OT - NO POLITICS End of February- hoping for early Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The 10 Commandments will be on ABC on March 30th at 7pm. The reason it isn't on this Saturday is because the Rangers-Panthers will be on primetime.
Whenever I hear something about The 10 Commandments, it reminds me of a friend of mine. He comes from a strict Mennonite family and when the movie played at a local theatre, his Dad decided to let him go to see it. He was so excited but in the middle of the movie, his Dad stormed in and grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him out. It was much too risque for his liking....lol

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Whenever I hear something about The 10 Commandments, it reminds me of a friend of mine. He comes from a strict Mennonite family and when the movie played at a local theatre, his Dad decided to let him go to see it. He was so excited but in the middle of the movie, his Dad stormed in and grabbed him by the shirt and dragged him out. It was much too risque for his liking....lol
I can totally see why lol. You could never make that movie in today's world.

Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My apartment complex sent me a letter with feneral move out reminders and then threw in a surprise preliminary inspection for Friday. My apartment is a disaster right now with piles and bins everywhere.

Is this a common practice?

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
My apartment complex sent me a letter with feneral move out reminders and then threw in a surprise preliminary inspection for Friday. My apartment is a disaster right now with piles and bins everywhere.

Is this a common practice?

Yeah. Doubt they'll care about the mess they're really looking for damage. They do it as a surprise so that people dont have a chance to do a quick/bad fix or cover it up

Reactions: Alicat

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Two things are chapping my ass this morning.

Xfinity is upgrading in my service area so the internet is going to be in and out all day. Not ideal for someone who works mostly from home. My phone hotspot is gonna get a workout today.

It's 2024. How is there not a website that tells you what time different acts start for concerts?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Xfinity is upgrading in my service area so the internet is going to be in and out all day. Not ideal for someone who works mostly from home. My phone hotspot is gonna get a workout today.

It's 2024. How is there not a website that tells you what time different acts start for concerts?
I think at some point I did see one site that did track how late headliners take the stage on average. But overall that is a good idea, like tracking movie start times. 7:30 just means the feature previews and shit, actual movie doesn't start until 7:47 or 7:50.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yeah. Doubt they'll care about the mess they're really looking for damage. They do it as a surprise so that people dont have a chance to do a quick/bad fix or cover it up
They told me at 6pm yesterday. I suspect it has to do with ordering supplies and scheduling. I've lived here for 12 years so it definitely needs a refresh.

I'm just trying to hold shit together at this point.

The costuming, or lack thereof, for the men and the scenes where you see the slaves being whipped is what came to my mind when I posted that.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I haven't been able to bend my thumb since Oct. I finally got in for a nerve test and it was awful. I made the doctor stop as I didn't think she knew what she was doing and she stuck me with a needle far to many times (and no it wasn't accupuncture). They also do this shock thing (many times) which is unpleasant.

The many needles into my arm and hand hurt like hell and I have a needle phobia. It freaked me out.

HHHH

Feb 15, 2010
Check on Reddit...some acts have threads about tours and people report what time different acts went on at the shows they went to.

Super helpful when my wife and I went to a double bill show in the fall (we had no interest in the first act) so we arrived just before the band we wanted to see went on, and because we were so late, they had removed the barriers to Premium Parking, and we were able to park right by the venue for free, and were out of the parking lot literally four minutes after the last song ended.

Reactions: BMC and Kate08

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

You should start one.
You’re going to all the concerts.

• Haha
Reactions: Alicat and Kate08

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site

I've made Dickie Dunn references at hockey games in the past, to capture the spirit of the thing.

1710987642345.png

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Living the DREAM

BTTF the Musical is very good btw.

I'm so jealous you're seeing Guster not once but TWICE. What a lineup of concerts. Elite lineup.

Good to know! My husband has been dying to go so I got tickets for Christmas.

I’ve loved Guster since high school, my biology teacher went to Tufts with them (hooray Catholic school, teachers could graduate undergrad and start). I was fortunate enough to hang out with them a few times and they are such nice, down to earth dudes.

Red Rocks has long been on my bucket list. Guster playing a lost and gone forever album show with the Colorado symphony orchestra? CHECK and MATE.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
All of them. Seriously.

I’m going to all of them.

View attachment 839111
I saw MJ The Musical.....not a fan of MJ but it was a great show..

I traded Judas Priest in London for Judas Priest in Kalamazoo MI...too many other things that I would have missed.....London maybe in the fall or Christmas....

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Good to know! My husband has been dying to go so I got tickets for Christmas.

I’ve loved Guster since high school, my biology teacher went to Tufts with them (hooray Catholic school, teachers could graduate undergrad and start). I was fortunate enough to hang out with them a few times and they are such nice, down to earth dudes.

Red Rocks has long been on my bucket list. Guster playing a lost and gone forever album show with the Colorado symphony orchestra? CHECK and MATE.
I'm so glad to hear they've nice people. You seeing them at Red Rocks? That view? It's like a DREAM. Please take pictures so I can vicariously live through you.

Satellite got me through high school. The nostalgia hits me like a ton of bricks!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NASA astronaut Tracy Dyson is being launched to the ISS by Soyuz rocket this morning:

EDIT: Launch aborted at T-20 seconds. No explanation yet. Crew & rocket are safe. Still no explanation as to why the abort happened.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

www.setlist.fm

you can see the setlist of each artist and the time they went on stage for every concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad