Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
402192F5-B5E1-4DB6-A5E4-FCCC7656B6EB.gif

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
SO stoked, I've been putting a lot of hours into Elden Ring past couple weeks, beat the game and immediately started a new play through. Also just pulled the trigger on a Steam Deck so I'm definitely excited to play it on that

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos
Sep 19, 2008
SO stoked, I've been putting a lot of hours into Elden Ring past couple weeks, beat the game and immediately started a new play through. Also just pulled the trigger on a Steam Deck so I'm definitely excited to play it on that
Playing Elden Ring out in the wild is intriguing. I may look into it.

The only bad thing about this game is the MP and how hard it is to solo. This game has serious difficulty issues. It makes me rage quit frequently after dying to the same boss for the 100th time. You have to be mentally strong to play this game and brush off the frquent rune losses (lost 80k runes last night just because I jumped poorly in a cave and fell into the abyss...80K!)

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

The only bad thing about this game is the MP and how hard it is to solo. This game has serious difficulty issues. It makes me rage quit frequently after dying to the same boss for the 100th time. You have to be mentally strong to play this game and brush off the frquent rune losses (lost 80k runes last night just because I jumped poorly in a cave and fell into the abyss...80K!)
Damn bro spend your runes

Sep 19, 2008
Damn bro spend your runes
I can't I have to save up to 90k for the next level

Anyway more dumb rune loss today and random dying and dumb scarlet rot shit, I'm done playing until the expansion comes out. And let me guess it's going to be just as frustrating and stress inducing as the original

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can't I have to save up to 90k for the next level

Anyway more dumb rune loss today and random dying and dumb scarlet rot shit, I'm done playing until the expansion comes out. And let me guess it's going to be just as frustrating and stress inducing as the original
These souls games really require you to “get gud”, that’s the charm of the game. This massively difficult and huge world filled with things that want to murder you. It’s your job to learn how to survive it all and become Elden Lord. Good luck! There are a tons of ways to do it. Keep at it and the experience pays off in spades.

I’ll agree that the multiplayer is zero fun. The connection based timing of attacks makes it unrewarding and I didn’t want to rune farm for an hour everyday so I could be in the 300’s. Don’t blame ya for hating that aspect of ER.

Glad there’s an expansion coming. I wonder how it’ll work with the levels of our characters. I think I’m a 170 or something.

Sep 19, 2008
These souls games really require you to “get gud”, that’s the charm of the game. This massively difficult and huge world filled with things that want to murder you. It’s your job to learn how to survive it all and become Elden Lord. Good luck! There are a tons of ways to do it. Keep at it and the experience pays off in spades.

I’ll agree that the multiplayer is zero fun. The connection based timing of attacks makes it unrewarding and I didn’t want to rune farm for an hour everyday so I could be in the 300’s. Don’t blame ya for hating that aspect of ER.

Glad there’s an expansion coming. I wonder how it’ll work with the levels of our characters. I think I’m a 170 or something.
I just quit it's too hard

will be back on expansion day to get my ass kicked again

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

I thought it was the one Fromsoftware game that was accessible. There are so many ways to trivialize the game. What's your build ? Do you use summons ? Are you making sure you're not underleveled? Actually, I found it really hard to not be overleveled at times.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I thought it was the one Fromsoftware game that was accessible. There are so many ways to trivialize the game. What's your build ? Do you use summons ? Are you making sure you're not underleveled? Actually, I found it really hard to not be overleveled at times.
The game can be really difficult if you're not using summons and just running around with a two handed sword, but other than that there's so many options to get by. You can focus on magic, use summons, go with a sword and shield combo.

It gets VERY discouraging at times but i thin if you've made it as far as you have @John Price you should stick with it now. What's your build and where are you at in the game? Also the Elden Ring reddit is an awesome place for help if you're stuck

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I was both underleveled and overleveled at points and that was my biggest complaint with the game. The difficulty was impossible to balance (unless you used a guide I suppose, but who wants to do that the first time through a game?).

Reactions: John Price

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Bumping this thread as I’ve revisited the game after some time off so I could face Malenia. I like to consider myself pretty good at Soulsbourne games, and Im absolutely stumped facing Malenia. Im level 138 with a duel wield build and have kind of figured out a way to get past the waterfowl dance move she does with our dying. I’ve gotten to the second phase a couple of times only to be destroyed. Anyone have any good tips that don’t include summoning?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Bumping this thread as I’ve revisited the game after some time off so I could face Malenia. I like to consider myself pretty good at Soulsbourne games, and Im absolutely stumped facing Malenia. Im level 138 with a duel wield build and have kind of figured out a way to get past the waterfowl dance move she does with our dying. I’ve gotten to the second phase a couple of times only to be destroyed. Anyone have any good tips that don’t include summoning?
Git gud?

Just kidding. I ended up using a shield. I could avoid 2/3rd the waterfowl without getting hit and then I just tanked the other one. Gives her health back, but it's better than taking a bunch of damage yourself. I think there might have been another move that I just tanked, too. It's been a while.

Also, when she turns into the flower entering phase 2, you can get a chunk of damage in with a bow. If your bow is sufficiently upgraded, it's actually pretty significant.

Lastly, I say if it's that hard (which Melania is), just use your summons. There's no shame in it. They put that mechanic in the game for a reason.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Git gud?

Just kidding. I ended up using a shield. I could avoid 2/3rd the waterfowl without getting hit and then I just tanked the other one. Gives her health back, but it's better than taking a bunch of damage yourself. I think there might have been another move that I just tanked, too. It's been a while.

Also, when she turns into the flower entering phase 2, you can get a chunk of damage in with a bow. If your bow is sufficiently upgraded, it's actually pretty significant.

Lastly, I say if it's that hard (which Melania is), just use your summons. There's no shame in it. They put that mechanic in the game for a reason.
Guess I walked into the GIT GUD comment hahaha. I will not rule out summons but haven’t needed them thus far and plan to gut it out a bit longer before considering them. Thanks for the tips!

Reactions: pistolpete11

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Y.E.S. yes yes yes. June 21st baby!

I didn't get many details from that trailer but I can't freaking wait. 16 weeks away!

Put these foolish ambitions to rest, Miquella. I'm comin' for ya punk

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
It's hard for me to keep FromSoft stories straight to begin with, let alone 2 years later, so I don't really understand who's who in the trailer :laugh:, but.....

Looks dope. Bosses look cool, some of the areas look neat, and looks like it could be as big as people were hoping.

I would assume so. Last I heard was June.
Good call.

Reactions: x Tame Impala
Sep 19, 2008
I've never seen a game as outrageously challenging and unforgiving as Elden ring and I played through max Payne over last weekend where jabronis one shot you with a shotgun.

I'm not saying I won't play this but I don't need that stress right now

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I've never seen a game as outrageously challenging and unforgiving as Elden ring and I played through max Payne over last weekend where jabronis one shot you with a shotgun.

It’s a masterpiece of a game when you get over the initial difficulty hump

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB

Dark Souls 1-3 are all definitely harder than ER

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dark Souls 1-3 are all definitely harder than ER
IMO, the difficulty of FromSoft games is largely dependent on the order in which you play them.

I played Bloodborne --> Sekiro --> Elden Ring --> Demon's Souls --> Dark Souls 3 --> halfway through Dark Souls 1

In terms of difficulty, I'd say Sekiro --> Bloodborne --> Elden Ring --> Dark Souls 3 --> Dark Souls 1 --> Demon's Souls

I know a lot of people say Bloodborne isn't so hard and after replaying it last year, I can see why. But as a first timer, I nearly quit because of the difficulty.

And Elden Ring can become easy if you explore a lot and end up overleved, use summons, etc., but I think the bosses are pretty tough and I think Melania is the hardest boss out of any in the games I played.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00