Elden Ring - February 2022 (PC, PS4, PS5, XBOX ONE, XBOX SERIES S/X)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Yea I've been trying to avoid the new footage. Foregone conclusion that I'm gonna play it anyways. Mostly sad that it's coming out the same week as Witch Queen now.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Pre-ordered at Best Buy for the bonus steelbook. Cant wait.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Watching the previews it looks amazing. The world seems huge, but filled with purpose like BotW and with Souls gameplay.

Reactions: Beau Knows

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I haven't played Demon Souls or any of the Dark Souls games, but I loved Bloodborne and being a decent chunk into Sekiro, it's on it's way to becoming my favorite game (granted I haven't played a ton of games). From what I know about the Souls games, it seems like FromSoftware is just getting better and better, so I'm excited for this one. I'm a little hesitant about open world games, but looking forward to see FromSoft's take on it.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
By far my most anticipated game. Took awhile for the Souls games to click for me but after playing and getting platinum in Bloodborne this year, I’m hooked. Went through Sekiro and loved it too. Currently working my way through the Dark Souls trilogy.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I haven't gotten into any of From Software's games, but I do love epic open world games, so this piques my interest. I just hope that they've figured out how to make a proper PC version. I tried playing the first two Dark Souls and gave up because both ports were so bad. I haven't tried the third or their other games to know if they've already figured it out. The news that Elden Ring will be locked to 60fps even on PC isn't very encouraging, though. That's a good way to show that you don't care much about PC gamers.

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Hadn't heard much about it until recently, but it looks pretty awesome. I don't buy many games at launch, but this one might get me.

Tonneau

May 15, 2017
Montreal
I haven't gotten into any of From Software's games, but I do love epic open world games, so this piques my interest. I just hope that they've figured out how to make a proper PC version. I tried playing the first two Dark Souls and gave up because both ports were so bad. I haven't tried the third or their other games to know if they've already figured it out. The news that Elden Ring will be locked to 60fps even on PC isn't very encouraging, though. That's a good way to show that you don't care much about PC gamers.

Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro run just fine on PC (as does Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin).

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro run just fine on PC (as does Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin).

Hmm. I tried Dark Souls 2 before the Scholar of the First Sin edition. I also tried Dark Souls before the remastered edition. I'll have to give one or both a try to see if they addressed the issues that I had with the original editions. Thanks.

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
ya the only Dark Souls that was a bad port was the original Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition. it was about as bad a port as you could get, and needed a fan's patch to fix things up to an acceptable level.

Dark Souls Remastered fixed everything up and was perfect from what i could see ...and i think they gave original owners of the junky Prepare to Die version a 50% discount on release ...which was better than nothing.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Hmm. I tried Dark Souls 2 before the Scholar of the First Sin edition. I also tried Dark Souls before the remastered edition. I'll have to give one or both a try to see if they addressed the issues that I had with the original editions. Thanks.
Play Dark Souls 3 or Sekiro before you go back to 2.

But the previous commenter is right. SotFS is a flawless PC port in terms of framerate and stability. I doubt you'll ever see less than a perfect 60fps.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Elden-Ring-PC-Requirements_02-15-22.jpg

Comes out next Friday

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I've always got these games on sale but may buy this one at launch for a change.

This should probably cover the minimum?:

Ryzen 5 2600
16GB ram
NVidia GTX 1050 Ti

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
First game i preordered in years. I didn’t preorder Infinite and actually had trouble finding a physical copy. Didn’t want to run that chance with this. Pretty confident this game is gonna be lights out so I’m not too worried.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad