Injury Report: End of season injury report

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
According to Sharks twitter, they expect Jumbo to be ready for the start of the season. I think that's being optimistic

Well, I don't think they were complete tears and he has like 5 months before the start of the season (and his ACL wasn't as bad as his MCL reportedly).

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Well, I don't think they were complete tears and he has like 5 months before the start of the season (and his ACL wasn't as bad as his MCL reportedly).

I'm not too optimistic about a 38 year old coming off of major knee surgery being in game shape by the time the season starts, assuming he won't be able to do any (leg) training over the summer.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Yea seems like Jumbo has some crazy injury every year. A less durable person would've retired by now.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yea seems like Jumbo has some crazy injury every year. A less durable person would've retired by now.

wut, he's usually remarkably healthy. last crazy injury he really had was when raffi separated his shoulder and he still dominated.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Every List is not complete. Jumbo always says he's fine and often hasn't been and the team also does not say anything.

If the players don't say anything that's one thing, but we usually find out through the media if they actually have something going on or wrong. That's never, to my recollection, happened with Pavelski. It seems unconscionable that in multiple years of the "Pavelski must be hurt, he looks awful out there" we didn't get at least one or two "oh yeah, it turns out he had a broken hand or a knee sprain or something" in that time.

I don't even think that he should need to have an "excuse" for poor play, but.... he does kinda need something to explain his spurts of bad playoff performance. And an injury is a lot better than a shrug and presumption that he just sorta sucked.

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Joel Ward wearing a sling at A's game tonight. Perhaps shoulder surgery? Don't think I read anything about him on the end of season injury reports.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Apparently Melker had to get his nose repaired surgically due to some kind of break.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Joel Ward wearing a sling at A's game tonight. Perhaps shoulder surgery? Don't think I read anything about him on the end of season injury reports.

We never read or hear about all injuries, which I have tried to get through to people over and over again and know as a fact, so thanks for sharing and helping to reinforce my point.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
We never read or hear about all injuries, which I have tried to get through to people over and over again and know as a fact, so thanks for sharing and helping to reinforce my point.

All that means is that everyone is playing through injuries. It is the nature of the NHL playoffs. Being paid the big bucks means you come through even when injured, especially when medical technology can severely reduce an injury's impact on performance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad