Rumor: Eklund: Couturier to Flames

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Per Eklund. I realize it's Eklund, but the only team he has legitimate connections to and gets right consistently is the Flyers. So somewhat credible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Rich smith is also reporting it on his twitter

I wonder what the price would be. You have to think cap would be coming our way in the deal. It would have to be around Bartschi, Brodie, Monahan or Giordano wouldn't it? I can't see anyone else on the roster or a prospect that you'd move Couturier for.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
as long as it's not baechi, monahan, or 1st picks in the next 5 yrs.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Only valuable pieces I can see us moving are Gio/Wideman since Brodie seems to be a part of the future core.

I can only see Philly biting on Giordano.

I love Brodie, but don't you at least consider it for Couturier? Wideman would be an absolute non-starter for cap strapped Philly. Giordano and a solid prospect (Gaudreau perhaps?) for Couturier and Pronger's dead cap space?

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'd consider moving Bart tbh. Bart IS NHL ready, and moving Monahan would be a step back for Philly.

Monahan, Couturier, and possibly Backlund down the middle is enticing.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd consider moving Bart tbh. Bart IS NHL ready, and moving Monahan would be a step back for Philly.

Monahan, Couturier, and possibly Backlund down the middle is enticing.

Everyone of those guys has shutdown center written all over them. We'd win lots of 2-1 games.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Play nice children.

Wouldn't mind a Gio+ for Mez and Couts. Depends on what the plus is though.

Also who the hell is Rich Smith?

I could see either Mez or the Pronger mess coming back in the deal. If it's Mez I think the + we'd have to include would be fairly substantial. If we took the Pronger cap hit that they can't buyout there might not be much of a + at all. Mezsaros is still a useful 2nd pairing guy, whereas Pronger just sits there eating cap space.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
My apologies, too many damn Iggy user names. It wasn't you, different poster.

I DIDN'T start the rumor and I DID source it.

You started the thread, in general when posting a rumor you should post a link of where you saw it. Its just common courtesy.

Play nice children.

Wouldn't mind a Gio+ for Mez and Couts. Depends on what the plus is though.

Also who the hell is Rich Smith?

I wouldn't mind that, depending on the plus.

People talking about moving Bart, no thank you. Bart has far greater offensive potential than Couts and to be quite honest Monahan and Couts are similar players having both might be a little redundant.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I could see either Mez or the Pronger mess coming back in the deal. If it's Mez I think the + we'd have to include would be fairly substantial. If we took the Pronger cap hit that they can't buyout there might not be much of a + at all. Mezsaros is still a useful 2nd pairing guy, whereas Pronger just sits there eating cap space.

Pronger whined like a ***** to get out of Alberta last time he was here. I don't see it. Wife issues, wasn't it?

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Alright guys, let's squash it.

Its the responsibility of the OP to post the link when requested. If you cannot -- because you're on your mobile phone for example -- please say so and request that someone else posts it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00