Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
He actually said

So if that’s lessening to you…ok

to me it pretty clearly says that if you have top tier stuff it will take less than if you have next tier stuff…which will take more

It sure sounds like a lot of teams are looking at Eichel at this point, with some teams obviously standing out a bit more. There should be no issue getting 2-3 high end assets in an Eichel deal. None. Asking for quality over quantity does not lower the asking price.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Apparently Buffalo isn’t telling anyone anything.

What we’re getting in the media isn’t from the Sabres.

Keep wishing!

Not wishing for anything other than Anaheim stays as far away from Eichel as possible.

And the tweet above more or less confirms my belief that Friedman is talking out of his a$$ about everything Eichel related.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Not wishing for anything other than Anaheim stays as far away from Eichel as possible.

And the tweet above more or less confirms my belief that Friedman is talking out of his a$$ about everything Eichel related.

Friedman is at best relaying what people close to, probably not at, the other side of the table have picked up.

It's pretty clear from how Buffalo have been spinning around testing the market, from the leaked CBJ bid to different types of ask, big package > to blue chip + top 10 picks > to seemingly now blue chip ++ package AND leaving the actual trade + details about Eichel's injury to the last minute before the draft that Buffalo want to create a bit of chaos and benefit from a bidding war with a timer ticking (buyer beware).

If I were a bidding GM I would have set my top price already and I'd stick to that simply. The blue chip ++ to me points at Vegas and Wild, rather than say Anaheim. Vegas are known for decisive moves and the Wild just performed major surgery on their roster and need an offensive center.

Reactions: tomd

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
There is no convincing you Mr. Bernmeister, you have convinced yourself that you are "FACTUALLY" indisputable... So arguing with you is a fool's pursuit... But I'd be willing to make a bet with you... I'll wager 50$ Canadian that the Sabres receive significantly more than Strome + 2 Conditional Picks for Eichel... Sound fair? By your reasoning, this is easy money right?
If you’re sooooo confident in that bet… I’ll raise you.

Reactions: FreshFitted67

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Yeah I think it confirms what many of us have thought for a while. Friedman sees one side of this Eichel ordeal. He knows what teams checking in on Eichel tell him and that narrative frequently carries over into what he shares.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
If you’re sooooo confident in that bet… I’ll raise you.
Ok, what are your stakes?

And let's define this... If The centerpiece of the trade is better than Strome... I win... If a top end prospect is included... I win... If the sabres recieve a top 15 1st round pick... I win... sound fair?

If a player of Strome's calibur or worse is the centerpiece, and the trade does not include a top prospect, you win... sound fair?

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I don’t care how good Eichel is, i’d take him every single day of the week but that’s way too much quality/quantity depth. It’s proven, Depth wins you championship. What has Eichel done alone in Buffalo, what has Mcdavid and Drai done? Will take lesser talented but still very talented player spreaded my line up over one player.

Those 1sts are likely 4 years away.

Guhle is likely another 2.

The only real problem from this deal is Montreal can't send some cap over now like Byron, or Drouin

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX

And let's define this... If The centerpiece of the trade is better than Strome... I win... If a top end prospect is included... I win... sound fair?

If a player of Strome's calibur or worse is the centerpiece, and the trade does not include a top prospect, you win... sound fair?
Well I’m not betting against you there, I’m on your side.

Stakes - 80% he doesn’t get traded (at the moment) this offseason.

Reactions: FreshFitted67

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
To Montreal Canadiens : Jack Eichel.
To Buffalo Sabres : Jesperi Kotkaniemi + Alexander Romanov/Kaiden Guhle + 1st pick 2021 + 1st pick 2022.

That's a good offer for acquiring a player like Jack Eichel?
too much for Eichel, he will go for more than Reilly but I hope Bergy passes on that type of ask

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

And let's define this... If The centerpiece of the trade is better than Strome... I win... If a top end prospect is included... I win... If the sabres recieve a top 15 1st round pick... I win... sound fair?

A top 15 pick as a centrepiece? The Sabres are better off keeping Eichel with all the injury baggage and any bitterness about being forced to stay. Really no contest. You take your chances keeping him before a 15th is the best part of trade.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
KK is a bust
KK is inconsistent, but he has proven to be able to play when the games matter, i guess Dubois is now a bust also , along with do little Marner, Matthews,Tavares, who have no real accomplishments in the post season, and let's not forget others who are overrated no shows when the playoffs arrive, what is the playoff record that kk owns as a 20 year old? one that none of the others have..

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
By losing Weber, we need to use the money to replace him. So it makes absolutely no sense to give Romanov.

Besides, Eichel was a number two overall, while Kotkaniemi was a number three, and is younger.

So just KK and a second round pick should be enough!
No it’s not enough

not even close

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
A top 15 pick as a centrepiece? The Sabres are better off keeping Eichel with all the injury baggage and any bitterness about being forced to stay. Really no contest. You take your chances keeping him before a 15th is the best part of trade.

no no no we have a misunderstanding... I'm almost certain the Sabres will recieve more than that for Eichel... that's why i'm willing to put 50$ on it.... and the pick doesn't have to be the centrepiece of the trade for me to win.... This is a bit confusing for me to explain without the previous context of the conversation I had with BERNmeister.... but believe me I'm saying BUF will get much MORE THAN THAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad