Proposal: Eichel to Rangers

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What about
Strome Kakko Kravtsov georgiev for Eichel

can also throw deangelo to even the salary

Do people here no know how good Eichel is?
Georgiev has almost no value, Kravtsov is unproven, Strome is good but this is a career year for him, and Kakko, while having huge potential, has started his career very slowly
Eichel is already one of the best centres in the league, only 24, and signed for 5 more years.

Reactions: majormajor

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
The Rangers have 12 players on ELC's right now. Buchnevich is a RFA. Shesterkin needs a new contract. Fox will need one the year after that. Panarin already makes 11+ This extra cap room is going to start evaporating at an alarming rate very, very soon, The only way I see an Eichel/Zib down the middle situation is if Trouba goes back the other way.

If you trade for Eichel, not all of those guys will likely still be on the team

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Holding being on a terrible team against a player is ridiculous. Not wanting an elite young borderline franchise centre like Eichel due to the Sabres being horrible is even a worse take than when people looked at Ryan O’Reilly in Buffalo. He worked out pretty for St. Louis didn’t he?
I don't really care about that. Just because that worked out has no relevance on how this would work out. I am a Rangers fan and as a fan, I would prefer not to make this move.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Strome is a 30 point forward who's having his numbers bumped up by playing with Panarin.

There's no trade from the Rags that Sabres fans are going to accept for Eichel (and Eichel alone) that doesn't include Fox + Laf
Guess it's a good thing he got 9 point in 9 games during Panarin's leave of absence and could coast the rest of the games for 21 more points through-out a season. Are his numbers bumped by an elite player, sure - which winger wouldn't have their numbers bumped? I don't think hockey fans realize how many more points Panarin has been getting because of Strome.

With that said - Strome isn't the guy Buffalo needs. Eichel doesn't bring back Fox + Laf. It's one or the other in any package deal. And they won't get a deal like that from any team in the league. (1st/2nd overall, plus top pairing D-man). It would be 1 or the other play prospects, pics, or whatever else to make it work.

Also, yes, this has been done to death.

Blame the referee

Aug 24, 2014
Granby
Do people here no know how good Eichel is?
Georgiev has almost no value, Kravtsov is unproven, Strome is good but this is a career year for him, and Kakko, while having huge potential, has started his career very slowly
Eichel is already one of the best centres in the league, only 24, and signed for 5 more years.
I certainly know how good he is. He is top 5 in the league, with questionable attitude and he probably want to leave Buffalo.

kakko and Kravtsov can be pretty good too

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If you trade for Eichel, not all of those guys will likely still be on the team
Truth. But the fact is you can't just pluck the choice guys on ELC's and make the math work. IMO, The OP deal doesn't take back enough money. I'm not counting Strome because trading your franchise player for an expiring UFA in a year has no basis in reality.

Reactions: jetsforever

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
How many times do we need to have this thread? Nothing has changed since the last time, Sabres fans still don't want your spare parts.

And Rangers fans don't want your broken "superstar" who never seems to produce anywhere near his over-inflated reputation. So we agree that the thread doesn't need to be repeated.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I certainly know how good he is. He is top 5 in the league, with questionable attitude and he probably want to leave Buffalo.

kakko and Kravtsov can be pretty good too

Actually, the closest he's ever been is tied for 10th, and he only did that once. Never been close beyond that one year, either.

Reactions: Flan the incredible

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Yes, you don't trade a 20 year old winger who you selected 2nd overall 2 seasons ago and made huge strides this season in his play.
you honestly sound delusional. Kaako isnt even close to being as valuable as Eichel.

i could flip that around and say, you dont trade your franchise player who you selected 2nd overall for a struggling prospect.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What about
Strome Kakko Kravtsov georgiev for Eichel

can also throw deangelo to even the salary

Georgiev is not even the better goalie. Kakko is underwhelming.

Prob need to start with Buchnevich, Kravtsov and Miller or Lindgren

Last edited:

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Reality is this: If Eichel is so great, Buffalo will keep him. The only way he gets moved is if he demands a trade. There are only a handful of teams that can pull off an acceptable deal. I see the Rangers and the Kings, maybe Columbus as mentioned before. My only hope is that we don't F things up the way we did when Marty St. Louis basically demanded out of Tampa and only to NY making us the only player in the game and we still got screwed in the deal. If Eichel demands out, you don't get full market value. We have no need to make that deal and need to be patient. If Eichel demands out but the deal is unacceptable, wait it out. See if he is willing to sit out. The longer he's out, the more the value decreases. That is how NY needs to approach this because it's the only scenario that makes sense. Buffalo isn't trading him unless it's the only card left in the deck.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I wouldn't exactly call it a big haul when you're talking about a player of Eichel's level. And replacing him down the middle with Strome isn't too intriguing for Buffalo. I imagine they'd be looking for a prospect that projects to be a top line center, along with Kakko and the 1st.

I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Reality is this: If Eichel is so great, Buffalo will keep him. The only way he gets moved is if he demands a trade. There are only a handful of teams that can pull off an acceptable deal. I see the Rangers and the Kings, maybe Columbus as mentioned before. My only hope is that we don't F things up the way we did when Marty St. Louis basically demanded out of Tampa and only to NY making us the only player in the game and we still got screwed in the deal. If Eichel demands out, you don't get full market value. We have no need to make that deal and need to be patient. If Eichel demands out but the deal is unacceptable, wait it out. See if he is willing to sit out. The longer he's out, the more the value decreases. That is how NY needs to approach this because it's the only scenario that makes sense. Buffalo isn't trading him unless it's the only card left in the deck.

Dont forget Bruins

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Columbus will happily pay full value, Adams can go ahead and lose Gorton's number if he tries to play poker about Jack frikkin Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad