Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Hard to say but I can't believe Buffalo would allow themselves to be limited like that. But again, for me the issue is his current health and if he was healthy none of this would matter. I still can't believe any team will fork over assets for a player whose next step is neck surgery. 8 days to go...
I think it really depends on the prognosis of said neck surgery. Which they likely wont determine until deeper into negotiations.

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
By losing Weber, we need to use the money to replace him. So it makes absolutely no sense to give Romanov.

Besides, Eichel was a number two overall, while Kotkaniemi was a number three, and is younger.

So just KK and a second round pick should be enough!

displacedsabre

Feb 14, 2016
I mean they have about a week to figure it out, or he start the season in Buffalo, shows what he can do and then gets traded. If the Sabres are trading before next season, youd think it would be before the draft as the pick would be a significant piece of the trade

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I understand the team concept, but you have to wonder how a team a supposedly game changer like Eichel seems to constantly regress while Teams with somewhat similar talent (Mathews, MCDavid) progress.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because Matthews has Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly, Muzzin, Brodie, Hyman, etc..

Maybe because McDavid has Draisaitl (and that team hasn't really progressed at all).

Eichel has....Reinhart and Skinner (gulp).

Yeah, you HAVE to wonder.

Not saying MTL should trade for him, just saying that ignoring the situation of his team vs. others is kind of silly.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
By losing Weber, we need to use the money to replace him. So it makes absolutely no sense to give Romanov.

Besides, Eichel was a number two overall, while Kotkaniemi was a number three, and is younger.

So just KK and a second round pick should be enough!

Enough for what?

plz dont say that you think thats enough for Eichel.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Friedman was on The Instigators today.

He’s hearing that the price is lowering, while lamenting that he’s gotten no information at all from Buffalo or anyone associated with the team.

Translation: he’s hearing from people that the price is lowering. Those people are trying to acquire Eichel.....

So Buffalo is telling teams their offers are too high? Sounds more like the interest is tepid...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I'd be ok with doing that. I'd be ok with not doing it too. Don't think Buffalo is all that keen on trading Eichel in-Division or generally in the Northeastern Canada/US.

I understand the team concept, but you have to wonder how a team a supposedly game changer like Eichel seems to constantly regress while Teams with somewhat similar talent (Mathews, MCDavid) progress. It is certainly not all of Eichel's fault but he did play a part in the team not playing well and I think it comes down to him being a poor leader.

O'Reilly, Pietrangelo, mcdavid, mackinnon, Kucherov, Hedman, Draisaitl etc. all mange to get their team to the playoffs, Eichel never got them out of the bottom 5 except for his rookie year where they finished 23rd. Is that guy really worth the equivalent of 4 1st round picks?

Have you seen the absolute garbage Buffalo has rolled out when he was there?

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
...Habs need to fix the D first, not give up D pieces...this makes them worse and we don't want to be the new Buffalo; lived through that decade already with my Habs after we traded Roy...
So many online GMs and experts, so little time to be amused..

Just thank our lucky stars we don't have Gainey running the Habs. Bbinz was seething watching Sergachev be part of our loss, I doubt he's going to dismantle our defensive future for anyone not named McDavid.

We're safe....

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
To Montreal Canadiens : Jack Eichel.
To Buffalo Sabres : Jesperi Kotkaniemi + Alexander Romanov/Kaiden Guhle + 1st pick 2021 + 1st pick 2022.

That's a good offer for acquiring a player like Jack Eichel?

My counter: Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Alexander Romanov, Jan Mysak, 2021 1st, 2022 1st. If that can be agreed on, I might be game.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
No interest in selling the farm for damaged goods Eichel. Free cap space should be going to shoring up the defence

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
My counter: Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Alexander Romanov, Jan Mysak, 2021 1st, 2022 1st. If that can be agreed on, I might be game.

If you are game with this offer, I sign that.

I'm really high on Kotkaniemi, but Jack Eichel is already a superstar player... and Habs need to pay if they want Eichel in the same division of Sabres.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I don’t care how good Eichel is, i’d take him every single day of the week but that’s way too much quality/quantity depth. It’s proven, Depth wins you championship. What has Eichel done alone in Buffalo, what has Mcdavid and Drai done? Will take lesser talented but still very talented player spreaded my line up over one player.

It's a 3rd line center who can't take defensive matchups and some magic beans.
It's a garbage return, especially for trading within the division. The high end upside that needs to be there just isn't.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
None of your prospects are off the tables now boys, sorry.

Eichel is skating again. Narrative destroyed.

Or all of our toys are off the table. If it's closer to full price, I hope the Ducks are out of the Eichel sweepstakes. They aren't an Eichel away from anything but being mediocre if they lose Zegras/Drysdale+3rd OA++.

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
Friedman was on The Instigators today.

He’s hearing that the price is lowering, while lamenting that he’s gotten no information at all from Buffalo or anyone associated with the team.

Translation: he’s hearing from people that the price is lowering. Those people are trying to acquire Eichel.....
Lol Friedman… the fact that he went onto Buffalo’s local network to drop those remarks is incredible. This whole fiasco is something else

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He actually said

So if that’s lessening to you…ok

to me it pretty clearly says that if you have top tier stuff it will take less than if you have next tier stuff…which will take more

Reactions: is the answer jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad