Elias Pettersson or Jack Hughes?

Who would you take for the next 8 years?

• Pettersson

Votes: 153 30.1%
  • Hughes

Votes: 319 62.7%
  • Undecided, flip a coin

Votes: 37 7.3%

• Total voters

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Inccorect, but keep telling yourself that. lol
Keep being in denial, east coast stat watcher.

This poll is for who you want rather than who is better. Big difference given contract status.

EP ranked higher than Hughes.

Take the L

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Keep being in denial, east coast stat watcher.

This poll is for who you want rather than who is better. Big difference given contract status.

Take the L

Not a terrible comeback tbh (unlike your buddy).

Though... a 2-second Google search also found these:

More people are ranking Hughes higher than EP as of today either way.

Thinking you're superior because of the coast you live on - that's a new one. lmao. You sound like a villain in a bad cartoon.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Thinking you're superior because of the coast you live on - that's a new one. lmao. You sound like a villain in a bad cartoon.

Most of those articles are badly written mainly by east coast writers, inaccurate and laughed at by most. Where they even placed a dominant D-man like Hughes shows how little credible these lists are. Nice way to cope tho and to bring this up shows your desperation.

I was clearly referring to the people here (who have a lot more basic knowledge than those dolts writing the articles), but it seems your comprehension skills are pretty bad.

Didn't say we were superior, but good of you assume. You sound like a clown in a bad cartoon.

Take the L already.

• Haha
Reactions: Jersey Fresh

kranuck

Mar 11, 2023

East coast bias and the general golden boy attitude that permeate sports reporting.

Appealing to authority won’t help you when one player is rated fairly to slightly underrated and the other is the golden boy of forwards.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
East coast bias and the general golden boy attitude that permeate sports reporting.

Appealing to authority won’t help you when one player is rated fairly to slightly underrated and the other is the golden boy of forwards.
Most of those articles are badly written mainly by east coast writers, inaccurate and laughed at by most. Where they even placed a dominant D-man like Hughes shows how little credible these lists are. Nice way to cope tho and to bring this up shows your desperation.

I was clearly referring to the people here (who have a lot more basic knowledge than those dolts writing the articles), but it seems your comprehension skills are pretty bad.

Didn't say we were superior, but good of you assume. You sound like a clown in a bad cartoon.

Take the L already.

You literally don't even know what you're arguing at this point. I couldn't care less about bias in an argument about who most would rather have. Trying to prove one guy is better than the other is besides the point. You said most think EP is better, which is wrong. Claiming he's better does not mean most think that.

In other words... Hughes wins the popularity contest whether you like it or not. Keep your L and add it to your collection. Lol

Reactions: xigon and authentic

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
You literally don't even know what you're arguing at this point. I couldn't care less about bias in an argument about who most would rather have. Trying to prove one guy is better than the other is besides the point. You said most think EP is better, which is wrong. Claiming he's better does not mean most think that.

In other words... Hughes wins the popularity contest whether you like it or not. Keep your L and add it to your collection. Lol
You clearly dont get the fact that I said people generally believe EP is better than Hughes. You not caring about bias is a convenient counter response because you have nothing else to go on about. Sit this one out and take the Ls as as you have been taking for this thread.

Popularity contest? Seems the link I posted suggests otherwise. Now go cry about that too. East coast chump.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
You clearly dont get the fact that I said people generally believe EP is better than Hughes. You not caring about bias is a convenient counter response because you have nothing else to go on about. Sit this one out and take the Ls as as you have been taking for this thread.

Popularity contest? Seems the link I posted suggests otherwise. Now go cry about that too. East coast chump.

In an argument about who is ranked higher by the majority of people, I'm generally going to side with Google over some random homer on HF boards.

Apparently that's an East coast mentality, and I should feel ashamed for it. Good one. Lol

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
In an argument about who is ranked higher by the majority of people, I'm generally going to side with Google over some random homer on HF boards.

Apparently that's an East coast mentality, and I should feel ashamed for it. Good one. Lol
Yes side with google with articles that a 10 year old can write. Hilarious. East coast fan at his peak.

Even more hilarious @ the bold that you are actually retorting with this because you have shown to be absolutely biased for Hughes in this regard and shown you are likely in your pajamas sleeping when EP plays.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Seriously you included a fantasy hockey ranking?

and yes we have all heard the Hughes hype yet somehow his team is off the charts in possession and some of his underlying numbers, zone starts face-offs would expose him on another team.

EP stands out on his team more, which isn't always the definitive factor, but EP also plays in all situations and is less sheltered than Hughes.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Seriously you included a fantasy hockey ranking?

and yes we have all heard the Hughes hype yet somehow his team is off the charts in possession and some of his underlying numbers, zone starts face-offs would expose him on another team.

EP stands out on his team more, which isn't always the definitive factor, but EP also plays in all situations and is less sheltered than Hughes.

I included the top 5 searches in Google. Add the following 5, 55, or however many you want to add. Hughes is ranked higher by most. That's a fact that is searchable by Google.

I'm not even arguing who's better. I simple stated "Most people think EP is better" is wrong.. which it is.

A few Canucks fans just can't accept that.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I included the top 5 searches in Google. Add the following 5, 55, or however many you want to add. Hughes is ranked higher by most. That's a fact that is searchable by Google.

I'm not even arguing who's better. I simple stated "Most people think EP is better" is wrong.. which it is.

A few Canucks fans just can't accept that.
It seems you are incredibly daft at this point since I was referring to this board which I mentioned multiple times and even posted a major poll about it where most people voted EP over Hughes. There is also another poll where EP was ahead of Hughes in. How does this simple concept go over your head this badly?

Yeah most of us cant accept BS.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Yes side with google with articles that a 10 year old can write. Hilarious. East coast fan at his peak.

Even more hilarious @ the bold that you are actually retorting with this because you have shown to be absolutely biased for Hughes in this regard and shown you are likely in your pajamas sleeping when EP plays.

My bias for or against a player has nothing to do with who most people would rather have. Neither does the age or post quality of a website.

You're having trouble keeping up. You're literally arguing that EP is better, in an argument about who most people would rather have. You're doubling down is downright amusing. Lol

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
My bias for or against a player has nothing to do with who most people would rather have. Neither does the age or post quality of a website.

You're having trouble keeping up. You're literally arguing that EP is better, in an argument about who most people would rather have. You're doubling down is downright amusing. Lol
Now you twisted the whole premise of the argument we had, and retorted this shit, when my main back and forth between us has been who would most believe to be better. Which I even showed evidence for, and you used google search like a fool.

Its not me who is having trouble keeping up, it is you with your blind assumptions, incapable of reading, and then resorting to strawmen. After that fails, you start to double down and try to manipulate. When that also fails, you resort to what you are doing now. Thanks for the laughs clueless east coast chump.

Go read what you initially quoted me on because you seem to be trouble remembering about that too. I even voted for Hughes in this poll for the record given Eps contract status.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
This is starting to feel like a publicity stunt. Canucks fans and Devils fans pretending to fight in hopes for their players to get more coverage.

Which is bizarre considering they are already well marketed players

Reactions: bh53

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Now you twisted the whole premise of the argument we had, and retorted this shit, when my main back and forth between us has been who would most believe to be better. Which I even showed evidence for, and you used google search like a fool.

Its not me who is having trouble keeping up, it is you with your blind assumptions, incapable of reading, and then resorting to strawmen. After that fails, you start to double down and try to manipulate. When that also fails, you resort to what you are doing now. Thanks for the laughs clueless east coast chump.
It seems you are incredibly daft at this point since I was referring to this board which I mentioned multiple times and even posted a major poll about it where most people voted EP over Hughes. There is also another poll where EP was ahead of Hughes in. How does this simple concept go over your head this badly?

Yeah most of us cant accept BS.
So now it's not most people in general, but just HF? Idk if that's correct but it certainly is moving the goal posts.

And to say Google isnt a good resource is... Something. Lol

I'll stick with Google. You stick to the Canucks board.

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
So now it's not most people in general, but just HF? Idk if that's correct but it certainly is moving the goal posts.

And to say Google isnt a good resource is... Something. Lol

I'll stick with Google. You stick to the Canucks board.
My initial post you quoted was referring to HF. You just assumed blindly, that's on you. You were better off asking instead of assuming.

The articles you posted arent a good source. When it mostly falls in fantasy hype rankings. Clueless as usual.

Yes I will stick to boards where people have basic knowledge over east coast -writers- who have the reasoning of a 10 year old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad