Player Discussion Eric Staal (The Frickin' All-Star)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I am happy to see the recognition of a top flight player in the midst of a revindication of his real worth.

He really should have been re-upped instead of lumbering Mikko. Reason over sentiment.

BTW, to those who watch footie, Barkley will wear Lampard's #8. That's how you handle number retirement.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I am happy to see the recognition of a top flight player in the midst of a revindication of his real worth.

He really should have been re-upped instead of lumbering Mikko. Reason over sentiment.

BTW, to those who watch footie, Barkley will wear Lampard's #8. That's how you handle number retirement.

It's not legal for him to re-upped yet.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Nice to see Staal at the all star game. Sure there was an argument with Granlund but not disappointed with the choice.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm just happy it is a forward. This is the first time since 2011 (Havlat) that a Wild forward will play in one. Koivu was selected in '12 but didn't play in it because he was injured. Outside that, Gaborik is the only other forward to be selected until now.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You can't extend a players contract until the summer before their final year of the deal.

IronRanger218er

Dec 24, 2017
Whoever said extend his contract is right in a way! In order for a rebuild you need vets to teach the young bucks. On the other hand I’ve noticed people on this site know next to nothing how messed up this team is! I challenge anyone to name a drafted player besides gaborik who made a difference on this below average team? The last real Allstar was Mike Modano! But yeah that was our real franchise;)

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Whoever said extend his contract is right in a way! In order for a rebuild you need vets to teach the young bucks. On the other hand I’ve noticed people on this site know next to nothing how messed up this team is! I challenge anyone to name a drafted player besides gaborik who made a difference on this below average team? The last real Allstar was Mike Modano! But yeah that was our real franchise;)
Granlund.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Please go troll another thread bro.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Apparently he has a hip injury right now, noted at the end of one of Russo's articles. Obviously not serious, but something to note that I hadn't seen mentioned elsewhere.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
To be honest, if we think about Wild without Staal past few years. Parise's injuries, Coyle's disappearances, Zucker's streakiness, Koivu's droughts, Nino's injuries, Granny's scoring difficulties..

We've had one man producing steadily. All-weather 4WD, works with anyone, all the time, anywhere. Staal's been huge, a silent monster.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
No dude, I didn't dread him. I said if Staal can play decent and determined he's good for some good points. People thought the minor sprain he has on his MCL was a problem, I said it wouldn't be.

Anyone who actually watch Staal play could see he wasn't that slow and wasn't washed up. He just needed some life put back into him. Minnesota has been perfect Hockey town-small town. But not Canada pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad