Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread: He mad

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0sh

Jul 12, 2015
LOOL you take that and you sprint in the opposite direction.

Mcdavid won't completely control the game at both sides of the rink for over half the game. We would lose that trade unless we had amazing defensive depth.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
His disappearing act in the playoffs is wearing thin. He proved he has great stamina, and scoring abilities. Currently he's a top 10 player imo if he wins something other than "highest scoring D" that will put him over the top

:facepalm:

Best player on the ice this year during the Habs series. 12 points in his last 16 playoff games (with 10 of thoise played on one leg). 6 points in 6 games as a rookie, Stanley Cup newcomer.

Yup, nowhere to be found in the playoffs. Dear Alfie, where do these people come from?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Age will set in and he will lose some of his speed, while gaining more experience and defensive prowess.

Will never spend any of his elite years with a good enough supporting cast to reach crazy amounts of points, but I guess ppg is possible.

Rufio65*

Age will set in and he will lose some of his speed, while gaining more experience and defensive prowess.

Will never spend any of his elite years with a good enough supporting cast to reach crazy amounts of points, but I guess ppg is possible.

age will set in? hes 25 years old. I don't think you have to worry about one of the fastest skaters in the game slowing down anytime soon due to age.

Ttracer*

:facepalm:

Best player on the ice this year during the Habs series. 12 points in his last 16 playoff games (with 10 of thoise played on one leg). 6 points in 6 games as a rookie, Stanley Cup newcomer.

Yup, nowhere to be found in the playoffs. Dear Alfie, where do these people come from?

I spent most of the playoffs breaking things. When you lose to Montreal its easy not to look at karlssons corsi stats. Of course king k didn't go full Houdini like Ryan, but he wasn't exactly MVP out there. Carey looked like the best player on the ice tbh

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Hopefully we could get a late first for him in a few years. That would be best case scenario for me because drafting wins championships

BigBush*

I spent most of the playoffs breaking things. When you lose to Montreal its easy not to look at karlssons corsi stats. Of course king k didn't go full Houdini like Ryan, but he wasn't exactly MVP out there. Carey looked like the best player on the ice tbh

I thought he was the MVP in the playoffs

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Whatever he wants it to be. Erik has the natural talent and the skill to basically set his own ceiling, and from what we know of him, I'd suggest that he sets it pretty damn high.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
A Hart, Conn Smythe, Norris and Cup all in one year is Karlsson's ceiling, imo. including a potential 100 point season.

A Hart could happen next year or at least contention for it.

I actually think the opposite is possible, that as the team & specifically the defence gets better his ice time could go down & others could have their ice time increase. It's hard right now for another right shot defencemen on this team to get any PP time because EK plays almost the whole two mins of the PP. What if Wideman, for example, turns out to be a pretty good PP quarterback, does he split the PP with Karlsson or does Karlsson continue to play the whole two minutes which he likes to do? Sure they could play on the PP together but one would be on his off side & DC tends to play guys in their natural positions. Plus that may also give Wiercioch & maybe Ceci some much needed PP time.

If the rest of the team is playing well including the defence I would think that the coach would want to spread the ice time around to keep all of the players a little fresher for the entire game including overtime. Less minutes for Karlsson especially on the PP could mean less pts but the team would be better all around which is what I would prefer. A better team that can go further in the playoffs & challenge for the cup.

I have no idea what you're saying, bud. Did you compare Wideman's importance to Karlsson or even him getting in the way? I don't think there's another single defender we could have that would prevent Karlsson from not playing the full 2 minutes almost all the time, they'd just play their off-position or Karlsson would.

And even if we distribute the minutes, like they did with Erik in Olympics, he'll still lead league and be the best and be seen as even better. I have no idea what you're talking about.

100 points elite at both ends of the ice 30 min a night monster, but he can't reach that on the sens.

Agreed. this is his peak, imo. And it will be with the Sens, give it time.

Are you kidding me? LOL Price was no where NEAR best player on the ice, LOL. The guy looked shaky a lot and no where near his peak until last game where he looked excellent but we even scored. Anderson outplayed him.

Karlsson was our MVP and prolly MVP of entire series, no doubt unless you bring Anderson's short stint into it.

The Waffler

Registered Offender
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Cool-Nice-and-Innovative-Ceiling-Murals-with-Beautiful-Blue-Sky-Motif.jpg

:dunno:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
His disappearing act in the playoffs is wearing thin. He proved he has great stamina, and scoring abilities. Currently he's a top 10 player imo if he wins something other than "highest scoring D" that will put him over the top

Others have pointed out he has played well, which is true. He's also never gone into a playoff series on s favored team, which is most challenging to a teams best players.

BigBush*

Others have pointed out he has played well, which is true. He's also never gone into a playoff series on s favored team, which is most challenging to a teams best players.

Interesting point.

The last thing I'd be worried about is Karlsson in the playoffs

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
sky's the limit for this guy. I expect him to become a consistent 65-70 point a season defenseman.

His last 3 seasons were 78, 74, 66 so I think thats a pretty safe bet.

I'm looking forward to him cracking 80 if not even higher.
I think 3 on 3 OT might give him a little boost.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
His last 3 seasons were 78, 74, 66 so I think thats a pretty safe bet.

I'm looking forward to him cracking 80 if not even higher.
I think 3 on 3 OT might give him a little boost.

3 on 3 is going to be awesome with Karlsson. Not sure who else I would play with him.

Karlsson - Turris - Stone maybe

Stone isn't the best skater but he reads plays so well and is probably our best defensive forward and possibly best offensive forward too.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Pssst... Just to let you know, Karlsson had some of his best all-around games of his career this year vs the habs in the playoffs.

0 points in the final deciding game, had an impact game prior and was very uneven throughout. He needs to be better, much much better if he wants to win a Stanley Cup.

His ceiling is to win the Norris a few more times, but at this point he needs to elevate in the playoffs and carry the team on his back on a deep run, just getting points in the regular season is not sufficient anymore. Needs an Alfie year like in 2007 when he realised the playoffs were the final evaluating ground for a player.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I've seen all the best defenseman play. All the elites. I watched them as rookies to when they retired. Karlsson is one of them. I guarantee you, barring any serious injuries, if Karlsson continues to play the way he has, and maybe improve a little bit more, he will go down as one of the all time greats. But we need to get him a cup for that.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
0 points in the final deciding game, had an impact game prior and was very uneven throughout. He needs to be better, much much better if he wants to win a Stanley Cup.

His ceiling is to win the Norris a few more times, but at this point he needs to elevate in the playoffs and carry the team on his back on a deep run, just getting points in the regular season is not sufficient anymore. Needs an Alfie year like in 2007 when he realised the playoffs were the final evaluating ground for a player.

Lol, Alfie had a much better team in 07, give it time man.

I don't know what your problem with Karlsson is, but he has been more than fine in the playoffs.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

I don't think you're being harsh enough on Karlsson.

I mean, I remember watching him play an entire 2nd period once without getting a point. Until he starts scoring in every single period, he'll never win a Stanley Cup, which as we all know is the pinnacle of putting one's own statistical gain and individual success ahead of one's team in all of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad