Injury Report: End of season injury report

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
All that means is that everyone is playing through injuries. It is the nature of the NHL playoffs. Being paid the big bucks means you come through even when injured, especially when medical technology can severely reduce an injury's impact on performance.

While I agree with the fact most people are somewhat injured, saying Big Bucks = playing great while severely injured is simply denying reality. Injuries (and the severity) matter.

There is no medical technology that can instantly replace and heal your ACL. This is madness.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
While I agree with the fact most people are somewhat injured, saying Big Bucks = playing great while severely injured is simply denying reality. Injuries (and the severity) matter.

There is no medical technology that can instantly replace and heal your ACL. This is madness.

You don't need an ACL to win a cup, just ask Yzerman

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Kevin Kurz‏Verified account @KKurzNBCS 11m11 minutes ago
Joel Ward had a surgical procedure to fix a minor shoulder injury, per Sharks. Expected to be fine for start of next season

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I'm so salty the sharks never got to build a dream team around thornton.

Me too. If 36-year old Thornton was good enough to be a 1C on a team that reached the SC finals and could've won the cup if Hertl wouldn't get injured I am quite sure that we would've won at least cup or two if we would've have good enough team around Thornton when he was on his prime years.

Last edited:

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
As long as you have fedorov, lidstrom, shanahan, hull, robitaille, chelios, larionov, datsyuk, holmstrom ...

yeah its always funny when the Lidstrom vs Bourque comparisons come up and the wings fans speak like Lidstrom single handedly won those cups and would have in Boston too the years the Bruins made the finals vs the Oilers.

When we said "ok, pretending Shanahan and Neely are a wash, you are cool swapping Yzerman and Fedorov and Larionov for Ken Linsman and Janney and Kasper, and losing Larry Murphy, Fetisov and Konstantinov and for Gord Kluzak, Glen Wesley and Alan Pedersen"

Its almost obnoxious. Every thread for Yzerman they act like he single handed won the cup for them. Every thread for Lidstrom gets the same. When Fedorov vs Gilmour comes up, they act like his clutch playoff play was the cog that turned everything. Shanahan was the missing piece!

The Rangers were the notorious big spenders who ate up most available UFA's whether they fit the mold or not, but most forget that the wings had a nearly identical salary most years and spent huge to keep homegrown talent, trade for missing pieces and sign available UFA's.

In a salary cap era, they would have been boned.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Thanks, I was pretty proud of that :laugh:

40 playoff games and 0 shutouts for the Sharks lol.:laugh:

Jones gets us to the finals his first year even after father time has been taking its toll on our core.

Yeah, goaltending remains arguably the biggest need to go all the way. Chicago's success with Niemi was smoke and mirrors and we unfortunately got taken.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
To be fair, 36 year old Thornton was the best Thornton.

Now, the 25-30 year old Thornton and Marleau duo? Yes, that would have been cool. If those iterations of both Marleau and Thornton were healthy and replaced their 37 year old selves on this year's Sharks team, we would have been a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad