Erie Otters 2015-16 Season Thread (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Erie is in the playoffs? How did that happen? I'm guessing that they gave a crap a couple of months ago. Making excuses for their poor play is hilarious. Bad refs, sickness, injuries or team leaders who don't lead are all the same things that all teams deal with. Eries captains need to step up and quit playing beer league hockey. Erie is a tough barn to play in on a good day, tonight is going to be rocking and will be bad if the boys don't play their best. I think I will wear my blinders tonight and blame someone else.

IF Erie had a night off Thursday, last night would have been a little different, no excuse, FACT. Was great to see them pull off a third goal without giving one up on the empty net. I keep telling myself they are just playing the way they want to play and want to keep it interesting until the end. It's going to be deafening tonight.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Sissy pants compared to Herring & he didn't start junior with Knoblauch.

Brian Hamm? Not a thug, just a good old enforcer that made the little kids smile. :handclap:

Macdermid unfortunately was the product of huge size. Half of his "hits" weren't even him launching or leaving his skates. Just him being huge and strong. I think with Knoblauch he was pretty controlled.
Strome was totally engaged with. Doesn't make it right but if you call the sucker punch on macdonald then maybe things are different. When calls aren't made then players getting ticked and take matters to their own hand. I'm sure Strome had enough and when he was also given a bit of cheap shot he said "I'm not letting this happen" since the refs don't want to grab the instigator then I'll protect myself. I personally have no problem with it given the situations before hand. I don't condone it though and Strome should avoid getting into that but you know I can legit see him doing that as a way of sticking up for Hopkins who couldn't after cheap shot to his face. The refs allow this to happen. They don't make calls that should be made and tensions are created. I'm sure Knoblauch said to calm it tonight but also guarantee he sees the stuff fans are seeing. He knows. And if the refs aren't making the calls what do you want? To just sit around and take some shots?
I also want to point out that Fernandes and Scheig said the macdonald hit was super cheap. And just a terrible non call/non suspension. That's saying something because both, especially fernandes are extremely objective and unlike most don't blame refs or league. When they think it, then it must have truly got their attention. I know it got mine

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Not comparing Mac to some of the guys in the past, just saying he played under Knoblauch for nearly two full seasons, and was still a pretty dirty player.

Erie really needs to ignore any crap teams try to push on them. Retaliating is only going to get you in penalty trouble.

One thing I definitely look for tonight is special teams. It lost them the game last night.

knowthegame

Jan 15, 2013
The spear to Marner from Marchment was the turning point in the game. Hopefully tonight Erie's captains lead and aren't detrimental to the outcome of the game. London is a good team and really needs no reason to be provoked. If Erie just gets back to playing the basics and stop the fancy bs they're unstoppable. Bad habits are hard to break.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Not comparing Mac to some of the guys in the past, just saying he played under Knoblauch for nearly two full seasons, and was still a pretty dirty player.

Erie really needs to ignore any crap teams try to push on them. Retaliating is only going to get you in penalty trouble.

One thing I definitely look for tonight is special teams. It lost them the game last night.
Lost it for them back the last time they played here in Erie vs London. Have to win that battle. And have to get a bigger lead than 1. If they expanded their lead to 2 last night it's probably over, they win

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Agreed. The team that initiates the action as opposed to retaliating should be in good shape to win.

Enjoy the game for all those heading down to see live, or on TV.
Should be a blood crowd to start.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Agreed. The team that initiates the action as opposed to retaliating should be in good shape to win.

Enjoy the game for all those heading down to see live, or on TV.
Should be a blood crowd to start.

Will be fun. Glad I got my tickets in advance. Hoping for a good game

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but if the Otters 1st round series goes to a 5th game...it won't be at the EIA due to an arena conflict.

Victor Fernandes of the ETN notes, however, that First Niagara Center in Buffalo will step in to host game 5 Sat., April 2nd at 3pm-whether it's against Saginaw or Owen Sound; we'll know who soon.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Thanks to all London fans for the congrats
Wow. Fun game. I really think Erie vs London in conference finals will go 6-7 games and be a hell of a time.
Just tremendous for the fans. 2 straight years before they fell short. And the year when we didn't expect it of all years is exciting. First overall for first time since 2001. Proud of the team and really had a gut feeling they would win it. Used that SSM of 2014 philosophy. Force everything to the outside. They played well but London is such a talent. And to think it's one of the youngest is scary.
Good luck in playoffs London. Hope we see you because it will be fun. Hope we don't because well I prefer to avoid heart attacks

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thanks to all London fans for the congrats
Wow. Fun game. I really think Erie vs London in conference finals will go 6-7 games and be a hell of a time.
Just tremendous for the fans. 2 straight years before they fell short. And the year when we didn't expect it of all years is exciting. First overall for first time since 2001. Proud of the team and really had a gut feeling they would win it. Used that SSM of 2014 philosophy. Force everything to the outside. They played well but London is such a talent. And to think it's one of the youngest is scary.
Good luck in playoffs London. Hope we see you because it will be fun. Hope we don't because well I prefer to avoid heart attacks

Is there any better hockey on this planet than this? I'd rather watch an Erie/London playoff game than attend any NHL game. Not bad for $20-$25.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Is there any better hockey on this planet than this? I'd rather watch an Erie/London playoff game than attend any NHL game. Not bad for $20-$25.

None. Wish it was readily available on tv. If they want to grow the league, OHL has to make it happen somehow.

Congrats to both teams. Great regular season.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Well congrats to the Otters it was a couple of great games with both teams going for it. Not much to pick out of them. Besides London will have home ice back after the first round......:laugh::laugh: Good Luck would be great to see you again, like maybe next year after we have the Memorial Cup under wraps?

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Western Conference

1. Erie Otters 52-15-1-0 105 points

[look down]

:bb: [keep going]

:dm: [a little further]

3. London Knights 51-14-2-1 105 points

:sarcasm:

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I can't imagine that The 5th game would go to Buffalo. Someone has to redo something so that the game doesn't go to Buffalo.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
I can't imagine that The 5th game would go to Buffalo. Someone has to redo something so that the game doesn't go to Buffalo.

Unfortunately I think there is a high school wrestling state tournament and Bayhawks affecting early part of series next week.
I believe 3 days straight the ice will be occupied. Nothing else they can do and probably had the option to do a 2-3-2 series. But they picked this. At least it is Saturday at 3pm which would make it more convenient. I'm not a fan of it but the arena is being used and that's what happens when it's a big local multipurpose event center. . Hopefully Erie sweeps so it doesn't matter

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
I believe that the wrestling tournament is possibly Junior Olympic wrestling. I am still skeptical of this. JO wrestling can be hosted at another venue. I will wait and see. Back to the game. Erie clearly had some sizzle in their snizzle last night. They did initiate, not retaliate. Every player finished their checks. I watched Jake Marchment carefully last night. The Knights avoided him. What was the deal Friday night? Did Herfferman or what ever his name is (the world champion fighter who was really tuned up by Marchment) get suspended? The typical Dale Hunter hockey was quickly eliminated by the physicality of the Otters. It was one hell of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad