OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Spring arrives tonight at 11:06 pm. Winter has just arrived here though!
1710842505350.jpeg

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
1. Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson
2. I have, but only because I was teaching a class and some of the attendees complained. Not a fun time.
3. Not a dessert person, but I won't turn down a good Creme Brulé.
4. I was a cashier and stock person at S&S for 9 years. You can be sure I'd give it back.
5. No. Once had a Harness Racing Commission license in PA, but that was a long time ago.

Reactions: sooshii and caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The 10 Commandments will be on ABC on March 30th at 7pm. The reason it isn't on this Saturday is because the Rangers-Panthers will be on primetime.

I have never been able to stay awake long enough to see the end but I will take up the challenge once again. And lose once again. :laugh:

I'm bored, here are some questions for those who wish to participate today:

1) Is there a book that you have read that has never made it to the movie screen but would make a fantastic movie?

2) A co-worker has serious body odor issues, do you broach the subject? If so, how?

3) What is your favourite dessert?

4) If a cashier gave you an extra $5 in change by mistake, would you point it out and give it back?

5) Do you have a license for anything other than a standard vehicle?

1. There is no book I'd trust to be made into a movie, great or otherwise. Too often the producer/director/cast replace their "vision" for what really happened in the story & that is a deal breaker for me.

2. Not an issue as I work by myself

3. Right now it is ice cream. I loved my mom's apple pie though.

4. Absolutely.

5. I do- professional license for work and a pistol permit.

Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Reactions: Terrier and Ladyfan

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL

I have serious issues with the seeding in this bracket. All the power-house cookies are in the West bracket and have a much tougher schedule......

Sugar, Snickerdoodle, Ginger Snap and Macadamia wouldn't get out of the first round if they were on the other side.

I also think the Black & White cookie got screwed by the tournament selection committee.... 2 ginger cookies and no Black & White? That's outrageous.

;)

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I have serious issues with the seeding in this bracket. All the power-house cookies are in the West bracket and have a much tougher schedule......

Sugar, Snickerdoodle, Ginger Snap and Macadamia wouldn't get out of the first round if they were on the other side.

I also think the Black & White cookie got screwed by the tournament selection committee.... 2 ginger cookies and no Black & White. That's outrageous.

;)

yeah but if the macadamia was white chocolate and macadamia there wouldn't be a contest.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Well judging from this board I'd say Chocolate Chip easily beats Oatmeal Raisin in the first matchup :DD
Peanut butter is the sleeper pick to win it all......If it can avoid the peanut allergy stigma, its got a legitimate chance to go all the way. Chocolate Chip might be feeling a little too comfortable in the Conference Final and could be ripe for the upset.

EDIT: This bracket is like the 1968 Stanley Cup Playoffs where all the Original Six teams were on one side of the bracket and the Expansion teams on the other. Snickerdoodles are the St Louis Blues of cookies.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Good call, peanut butter is sneaky good.
i like them but i need the choc chips in them. my daughter loves them just peanutbutter. i just always end up eating the dough from them. i dont like them cooked.

Reactions: BMC

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Who is using their own modem/router combo instead of renting the xfinity unit? What are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad