OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Happy St. Patrick’s Day.

1710712212538.png

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Every year at this time I buy a pound of corned beef at the deli in Big Y. That's how I celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

BTW today is also Saint Gertrude's Day. She is the patron saint of cats:

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
One last travel pic. This is one the largest open cut gold mines in the world. I don't think the picture remotely does it justice, but safe to say it's a truly vast hole in the ground. The massive haulage trucks on site can carry 200+ tonnes of rock in a single load.

IMG_20240316_120740526.jpg

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
My daughter Is doing her taxes in the US, for the first time . She started with Turbo Tax and they ask for $118 dollars at the end. This sounds like a lot for me. Is that amount normal?
Taxes suck.....I am getting KILLED with self employment tax.....like 5 figure killed....
Damn kids had to get and get older so we lost them as a deduction

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'm still sorting through my thoughts after my tour but if you are able to come to Boston between now and late August, please consider going to the exhibit Auschwitz. Not long ago. Not far away at the Park Plaza Castle. I spent 2 hours going through this incredible exhibit reading, listening and viewing everything that was in it. It has changed me in ways I can't put into words.

If you are thinking of going, wear comfy clothes and shoes and if you can, leave your coat in the car or at home and leave all big bags and anything bulky at home. They have strict rules about bag size and there is no coat check.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My daughter Is doing her taxes in the US, for the first time . She started with Turbo Tax and they ask for $118 dollars at the end. This sounds like a lot for me. Is that amount normal?
Definitely normal. It costs $55 for the download on Amazon plus one free Federal filing but the state filing costs more.

She could qualify for free tax filing but she needs to check with her city/state to see if she meets any criteria.

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Got to play this at my brother's house for a long time today.

View attachment 837688

One of my favorites!

Didn't have time to play this one unfortunately.
View attachment 837689

The others are in his basement. I miss his old gameroom. But still fun playing the ones he still has.
Bruh, I haven't played X-Men arcade since like 1997 but remember it fondly. Nightcrawler was my go-to if I remember right.

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bruh, I haven't played X-Men arcade since like 1997 but remember it fondly. Nightcrawler was my go-to if I remember right.
I always play as Cyclops and my brother always picked Wolverine. When we had 2 other people with us at the arcade? Oh it was ON. Chuck E Cheese in Danvers and Good Times in Somerville. Those were THE places we used to go all in.

My brother also has the Simpsons bowling game. It's just nostalgia city at his house.

I'm waiting for X-Men 97 to come out on Disney Plus on the 20th.

X-Men is my #1 favorite. That stays with me forever.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

That seems high to me. I always use H&R Block. Charges this year were Basic Federal, State forms and Free Federal e-filing $49 + Tax +$10 for e-filing of State. Total around $62. I don't use any of the other services, because I don't use them (not many do). If she doesn't own rental properties, commercial land, a business, etc., there's really no reason not to file a basic return.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm still sorting through my thoughts after my tour but if you are able to come to Boston between now and late August, please consider going to the exhibit Auschwitz. Not long ago. Not far away at the Park Plaza Castle. I spent 2 hours going through this incredible exhibit reading, listening and viewing everything that was in it. It has changed me in ways I can't put into words.

If you are thinking of going, wear comfy clothes and shoes and if you can, leave your coat in the car or at home and leave all big bags and anything bulky at home. They have strict rules about bag size and there is no coat check.

My sister & I have talked about taking a trip to Washington DC. The Holocaust Museum will be on our visit list for sure. I saw a documentary on NatGeo several years ago about how the museum came to be and how it documents & exhibits the Holocaust.

People still can't wrap their heads around this evil event 80+ years on. I saw an article somewhere that close to 40% of the people they surveyed think the Holocaust is a myth. I'd sentence them to a visit to the museum, this exhibit in Boston or the episode "Genocide" from the series "World At War". They'd change their minds in a hurry.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Oh look, MIAA and co f***ed up yet again.

This was ruled a good goal to win D1 championship

CLEARLY in the net after the buzzer.

My sister & I have talked about taking a trip to Washington DC. The Holocaust Museum will be on our visit list for sure. I saw a documentary on NatGeo several years ago about how the museum came to be and how it documents & exhibits the Holocaust.

People still can't wrap their heads around this evil event 80+ years on. I saw an article somewhere that close to 40% of the people they surveyed think the Holocaust is a myth. I'd sentence them to a visit to the museum, this exhibit in Boston or the episode "Genocide" from the series "World At War". They'd change their minds in a hurry.
Anyone that thinks Holocaust is a myth needs to be launched into the f***ing sun, for real.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

FreeTaxUSA is the only way to go. Federal filing is free and state filing is $15. It's basically a budget version of TurboTax.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

It is so evil that anyone would believe this wasn't real. Same as the shooting of all of those kids at Sandy Hook.

Reactions: Alicat and caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

The exhibit here in Boston has a few pieces on loan from DC and from what I've read, the museum helped with getting some of the items from other museums and archives around the world.

I've seen the same surveys and I get pissed off every time I read about the ignorance and denial around the Holocaust. I 100% believe a visit to the museum in DC, this exhibit in Boston and others should be mandatory. Boston's Holocaust museum opens in 2026 across from Boston Common. One of the features will be one of the railway cars that everyone will be able to see especially at night.

Reactions: BMC

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I used Turbo for the past 7 years. Thought about switching to Tax Act but so much of my Info auto pulls in. Where Turbo screws you is if you need to file for multiple states, thats a rip off.

This year I sold an inherited condo I have rented since 2009 so I went with an accountant. I thought I could do it with Turbo but depreciation recapture was confusing the F out of me. Next year taxes will be easier without the rental.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My car has been in the shop since February 26. As of this morning, they are saying it will not be ready until close to the end of next week.

I discovered this weekend that the trunk of my rental car leaks.

I just want my car back.....

• Wow
Reactions: caz16 and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My car has been in the shop since February 26. As of this morning, they are saying it will not be ready until close to the end of next week.

I discovered this weekend that the trunk of my rental car leaks.

I just want my car back.....
That sucks.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I used Turbo for the past 7 years. Thought about switching to Tax Act but so much of my Info auto pulls in. Where Turbo screws you is if you need to file for multiple states, thats a rip off.

This year I sold an inherited condo I have rented since 2009 so I went with an accountant. I thought I could do it with Turbo but depreciation recapture was confusing the F out of me. Next year taxes will be easier without the rental.
I'll have to have my taxes done professionally next year because of the multi state filing. It is only for 3 months but MA doesn't make it easy apparently even if it is a simple filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad