Rumor: Eklund: Couturier to Flames

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I also saw that interview with Vinny. It does certainly seem like he is expecting to play right wing this year. Now, if Bylsma was coaching the team, he'd experiment with making him play left defence, and if it didn't work out, keep him there.

I don't know what's dumber, Dan Bylsma the man, or Dan Bylsma the contract extension.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Pretty OT here but the Flames are on NHL Network now... 2004 Game 1 of the WCF and next is Game 6 of the '04 Finals

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Pretty OT here but the Flames are on NHL Network now... 2004 Game 1 of the WCF and next is Game 6 of the '04 Finals

:cry: Watching these games makes me feel so nostalgic and sad. Just watching Iggy and co. and thinking "are you ready to have your heart broken?"

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
:cry: Watching these games makes me feel so nostalgic and sad. Just watching Iggy and co. and thinking "are you ready to have your heart broken?"

Tell me about it... what a pass by Iggy to Montador in Game 1 of the WCF. I miss this kind of 'C of Red'. Not the same anymore

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
We're already doing that

tumblr_ma6l30EsZA1r3ozv4o1_500.jpg

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
If Feaster trades a first for any player not Crosby, Malkin etc. than he deserves to be fired. Those 1sts are likely to become one of Reinhart,Nylander,Ekblad and McDavid
The Flames are fully committed to building through the draft so don't worry. The fact that they didn't want to deal the 6th pick for Seguin is evidence of that.

TylerSVT*

The Flames are fully committed to building through the draft so don't worry. The fact that they didn't want to deal the 6th pick for Seguin is evidence of that.

I dunno, i dont trust Feaster, he seems kind of like an idiot when it comes to trades and i feel he could be coerced into trading our picks.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I dunno, i dont trust Feaster, he seems kind of like an idiot when it comes to trades and i feel he could be coerced into trading our picks.

When it comes to trades, I'm sure every fanbase with the exception of Pittsburgh's probably feels this way. Nobody ever seems to feel like they get fair value on trades, and it's very rare that all mitigating circumstances with respect to trades are out in public knowledge. I know for a fact that there were Leafs fans and Kings fans who were equally irate with their respective GMs after the Bernier trade, with both sets of fans thinking that their team got the short end of the stick.

First round bust

May 21, 2013
Calgary

I'm not sure he has full authority from ownership to make those high profile deals anymore. Just a gut feeling but I think there watching him closely, and would have to approve a high end deal such as trading a possible top 5 pick.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'm not sure he has full authority from ownership to make those high profile deals anymore. Just a gut feeling but I think there watching him closely, and would have to approve a high end deal such as trading a possible top 5 pick.

I have a feeling that a billionaire like Murray Edwards isn't going to bother himself with hockey trades. I'm sure if Feaster asked him if he could trade Cammy for Zibanejad, Edwards would have no idea who the other guy was.

That's why we need a new president of hockey ops. We need a hockey guy who knows the names and knows their value. I'm not sure King is not in touch either when he's handling business ends. And Feaster doesn't deserve a long leash at all. So who makes the calls?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Really?

Billionaires don't get to be billionaires by taking an attitude of "meh" when it comes to running the day to day business.

I assume they became billionaires by knowing the financial market, not hockey junior stats. What percentage of Edward's portfolio would the Flames be? I think he focuses on his priorities.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)

Unless it's for a significant young asset i don't think you should be worrying. I trust that this team wants to do a proper rebuild. Feaster's comments after the draft calmed me down on a lot of worries i had.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
You don't make money by not knowing what you've invested your money in - and I'm sure they have at least a cursory knowledge of hockey that equals the average levels seen around here.

I bet Edwards knows the books inside and out. I bet he knew the history of NHL franchises, revenue structures, potential gains, capital required, average costs, etc.

I buy Commodities, doesn't mean I know the details about mining, it means I should know if the commodities will be worth a damn ten years from know. Murray Edwards knows more than anybody if their worth a damn. But he still doesn't know anything about mining.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I have a feeling that a billionaire like Murray Edwards isn't going to bother himself with hockey trades. I'm sure if Feaster asked him if he could trade Cammy for Zibanejad, Edwards would have no idea who the other guy was.

That's why we need a new president of hockey ops. We need a hockey guy who knows the names and knows their value. I'm not sure King is not in touch either when he's handling business ends. And Feaster doesn't deserve a long leash at all. So who makes the calls?

I hate this argument. There are countless examples of 'hockey guys' who are terrible at all levels of management. The best example is Mike Milbury just because someone plays hockey does not mean they know **** about prospects or players values. I love Weisbrod and am more than comfortable with him being the "talen evaluator".

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
I hate this argument. There are countless examples of 'hockey guys' who are terrible at all levels of management. The best example is Mike Milbury just because someone plays hockey does not mean they know **** about prospects or players values. I love Weisbrod and am more than comfortable with him being the "talen evaluator".

Perhaps HE should be our GM....

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

I like Weisbros too. I meant more along the lines of someone who's keeping up with hockey, not arena stuff, finances, and business, like King does as well. Someone focused entirely on hockey ops.

I like hockey guys, just as much as the (hyperbole) "countless" examples who's done well. Personally I think an organization should have a good mix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad