Speculation: Eichel Mega Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Told you guys.

This is not a good look for the Sabres among players. Could turn into a real black eye. This is why everyone kept saying "It is in everyone's best interests for Eichel to be moved, both for Eichel and the team" This longer this goes on, the less and less incentive Eichel has to keep silent and refrain from damaging the Sabres. I really don't think the Sabres have all the leverage here and if they don't start figuring something out, it could get to a point where their EXISTING offers are withdrawn because of how toxic an asset Eichel becomes or because of legal and medical issues.

Eichel has legitimate grounds to sue the team, and the player's association might even help him, how does that look?

Edit: I'll add, the reason Eichel has kept his mouth shut since the trade request was because the Sabres were doing what he asked and looking for a trade. As soon as they stop looking for a trade or a trade isn't happening, they lose all leverage on him.

The Letter also was very specific about the timeline of Eichel's readiness to begin the season if he has surgery. This was a clear message to other teams attempting to aide the Sabres in getting the offer they need, it was a bit of an olive branch.

I, personally, would not be waiting if I was Kevyn Adams, but maybe that's why I'm not an NHL Gm. Then again, if Adams keeps screwing this up, he might not be one for long either.

Reactions: amethyst and Fatass

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
So trade him to a team that is ok with the surgery. Clearly the Sabres and their doctors don’t wanna be liable if it goes badly

not sure how much control teams actually wield when it comes to dictating the medical treatment but as a player I wouldn't want it shoved in my face that my employer get's to decide whether i need surgery or not. I'm sure there's something about it in the contract but damn.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Only to people who don't give a flying f*** about the Sabres. Those of us who actually care about the team will all be elated to see Adams hold firm and not give away our franchise center for spare parts.
Did you see the statement released by Eichel and his agents just now?? Yea…that’s not a good look for the sabres. Quite frankly embarrassing and amateur hour

Reactions: Daves a mess

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
not sure how much control teams actually wield when it comes to dictating the medical treatment but as a player I wouldn't want it shoved in my face that my employer get's to decide whether i need surgery or not. I'm sure there's something about it in the contract but damn.
There is something in the contract.

If he goes through surgery that they don't approve, they could sue him. They can't actually get an injunction or anything to stop him, but I'm not sure Eichel wants to lose out on the remaining 50M of his contract and fight a lawsuit.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
This is a page out of the NBA lol. Players think there above everything. Let him sit. Plus with that neck whose paying the Sabres much.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
There is something in the contract.

If he goes through surgery that they don't approve, they could sue him. They can't actually get an injunction or anything to stop him, but I'm not sure Eichel wants to lose out on the remaining 50M of his contract and fight a lawsuit.

I knew it worked that way somehow but that wouldn't be ideal for them, either. I imagine they could sue him but it'd also void his contract and they'd no longer have control. And they'd get nothing for him.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It's obvious Eichel has a serious neck problem. Buffalo has to come to their senses here. There is no way this situation does not affect Eichel's trade value, you simply cannot sweep this issue under the carpet, nor can Buffalo keep him stapled to the wall refusing to allow him the treatment he wants.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Look bad to who?? Adams doesn’t care. More importantly. The Pegula’s don’t care.
Just going to circle back on this one…. Did you see the statement that Eichel just released??? Yea sabres look bad. Why would any player want to go there now????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad