Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
The guy went from being universally considered a top 5 trade value in the league to “sorry, we have 7 untouchables but here’s a late first and a b prospect” in a matter of three months.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The guy went from being universally considered a top 5 trade value in the league to “sorry, we have 7 untouchables but here’s a late first and a b prospect” in a matter of three months.

The amount of threads I've read recently where players classified as 'untouchable' is incredibly laughable.
"Hey man, my 30 point centre is 100% untouchable in this deal because he's only 21 and could be similar to Eichel."

What?

I've been open about it from a Flames perspective, there's nothing in the franchise that could not be used in a deal for Eichel. It just comes to total cost. Maybe Lindholm borders on that 'I'm not sure what the value of this trade would be then' mark, but, apart from that, there's not two-three-four or five things I wouldn't put together in a deal with Buffalo.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

That's what a 2 goal season and a significant unresolved neck injury will do to someone's trade value...

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The amount of threads I've read recently where players classified as 'untouchable' is incredibly laughable.
"Hey man, my 30 point centre is 100% untouchable in this deal because he's only 21 and could be similar to Eichel."

What?

I've been open about it from a Flames perspective, there's nothing in the franchise that could not be used in a deal for Eichel. It just comes to total cost. Maybe Lindholm borders on that 'I'm not sure what the value of this trade would be then' mark, but, apart from that, there's not two-three-four or five things I wouldn't put together in a deal with Buffalo.

Yeah it's wild. If the shoe were on the other foot, I'd be laughing my way to the bank if someone told me they'd take the #1 pick and Cozens for Eichel.

Reactions: stokes84

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Sabres still gonna get good pieces. It's just not gonna be flashy names being sent the other way and for the casual fans it will be deemed as a monumental collapse or something. I can already see the Twitter/Insta freakouts because they didn't get an Eichel back, 4 1sts, and every A+ prospect in a teams system. People are too hooked on name value alone, rather than what a player actually is. Especially how they're valued to these GM's and front offices.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Sabres still gonna get good pieces. It's just not gonna be flashy names being sent the other way and for the casual fans it will be deemed as a monumental collapse or something. I can already see the Twitter/Insta freakouts because they didn't get an Eichel back, 4 1sts, and every A+ prospect in a teams system. People are too hooked on name value alone, rather than what a player actually is. Especially how they're valued to these GM's and front offices.

sorry, Laf + 1st + good roster player or get lost.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
sorry, Laf + 1st + good roster player or get lost.
You realize no team nor GM would do that at the moment for Eichel and the situation he's in? If this was occurring 2 years ago when Eichel was fresh and things were all peachy then yeah sure I could see him returning Lafreniere. NYR was thinking and discussing the movement of the #1 last summer as well. But a lot has changed over the course of a year and now no matter how many fans want to say differently, Eichel is a gamble. A big one at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad