Rumor: Eklund: Couturier to Flames

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
There's the source. If people can't type hockeybuzz.com on their screen that's not my problem.

Alright guys, let's squash it.

Its the responsibility of the OP to post the link when requested.
If you cannot -- because you're on your mobile phone for example -- please say so and request that someone else posts it.

Thanks.

I can't see us taking back Prongers retirement contract, and at the draft Pronger was working in an organizational role for the Flyers, I think they want to keep him there.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
If it involves trading Baertschi, I don't want anything to do with it.

Agreed. Would pretty much make it a lateral move. I honestly won't even consider truth in any deals or rumours involving Baertschi. He's Feaster's baby, and I think it would take a king's ransom to take him away.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Agreed. Would pretty much make it a lateral move. I honestly won't even consider truth in any deals or rumours involving Baertschi. He's Feaster's baby, and I think it would take a king's ransom to take him away.

Exactly, he is Feasters stamp on the team, he would need something ridiculous back.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

Yeah, let's develop our own talent first before going off and trading for another younger player. These guys are so young that you don't really know how they'll end up developing, especially since they are both projected as young upcoming-stars.

Turboed

Jul 6, 2012
Red Deer, Alberta

I don't really even think it would be lateral. A step back IMO.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Does Couturier not count as a king's ransom? :huh: There are few players I'd consider trading Bart for and Couturier is one of them.

I'd consider it too. I don't think Couturier's offensive ceiling is as high as Bartschi's, but I think he could be a more important piece to winning.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Pronger whined like a ***** to get out of Alberta last time he was here. I don't see it. Wife issues, wasn't it?

That would be an issue if you actually thought he would play again. I'm not sure location matters too much if you'll never live or play there. On the off chance that he got healthy again you'd just deal him I think. He'd have a bit of value if he could play.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Does Couturier not count as a king's ransom? :huh: There are few players I'd consider trading Bart for and Couturier is one of them.

No, Couturier is hardly a king's ransom compared to Baertschi. What I'm saying is if Baertschi was going to be pried away from us, we would have to be on the good end of a lopsided deal for once.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That would be an issue if you actually thought he would play again. I'm not sure location matters too much if you'll never live or play there. On the off chance that he got healthy again you'd just deal him I think. He'd have a bit of value if he could play.

I am not sure on the rules, but I think that location might actually be an issue. I remember a story I heard on the radio once in Vancouver about when the Canucks were doing a little bit of salary cap limbo and Schneider had to be sent down to the minors for something like 1 day, and so they actually had to have him fly to Manitoba and back again.

Turboed

Jul 6, 2012
Red Deer, Alberta
If the price is right for Couts I say grab him.

If monahan is a bonafide 1C and couts is the same, why not have both.

If we give up d since we aren't really in a position to compete (make a run) right now anyways then we can rebuild that through the draft.

Just dont move sven...

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I am not sure on the rules, but I think that location might actually be an issue. I remember a story I heard on the radio once in Vancouver about when the Canucks were doing a little bit of salary cap limbo and Schneider had to be sent down to the minors for something like 1 day, and so they actually had to have him fly to Manitoba and back again.

Crazy, I didn't know that. If location is indeed an issue that probably wouldn't work.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I wouldn't mind something around JG though.

I was thinking that too. Given that he was made available (apparently) for Seguin maybe the Flames are trying to move him while his value is high? Maybe they don't think he will sign.

I don't think he's necessarily better but Couturier is a big centre whose 2-way game will develop. He might not put up as much points as Bart, but I can see him being an 80 point guy at his peak while being a threat in all three zones.

Thats what we have Monahan for. I don't see how its wise to trade him for another Monahan. I also don't see Couts ever touching 80 points.

I just value Bart way more than Couts.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I was thinking that too. Given that he was made available (apparently) for Seguin maybe the Flames are trying to move him while his value is high? Maybe they don't think he will sign.

Thats what we have Monahan for. I don't see how its wise to trade him for another Monahan. I also don't see Couts ever touching 80 points.

I just value Bart way more than Couts.

Agreed on the first part. The Gaudreau signing has me worried. I know I'm the only one, but it still does.

I don't see Couturier ever touching 80 points either. I think he is more of a 50-60 point guy. I also don't see Bartschi as an 80 point guy though. More of a 60-70 player. I think Couturier will have more of a well rounded game though and I have less injury concern with him. I think I'd move Bartschi straight up for Couturier.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
*****? This is the one team he does get things right with. Hoping Sven isn't involved. Maybe Gio and a goalie for Couts and a cap dump?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad