Injury Report: End of season injury report

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Fascinating that Deboer didn't mention Haley. Haley certainly exceeded my expectations.

He lost a critical fight to Lucic. Ever since that game Deboer banished him from the team. He was the chosen one!

SenorGatos

Sep 16, 2007
He lost a critical fight to Lucic. Ever since that game Deboer banished him from the team. He was the chosen one!

Have to agree with this. Had he beat up Lucic, I think he would have played in the playoffs. But he just got manhandled.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Have to agree with this. Had he beat up Lucic, I think he would have played in the playoffs. But he just got manhandled.

Lol it wouldn't have made a difference.

Lucic is a half foot taller and has significant weight on Haley. Micheal did a great job to just hold Lucic off.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If he tore it and played 2 games in the Stanley cup finals I would call it courageous. Trying to play the entirety of the playoffs is foolish.

But if he sat out this series because "it's not the finals" he would've been crucified for being a soft, weak-willed chocker who doesn't have the hardcore, Toewsian-level intangibles necessary to win the cup. Just like he's always shown...

It was medically and rationally stupid to play on a wrecked knee, but in terms of hockey machismo and defying the dumb "soft gutless loser" cliche he's been saddled with he's pretty much done the only thing short of a cup that will help cast off that misconception.

Pavelski, on the other hand, has to be close to earning that label. He's had several years where he's player awful and looked like he's hurt, or we go "he's so uncharacteristically bad that he must be hurt and then we don't see his name pop up in these injury post-mortems.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
But if he sat out this series because "it's not the finals" he would've been crucified for being a soft, weak-willed chocker who doesn't have the hardcore, Toewsian-level intangibles necessary to win the cup. Just like he's always shown...

It was medically and rationally stupid to play on a wrecked knee, but in terms of hockey machismo and defying the dumb "soft gutless loser" cliche he's been saddled with he's pretty much done the only thing short of a cup that will help cast off that misconception.

Pavelski, on the other hand, has to be close to earning that label. He's had several years where he's player awful and looked like he's hurt, or we go "he's so uncharacteristically bad that he must be hurt and then we don't see his name pop up in these injury post-mortems.

Every List is not complete. Jumbo always says he's fine and often hasn't been and the team also does not say anything.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Came to this board to find out why Donskoi seemed like he fell off a cliff after last season. Wasn't disappointed. (Well, the shoulder thing sucks of course, but it is somehow relieving that there was a reason other than "he just sucks".)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Came to this board to find out why Donskoi seemed like he fell off a cliff after last season. Wasn't disappointed. (Well, the shoulder thing sucks of course, but it is somehow relieving that there was a reason other than "he just sucks".)

Hopefully it's the main reason why he sucked and hopefully he can recover from it completely.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Every List is not complete. Jumbo always says he's fine and often hasn't been and the team also does not say anything.

Well, Deboer said a lot yesterday and actually said no when a reporter specifically asked about Pavelski. I mean, he didn't have to say anything about Marleau's thumb or Hertl's foot since there were no real signs unlike Thornton and Couture, but he did. So based on what we know right now...:tmi:
Everyone on the team definitely has bumps and bruises like they do every year, but that never stopped us from calling out Marleau when he played worse than those who had major injuries.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
I love pavs he was/is one of my favourite players on the sharks, but he has been pretty dreadful since the finals of last year to now, including the world cup.

His skating is horrendous, his shot is non-exsistent, I've seen him pass up multiple shooting opportunities to try for these insane uneccasary passes. His entire game plan looks like it's either try for a tip or hope for a garbage goal.

I'm amazed he put up the points he did this season, but you can't keep him, it is quite clear that he is headed into a decline, and his value is probably at its peak right now, trade him and get some nice young core pieces back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad