next guy.

If Crosby and Malkin get hurt Pittsburgh might as well stay home and play checkers.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I do wonder what Karlsson could do on a team like the Stars, Pens or even the Bolts.

He puts up 60+ points as of now, but just imagine how many points he can get on these teams with great offense.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I do wonder what Karlsson could do on a team like the Stars, Pens or even the Bolts.

He puts up 60+ points as of now, but just imagine how many points he can get on these teams with great offense.

He'd be phenomenal on those teams except maybe Dallas where everyone would rag on him for a likely sub par +/-.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Daniel Norris was traded for David Price in baseball.

Erik Norris remains north of the border.

Othello*

Although Methot is a great partner for Karlsson I think he'll be even better with a two way dman as his partner who can also put up points.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Although Methot is a great partner for Karlsson I think he'll be even better with a two way dman as his partner who can also put up points.

It's funny, when you look around at most of the other top defenseman in the league they almost all play with another guy who could be a #1D. Doughty is probably one of the few that doesn't have a better partner than Karlsson.

Subban - Markov
Keith - Seabrook
Weber - Josi
Bouwmeester - Pietrangelo

BigBush*

It's funny, when you look around at most of the other top defenseman in the league they almost all play with another guy who could be a #1D. Doughty is probably one of the few that doesn't have a better partner than Karlsson.

Subban - Markov
Keith - Seabrook
Weber - Josi

Hasn't Doughtys main partner been Muzzin over the last several years?

This year they got away from that pairing and they didn't do so well.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Subban - Markov
Keith - Seabrook
Weber - Josi

Ive been saying this for years.

Also, Doughty plays with Muzzin who has spectacular puck possession numbers and people believe is a legit number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad