Speculation: End of the road for Phil Kessel?

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
If he wants to play one more season , sign a PTO (preseason split squad vet) to prove he has enough left in the tank.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Honestly he would have been a great stop gap in NJ. He can still move pretty good and we could use another scoring winger in our top 9 (unless Holtz surprises, not holding my breath).

Rec T

Jun 1, 2007
NKY
I think he knows that the ironman steak is over one way or another. However I also think that he wants those eight points too. An inexpensive contract with AZ, Anaheim, or SJ should easily take care of it by the trade deadline & then he might be worth a mid-late round pick to a team in contention just for the playoffs/Cup experience he'd bring.

Reactions: WhataKnight

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Hasn't the Iron Man streak been over?

See him back in Arizona personally but not an every game player

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
dont see a rebuilding team take him for kicks and giggles, they would rather give icetime to young guy to develop. for any contender he is such a defensive liabilty (he was -7 (I know its team stat) on the cup winners). his role is limited to PP2.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
For a guy who detests the gym and pays no attention to his diet, it's remarkable how long he's lasted.

Enjoy your retirement, Phil. I see lots of fat guy Hawaii shirts in your future.
Did you just make this shit up? Unless you're his personal chef, you don't know what his diet is and throughout his NHL career he has been an incredibly powerful guy. His cancer medication is the reason for the bloated look.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Did you just make this shit up? Unless you're his personal chef, you don't know what his diet is and throughout his NHL career he has been an incredibly powerful guy. His cancer medication is the reason for the bloated look.

Lol, are you new to the NHL? The guy is notorious for avoiding the gym and having a terrible diet.

You can google this yourself - there are tons of stories to this effect.

He's got great genetics from his athlete parents but his fitness routine has always been the stuff of ridicule for a reason.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Should sign a cheap one year to help end Toronto’s drought and have the most active rings

Reactions: banks

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
I could see him in one of Anaheim, Chicago, San Jose or Calgary as a dark horse option.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
He should sign with Arizona or Chicago. He could play every night and mentor younger guys while continuing his record

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I would have time for Phil in Edmonton. Our right side is relatively weak. I think at this stage of his career, Kessel is probably waiting to see if any teams/locations he wants to play in make him an offer. I expect he only signs in Canada if he doesn't get offers from American teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00