2021 ~#5OA ~ Kakko
Domi ~ Strome
2022 CBJ 1st ~ 2021 NYR 1st
Korpisalo ~ Georgiev
+
2021 late 1st
2021 late 1st
Jenner

Not everyone is going to agree on whether the first listed pieces are equal to the Rangers pieces but at the very least it's close and then the Jackets blow it out of the water by adding two more 1sts and some gritty leadership in Boone Jenner.
There is just no way CBJ would move that many assets for Eichel though. Where does that leave them? Theyd have a center and bare cupboards. Pretty sure Eichel would push hard against any move to CBJ also.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Holding being on a terrible team against a player is ridiculous. Not wanting an elite young borderline franchise centre like Eichel due to the Sabres being horrible is even a worse take than when people looked at Ryan O’Reilly in Buffalo. He worked out pretty for St. Louis didn’t he?
"borderline franchise center" ?? Eichel is clearly a franchise centerman. He was on pace for 90+ point last yr by himself.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
Yes, you don't trade a 20 year old winger who you selected 2nd overall 2 seasons ago and made huge strides this season in his play.
Easily if your team could be ready to win if you did. Not to mention the C vs Wing thing. I don't think you could even hope Kakko becomes as good as Eichel already is.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
haha that is hilarious

okay man thats great I'm happy for you
Where am I speaking lies? He went from the literal worst forward in the league last season to a great defensive one who is slowly putting together the offense. All he needs rn is a better shot to be a franchise winger

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

Sabres should hang up. What kind of offer is that??

I would say ...

To NYR: Eichel, Skinner (retain half of salary)

To Sabres: Strome, Kratsov, DeAngelo, Miller or Lindgren

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Where am I speaking lies? He went from the literal worst forward in the league last season to a great defensive one who is slowly putting together the offense. All he needs rn is a better shot to be a franchise winger

I mean, you DO realize that Kakko is never going to be as good as Eichel, right?

And that centers are far more valuable than wingers?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
You are getting a ppg center. Not a super flash player but solid. A strong young goalie. The 2nd overall pick and another 1st. How much more do you think Eichel is worth?

You are over valuing the Rangers players. Sorry. I would hope The Buffalos would be getting at least one impact player. How about this look at the Pat Lafontaine trade between The Buffalos and Islanders.The Islanders got a younger star in Pierre Turgeon plus more in the trade . I don’t see that one wow player coming back. A player with the potential to be just as good or close to as good as Eichel .. even though Strome has had a good couple seasons it’s almost a spare parts and a Kakky PooPoo who may never figure this all out for Eichel ..

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
There is just no way CBJ would move that many assets for Eichel though. Where does that leave them? Theyd have a center and bare cupboards. Pretty sure Eichel would push hard against any move to CBJ also.

The Jackets are pretty solid at D, W, and G and have cap space to make moves.

Eichel would be thrilled to have that supporting cast.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
I mean, you DO realize that Kakko is never going to be as good as Eichel, right?

And that centers are far more valuable than wingers?
I hate this argument about centers and wingers first off. Vegas are like the third best team in the league and they have Chandler Stephenson centering their first line. If you have strong enough wingers, the center isn't as important as its made out to be. Second off, just because he probably wont ever be "as good as" Eichel doesn't mean the trade makes sense for the Rangers. Laf and Kakko are the two guys they should be building this franchise around. Still haven't answered my question would you trade Hughes for Eichel as the same applies there.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I hate this argument about centers and wingers first off. Vegas are like the third best team in the league and they have Chandler Stephenson centering their first line. If you have strong enough wingers, the center isn't as important as its made out to be. Second off, just because he probably wont ever be "as good as" Eichel doesn't mean the trade makes sense for the Rangers. Laf and Kakko are the two guys they should be building this franchise around. Still haven't answered my question would you trade Hughes for Eichel as the same applies there.

well A) Hughes is a center and B) Hughes has shown 100x more than Kakko has so no, it isn't really comparable...but you do you fam.

enjoy your wingers!

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Sabres should hang up. What kind of offer is that??

I would say ...

To NYR: Eichel, Skinner (retain half of salary)

To Sabres: Strome, Kratsov, DeAngelo, Miller or Lindgren

This is somehow just as bad.

Buffalo not only retains $4.5/million a year on Skinner for 6 years and gives up Eichel but they have to take back DeAngelo?

lmao

Oh right, I can't forget the "value" they get back in return in a soon-to-be UFA in Strome riding the coattails of Panarin and a couple of magic beans

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
well A) Hughes is a center and B) Hughes has shown 100x more than Kakko has so no, it isn't really comparable...but you do you fam.

enjoy your wingers!
That B is not really true but have fun believing so! I will enjoy my wingers enjoy trying to win the lottery the 3rd time in 5 years

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
You are over valuing the Rangers players. Sorry. I would hope The Buffalos would be getting at least one impact player. How about this look at the Pat Lafontaine trade between The Buffalos and Islanders.The Islanders got a younger star in Pierre Turgeon plus more in the trade . I don’t see that one wow player coming back. A player with the potential to be just as good or close to as good as Eichel .. even though Strome has had a good couple seasons it’s almost a spare parts and a Kakky PooPoo who may never figure this all out for Eichel ..
You can't site a trade from 30 yrs ago! Do you remember what Quebec got for Lindros? A bunch of smaller pieces and yet they faired quite well. That said both are not great comparables. LaFontaine was coming off 150 point season. Eichel is coming off another failure and an injury. What do you think Strome is for starters? is he not a 2c anywhere? Then you have a potential franchise winger, a starting goalie and another 1st.

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010
The Jackets are pretty solid at D, W, and G and have cap space to make moves.

Eichel would be thrilled to have that supporting cast.
Congratulations Jack, welcome to Columbus. Of course we gave up all our assets to get you so we won't ever be able to really compete for yrs.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
You can't site a trade from 30 yrs ago! Do you remember what Quebec got for Lindros? A bunch of smaller pieces and yet they faired quite well. That said both are not great comparables. LaFontaine was coming off 150 point season. Eichel is coming off another failure and an injury. What do you think Strome is for starters? is he not a 2c anywhere? Then you have a potential franchise winger, a starting goalie and another 1st.

Strome is a 30 point forward who's having his numbers bumped up by playing with Panarin.

There's no trade from the Rags that Sabres fans are going to accept for Eichel (and Eichel alone) that doesn't include Fox + Laf

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm sure this has been had before but doesn't appear anywhere recently.

To Rangers

Eichel

To Sabres

Strome
Georgiev
Kakko
1st

Sabres get a big haul for their no. 1 guy. Addressing issues in goal and replacing Eichel down the middle with Strome. Plus they add a blue chip prospect and a pick.

It may not even require the 1st though its hard to say. Where do you think the value is in this trade?

That's a terbble offer, you'd need to think about pieces like Lafreniere/Panarin/Zibanejad/Fox

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You are getting a ppg center. Not a super flash player but solid. A strong young goalie. The 2nd overall pick and another 1st. How much more do you think Eichel is worth?

No...you are getting a near PPG player when he plays with Panarin....in Strome.

No one in their right mind trades for Strome THINKING he is a PPG player.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Congratulations Jack, welcome to Columbus. Of course we gave up all our assets to get you so we won't ever be able to really compete for yrs.

Laine Eichel Bjorkstrand
Nyquist Danault Atkinson
Foudy Roslovic Texier

Werenski Jones
Gavrikov Peeke

Elvis

Competes immediately

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
You don't see any way to have Eichel and Zib as your 1-2 down the middle?
The Rangers have 12 players on ELC's right now. Buchnevich is a RFA. Shesterkin needs a new contract. Fox will need one the year after that. Panarin already makes 11+ This extra cap room is going to start evaporating at an alarming rate very, very soon, The only way I see an Eichel/Zib down the middle situation is if Trouba goes back the other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad