Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BronxBruin

Feb 27, 2002
Bronx, NY
Visit site
Random pre-expansion draft trade idea I had...

Buffalo gets:
-- Seattle's 2021 1st round pick (#2 overall)
-- Seattle's 2022 1st round pick
-- the ability to decide which Sabre the Kraken select in the expansion draft
-- any unprotected player they want from another team that Seattle will select and send their way

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
By losing Weber, we need to use the money to replace him. So it makes absolutely no sense to give Romanov.

Besides, Eichel was a number two overall, while Kotkaniemi was a number three, and is younger.

So just KK and a second round pick should be enough!
Lmao u guys crack me up

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Buffalo gets:
-- any unprotected player they want from another team that Seattle will select and send their way

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.
I think it is unrealistic to believe any expansion team would ever trade their first two 1st round picks.

Furthermore, no team would ever make a trade without knowing what cap-dump the other team was sticking in the return, the idea is pretty ridiculous.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Buffalo gets:

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.

I’d def do this. #2 overall take Elklund

Seattle takes skinner in the ED. (Unless we are backstabbing him and he was told specifically you won’t be selected). Getting skinner off the books is worth 2 first rounders alone.

Another nice NHL ready player they select from another team.

2022 1st is nice to have for sure.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Buffalo gets:

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.

I honestly think that might be too much from the Kraken. And I am probably one of the people valuing Eichel the most in these threads.

I think Seattle will be bad. Teams won't make the same mistakes they made with Vegas and I think Seattle will end up with a lot less talent. It also was the perfect storm with Vegas abusing the fact that nobody knew how to play the expansion draft, great scouting and a ton of luck.

I think Seattle will be a bottom 3 team next year. 2022 is a great draft.
It certainly would be a risky trade for all sides involved but ultimately I think this would be one of the few trades that the Sabres could decisively win.

Don't see that happening.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I honestly think that might be too much from the Kraken. And I am probably one of the people valuing Eichel the most in these threads.

I think Seattle will be bad. Teams won't make the same mistakes they made with Vegas and I think Seattle will end up with a lot less talent. It also was the perfect storm with Vegas abusing the fact that nobody knew how to play the expansion draft, great scouting and a ton of luck.

I think Seattle will be a bottom 3 team next year. 2022 is a great draft.
It certainly would be a risky trade for all sides involved but ultimately I think this would be one of the few trades that the Sabres could decisively win.

Don't see that happening.

it certainly is a lot. Maybe if the player picked from the Sabres was a specific one. Like Okposo instead of Skinner. That’s a big big difference.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
We're going to get the Max some team will give up .

We can wait .

That would be waiting a bit id imagine. After his surgery (if he gets it) and after teams see him producing at his old rate. At that point if he still wants out I can’t see when he’d have higher value.

Reactions: CREW99AW

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Buffalo gets:

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.
If I am Buffalo, I want an already drafted A prospect who is developing well as the key to a package Not a couple of 1sts from the next 2 drafts.
Sabres without Eichel, will be in the running for 1st overall in the 2022 draft.
Also, no Eichel trade should be tied to Buffalo dumping salary because that just lowers the cost.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
it certainly is a lot. Maybe if the player picked from the Sabres was a specific one. Like Okposo instead of Skinner. That’s a big big difference.

I mean I didn't even think of the Skinner angle.
That completely kills it for the Kraken...

Even in the worst case scenario for Buffalo where Seattle somehow turns into Vegas 2.0 that arguably is still a pretty great trade for the Sabres..

#2 overall, getting rid off Skinner, getting the best exposed player in the NHL and a late 1st in a strong draft to boot is a pretty good haul for Eichel considering the circumstances.

And the (way more realistic) best case scenario is probably the most lopsided trade since Lindros if that pick ends up as the #1 pick in 2022 considering that Wright has a decent chance at becoming a better player than (or atleast similar to) Eichel on his own and you would have gotten #2, a good player and rid yourself off maybe one of the worst 3-5 contracts in the NHL in the process added to him.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC

Buffalo gets:

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.

you are not trading Eichel to get rid of contracts.

therefore this provides zero benefits to Buffalo.

the Sabres need to get back strong, NHL ready prospects. Seattle will be drafting solid 2nd and line players, so they simply won’t have the pieces needed.

doesn’t work for me

ilikeblocks

Still a registered user
Feb 16, 2008
Trade has to go down today if its going down before the roster freeze. Could be a constantly refreshing HFboards day...

ilikeblocks

Still a registered user
Feb 16, 2008

Buffalo gets:

Seattle gets:
-- Jack Eichel

Flame away.

This isn't terrible at all. If Eichel's injury status was a little more solid I could believe it.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
you are not trading Eichel to get rid of contracts.

therefore this provides zero benefits to Buffalo.

the Sabres need to get back strong, NHL ready prospects. Seattle will be drafting solid 2nd and line players, so they simply won’t have the pieces needed.

doesn’t work for me

I mean its not only getting out of one of the worst 3-5 contracts in the league (I think it would cost atleast 2-3 1sts to get rid off Skinners contract if not more).
Its also getting the #2 overall (in a weak draft but still) and most importantly an unprotected 2022 1st.
That pick alone is worth its weight in gold. Wright and even Lambert look like potential Eichel level talents. And IMO Seattle is the favorite to finish last and even below the Sabres next year.

Then you also get the single best player in the league that gets exposed in the expansion draft added to it.

There is basically 0 chance that Eichel returns a better deal than that IMO. I highly doubt that the Kraken would ever offer that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If I am Buffalo, I want an already drafted A prospect who is developing well as the key to a package Not a couple of 1sts from the next 2 drafts.
Sabres without Eichel, will be in the running for 1st overall in the 2022 draft.
Also, no Eichel trade should be tied to Buffalo dumping salary because that just lowers the cost.

Shoot higher than that. You should be looking at a young player already in the NHL. Even grade A prospects bust once they turn pro.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I'm still plugging caffeine into my body to wake up. I'll take my L, but I didn't see the "roster freeze" part originally.
I feel ya. I actually think theres not much of a chance for it to come through today. To your original point I think there are more realistic times for this deal to go through. Teams are probably still waist deep in expansion decisions and not even thinking Eichel yet.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'm still plugging caffeine into my body to wake up. I'll take my L, but I didn't see the "roster freeze" part originally.

Same, but also I've been conditioned by all the posters who apparently think Buffalo needs to make this trade before the draft or the sky will fall

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I mean its not only getting out of one of the worst 3-5 contracts in the league (I think it would cost atleast 2-3 1sts to get rid off Skinners contract if not more).
Its also getting the #2 overall (in a weak draft but still) and most importantly an unprotected 2022 1st.
That pick alone is worth its weight in gold. Wright and even Lambert look like potential Eichel level talents. And IMO Seattle is the favorite to finish last and even below the Sabres next year.

Then you also get the single best player in the league that gets exposed in the expansion draft added to it.

There is basically 0 chance that Eichel returns a better deal than that IMO. I highly doubt that the Kraken would ever offer that.

Add Eichel and Skinner to Seattle and playing in that division they're not going to be the worst team in the league.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
So IF Eichel is traded this year, is the most likely time Thursday or Friday of next week (after roster freeze and expansion draft, but before nhl draft)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad