Player Discussion Erik Karlsson Discussion Thread - He Gets All the Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
They should let the players vote this award.

Then you'd get the same result. This whole result is due to the narrative that Doughty is the best all around dmen, while Karlsson is great offensively, but bad defensively. If the media believes this nonsense, the players will probably believe it too.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Then you'd get the same result. This whole result is due to the narrative that Doughty is the best all around dmen, while Karlsson is great offensively, but bad defensively. If the media believes this nonsense, the players will probably believe it too.

Who finished higher in Lindsey voting?

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
This is BS. If EK was from London like Doughty, or anywhere else in the GTA, he'd of won it.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Now that it is done.. I'm thinking it isn't a bad thing that DD won.. he had a very very good year, probably his best.

Karlsson was just under him ( in the votes ) while having his best offensive season but being average in his zone. We all know he can be better in his zone, he was in 2014-2015 during the streak. He can be a 2 way monster if he get his head in the game. When it count, Karlsson become a monster.

Now, We all know Karlsson has room to grow, cuz we saw him being better on D, and we now know he can be PPG offensive D. Imagine guys.. he's second while having an average year on the D side. What will it be next year when he's going to be even more ready on both side. Karlsson is going to be on a mission.

Plus, it would be odd for Karlsson, if he had won the award. He said at the end of the year, he was disappointed by his year.. What's the message he would have get.. Now the message was clear. His offensive year was so good, he was second. If he get a little more focus on D, he's going to win again and again. EK knows about that.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Satisfied Drew, and Dean? You can stop being desperate campaigning ***** from now on.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Boy, did EK get robbed or what. Don't get me wrong, Doughty deserved it too if I'm being perfectly honest since he had a great season...Karlsson just deserved it a lot more.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I'm amazed at how so many are making a big deal out of this.

We all knew it was coming.

I don't think many people saw it coming tbh, my fb feed (admittedly and sadly mostly all sens fans) were all *****ing about the outcome. Even my friends who I was watching it with, both habs fans, were also surprised Doughty won it.

Doughty can join Subban in the asterisk club.

:shakehead

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's just more evidence that media personalities and writers in hockey are total morons who deserve no respect. Teams of monkeys could write better stuff and come off as more knowledgeable.

You can't be too upset. I'd rather not be the darling of a bunch of people who don't understand hockey despite writing and covering it for decades.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Why would they? Doughty campaigned very hard for this through the media and the media vote on the award.

The fact it took campaigning makes it a bigger joke...let the coaches and GMs vote on this award.

EK had an exceptional season, clearly the media didn't see it...I'm sure as hell the coaches who had to build their gameplan around Karlsson noticed though.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Not making the playoffs is what killed Karlsson chances, not Doughty's crying.

I'm still impressed that the fact that the Norris has never gone to a player who's team missed the playoffs was brought up as often as it was.

Lidstrom is the best dman to have ever played, the hockey world's narcissistic obsession with tradition/history is pathetic.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I hadn't heard that. Is that true??

It is true, no one has ever won the Norris without making playoffs.

Not sure why it matters but it was constantly brought up in the media when they were doing one of their "debate" segments.

Curious why no one ever asked "how often does a player pull of a season we haven't seen in 30 years andd still miss the playoffs" but that would hurt the Due Doughty narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad